Instant revive traits need to go NOW

Ovark.2514

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> Everyone hates these traits. My experience has been this season that the more players with near-instant revive traits, the far more likely they are to win.

If everyone hated them, nobody would use them. I think, instead, you mean to say that everyone likes them when they are on their team, and dislikes them when they are on the opposing team, hmmm?

Anyway, what would you have ANet do with those traits instead?

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > Everyone hates these traits. My experience has been this season that the more players with near-instant revive traits, the far more likely they are to win.

>

> If everyone hated them, nobody would use them. I think, instead, you mean to say that everyone likes them when they are on their team, and dislikes them when they are on the opposing team, hmmm?

>

> Anyway, what would you have ANet do with those traits instead?

No, the people who use them I suspect also dislike them. They just like winning more than they dislike using those traits. Replace them with traits that are intereting, non-auto-proc, and don't have anything to do with reviving players.

They should probably tone down the ability to revive SO QUICKLY. A scourge can pull a downed player from under you and have them back on their feet from almost completely dead quicker than you can interrupt the revive. It's gotten pretty ridiculous. A lot of classes can "power revive" like this and it makes matches pretty lop sided when several of the enemy is running these traits.

> @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> Which instant revive traits are you talking about?

The ones AegisFLCL is referring to. Transfusion for the Necromancer and Protective Reviver. Though, mostly I'm talking about neco because of how nearly impossible it is to stop. All a neco needs to do it drop ANY pulsing aoe where they are reviving and, when necessary, activate the appropriate Scourge Death Shroud skill. Opponents can't get close enough to cleave the downed player as well as the reviver so they need to stay at range and often have to settle for just one. Of course there is no way to focus down a necro before they revive the other player (usually also a necro). KEEP IN MIND that necros have the strongest down state auto attack, especially when paired with the blood magic traits.

I don't think fast ressing potential is a bad thing, I very much like the flavor of these skills.

But there should be a counter to it as well, fast stomps. Daredevil has access to one, but it's barely ever used because you need to take it over a vastly superior choice. That's the only class that can do it, and it should be spread around.

The "instant" revive skills have long cast times, they are not an issue. Personally I want to see those blood Scourges get some damn penalty for running blood magic, they literally lose nothing by taking it, you will still choke to death by their condis (that btw. hit entire teams at once) anyway.

> @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > Which instant revive traits are you talking about?

>

> The ones AegisFLCL is referring to. Transfusion for the Necromancer and Protective Reviver. Though, mostly I'm talking about neco because of how nearly impossible it is to stop. All a neco needs to do it drop ANY pulsing aoe where they are reviving and, when necessary, activate the appropriate Scourge Death Shroud skill. Opponents can't get close enough to cleave the downed player as well as the reviver so they need to stay at range and often have to settle for just one. Of course there is no way to focus down a necro before they revive the other player (usually also a necro). KEEP IN MIND that necros have the strongest down state auto attack, especially when paired with the blood magic traits.

I see. Yes, it is strong, but isnt that hard to stop. Scourges lose a lot of DPS switching to BM instead of curses, the AoE pressure isnt that big, so yes, you CAN cleave. It's impossible that you dont have some poison to throw on them after they pull someone. It works like the guardian signet, if you down someone, pay attention to the necro positionating, same what you do to counter the revive signet on guardians. The resses are the only mechanic that make people run it over curses, nerf it and you will kill BM builds. It will affect reaper too, but less because the main idea is the well buffing

> @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > @"Ovark.2514" said:

> > > @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > Which instant revive traits are you talking about?

> >

> > The ones AegisFLCL is referring to. Transfusion for the Necromancer and Protective Reviver. Though, mostly I'm talking about neco because of how nearly impossible it is to stop. All a neco needs to do it drop ANY pulsing aoe where they are reviving and, when necessary, activate the appropriate Scourge Death Shroud skill. Opponents can't get close enough to cleave the downed player as well as the reviver so they need to stay at range and often have to settle for just one. Of course there is no way to focus down a necro before they revive the other player (usually also a necro). KEEP IN MIND that necros have the strongest down state auto attack, especially when paired with the blood magic traits.

