What i didnt get to ask in the developer forum chat a few days ago....emotes

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s what been previously said about emotes

>**Regina B**

>Resources and priority comes up with animation and emotes as well. Yes, we can technically create new emotes, but they need to be prioritized over other needs. Do new player emotes take priority over animation for creatures in (as an example) the next raid? If game directors believe that this is a good use of our limited resources, then then this would be prioritized and resources would be allocated accordingly. It would be awesome to have new player-character emotes, but we don't have unlimited animators, and they may have other other priorities that supersede the desire for new emotes.

That said, they did add a number of new emotes in the game some time back so possibly one day they’ll add more.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Here’s what been previously said about emotes

>

> >**Regina B**

> >Resources and priority comes up with animation and emotes as well. Yes, we can technically create new emotes, but they need to be prioritized over other needs. Do new player emotes take priority over animation for creatures in (as an example) the next raid? If game directors believe that this is a good use of our limited resources, then then this would be prioritized and resources would be allocated accordingly. It would be awesome to have new player-character emotes, but we don't have unlimited animators, and they may have other other priorities that supersede the desire for new emotes.

>

> That said, they did add a number of new emotes in the game some time back so possibly one day they’ll add more.

I see....thank you

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> Will there be more emotes? Gw had like 90 emote. Yes a few were the same but none the less aproxamitly 90. Gw2 have like 25 i think? Some emotes dont even do an action and dont give a command error....i woulds love to see some more emotes. Pretty peas?

gw 1 has 56 1 wich requires Aeon

gw 2 has 26

nearly half but not close to 90

The> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > Will there be more emotes? Gw had like 90 emote. Yes a few were the same but none the less aproxamitly 90. Gw2 have like 25 i think? Some emotes dont even do an action and dont give a command error....i woulds love to see some more emotes. Pretty peas?

>

> gw 1 has 56 1 wich requires Aeon

> gw 2 has 26

>

> nearly half but not close to 90

Maybe 56 unique ones, but with the duplicates it could be close to 80-90 im pretty sure.

> The> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > Will there be more emotes? Gw had like 90 emote. Yes a few were the same but none the less aproxamitly 90. Gw2 have like 25 i think? Some emotes dont even do an action and dont give a command error....i woulds love to see some more emotes. Pretty peas?

> >

> > gw 1 has 56 1 wich requires Aeon

> > gw 2 has 26

> >

> > nearly half but not close to 90

>

> Maybe 56 unique ones, but with the duplicates it could be close to 80-90 im pretty sure.

You can count them here.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Emote

Even if you count duplicates it’s not 80 or 90.

(and why count duplicates. If there was one emote animation but 2 ways to type the command to perform that exact animation, it’s still the same emote)

> The> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > Will there be more emotes? Gw had like 90 emote. Yes a few were the same but none the less aproxamitly 90. Gw2 have like 25 i think? Some emotes dont even do an action and dont give a command error....i woulds love to see some more emotes. Pretty peas?

> >

> > gw 1 has 56 1 wich requires Aeon

> > gw 2 has 26

> >

> > nearly half but not close to 90

>

> Maybe 56 unique ones, but with the duplicates it could be close to 80-90 im pretty sure.

if the duplicates do the EXACT same emote. its not different but counted as one

/ty /thank you / thank would all thank the same but be typed differently still 1 emote 3 different ways to type

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > The> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > > Will there be more emotes? Gw had like 90 emote. Yes a few were the same but none the less aproxamitly 90. Gw2 have like 25 i think? Some emotes dont even do an action and dont give a command error....i woulds love to see some more emotes. Pretty peas?

> > >

> > > gw 1 has 56 1 wich requires Aeon

> > > gw 2 has 26

> > >

> > > nearly half but not close to 90

> >

> > Maybe 56 unique ones, but with the duplicates it could be close to 80-90 im pretty sure.

>

> if the duplicates do the EXACT same emote. its not different but counted as one

>

> /ty /thank you / thank would all thank the same but be typed differently still 1 emote 3 different ways to type

add about 20 more, each profession and gender has their own dance.