>

> I see. Yes, it is strong, but isnt that hard to stop. Scourges lose a lot of DPS switching to BM instead of curses, the AoE pressure isnt that big, so yes, you CAN cleave. It's impossible that you dont have some poison to throw on them after they pull someone. It works like the guardian signet, if you down someone, pay attention to the necro positionating, same what you do to counter the revive signet on guardians. The resses are the only mechanic that make people run it over curses, nerf it and you will kill BM builds. It will affect reaper too, but less because the main idea is the well buffing

You apparently don't play much sPvP. Either that, or you only play builds with ridiculous survivability. Every one of your statements seems false to me.

I find it quite good, but it can be countered if you are careful where the necro is before someone goes down. The key disadvantage of necro as a resser is that it doesn't have any stealth, and only has one stack of on-demand stability. I normally apply hard CC on the necro and cleave a bit on the corpse. Another thing is that moving the corpse to the necro is a big "hit me" sign for the team, and if your team actually focus on the cleave the necro will go down seconds later with almost zero chance of escaping.

My slight issue is that transfusion syncs too well with scourge and not reaper/core (because you don't have to enter shroud), but that's a minimal complaint. I won't be surprised if there is a nerf, but I don't think it's in a dire position to need one.

> @"MikeL.8260" said:

> The "instant" revive skills have long cast times, they are not an issue. Personally I want to see those blood Scourges get some kitten penalty for running blood magic, they literally lose nothing by taking it, you will still choke to death by their condis (that btw. hit entire teams at once) anyway.

It's all linked to the scourge syndrom actually. If we think about it, scourge itself isn't overpowered, but it fits really well with other classes such as Firebrand, or eventually mesmer since that holds generally easily a side.

That's quite similar to the revive trait : it's not such a big issue itself, but if you add it on a build that can spam conditions rather easily, you get unfair situations..

Theres also the issue of group rally on a single kill. This was fixed in wvw ages ago. Yesterday I downed 3 guys with a single mighty blow, to have their 4th the necro down me. Our chrono in his infinite endless wisdom and nearly infinite sources uninterruptible stomping ability couldnt find the brainpower to spike one of the downs. The necro fled from previous pressure leaving me to die to his 3 downed team mates, causing all 3 to rally. This shouldn't exist 1 kill = 1 rally.

> @"Gwaihir.1745" said:

> Theres also the issue of group rally on a single kill. This was fixed in wvw ages ago. Yesterday I downed 3 guys with a single mighty blow, to have their 4th the necro down me. Our chrono in his infinite endless wisdom and nearly infinite sources uninterruptible stomping ability couldnt find the brainpower to spike one of the downs. The necro fled from previous pressure leaving me to die to his 3 downed team mates, causing all 3 to rally. This shouldn't exist 1 kill = 1 rally.

1 Kill 1 Rally is a good idea.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> Automatic blocs, revive or any passives from traits should be removed from this game. It's just plain stupid when your carried by it & not using your keyboard skill's to win.

Yeah passive endure pain and passive elixir s are the biggest offenders here. If a guardian wants to enter renewed focus he has to ensure he has a stunbreak available to guarantee his ability to enter it. Whereas a passive has 0 counterplay, you can lock a guardian out of his invuln if played right.

Transfusion is just a helpful "drop your AoEs here" hint for the other team. If I'm downed and get transfused, I'm killed as often as I'm revived -- except 1~2 other people often die with me. As for the necro, interrupt them once. You're good. Cleave usually does the rest.

This is not an issue.

Now coordinated transfusion + MI often gets a few people up, but in addition to blowing multiple skills on two professions there's some skill involved with the timing and some allies _should_ be revived as a result. Still, infrequent.

~ Kovu

The only gripe I have with the amount of ress power in the game right now is that it makes the stomp mechanic mostly obsolete. Stomping nowadays is sort of dangerous in itself not to mention cleaving might even be a faster and safer way ro kill an opponent. I've also noticed the ress speed of lots of profession is faster then the time it takes to stomp (safe stomp from stealth for example) which makes stomping risky by default. Add the circle spam, enemy cleave and cc, and on top of it almost insta resses... I almosy feel like they might be better removing stomping alltogether than leaving it in this state where it's very rarely useful. Or, as someone above suggested either reduce the ressurection power or reduce tje stomp duration, but I bet there would be complains about that too. I also don't agree with people advocating for removing down-state all togather, so I hope these issues get fixed somehow.