Any good youtube/video that would tell me something more about current state of the game?

I played back in 2014-2015 (before first expansion) and I'm considering to buy the expansions... just want to know a little about current state of the game, etc. I can find on youtube videos about this but I'm not sure which of the content creators would be actually good. I don't know any of them.

You know - I can test the base game... but I would like to know a little more about expansions, playerbase, etc. before I throw 50 bucks into this game.

Thanks for help ^_^!

Nothing really compares to playing it yourself.

However, channel [WoodenPotatoes](https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes "WoodenPotatoes") is running a [playthrough series](

"playthrough series") of Guild Wars 2. He's playing in a more inclusive style, jumping between multiple characters in an effort to show the woven threads of story in-game. In the most recent ones, he's working through the Sylvari early-game Story. He also has some significant insights and observations about the state of the game as it is and in comparison to previous versions, as well as where it might be going. I would suggest starting there, and at the beginning.... if you have time for a "let's play".

WP is one of the more prominent Guild Wars channels and community members; has been since the early days of Guild Wars. Other useful YouTube channels include BogOtter and AuroraPeachy, as well as the "official" Guild Wars 2 channel.

Trise nailed it, WP is an excellent go-to for all things GW2 and his ongoing let's play is top-notch (here's a link to episode 1

), and the others mentioned are also a great place to start. Lordwafflez also did some interesting videos on his hype for, reactions to, and early experiences in the expansions if you want an additional perspective. I feel odd posting this again but somebody else just asked a similar question and I think this video might be very well suited to your situation. TheLazyPeon is a an mmo youtuber who originally did not like GW2 in its early days, but just yesterday posted a video about his very positive experiences in the expansions and detailed explanations of why he now enjoys and recommends the game

Hope to see you in both the jungle and the dessert =)

Thanks for answering, yeah I seen LazyPeon's video, I actually subscribe him, but the timing of that video (ya know, bless release) and super positive opinion throwed me back a little, it looked so much sponsored (even though he said it's not).

About this WP and his series - won't I spoiler the story for myself by watching it?

> @"Runo.3780" said:

> Thanks for answering, yeah I seen LazyPeon's video, I actually subscribe him, but the timing of that video (ya know, bless release) and super positive opinion throwed me back a little, it looked so much sponsored (even though he said it's not).

> About this WP and his series - won't I spoiler the story for myself by watching it?

A bit, yes, but aspects of the story are different depending on the choices you make, especially early on. What WP has shown may be quite different to what you will play, story-wise, and he explains what kinds of things to expect based on the choices he doesn't make. And, while the specific details are up in the air, the main plot of the game is pretty much on the box: You are a hero, dragons are bad, you go fight dragons and probably win because "game protagonist". Hard to call that "spoilers"... Good news is, after the "main" campaign - into the Living World and Expansion content - things get much more nuanced. (You will want to stop before the Battle of Claw Island, though... That one is best experienced fresh.)

As noted by Inculpatus cedo, WP has far more videos about Guild Wars than his playthrough. He has commentary on PvP, news regarding recent balance patches, opinions on various problems with the game, an audiobook version of Ghosts of Ascalon he's working on... among many other things. Do be aware that WP usually assumes the viewer has played the content he is doing commentary on, so there may be some significant spoilers if you start diving into his Story critiques. He will usually say in the video if he's about to spoil something.

I will say again, nothing really compares to playing it yourself, even with spoilers and commentary. I had both Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire spoiled for me almost immediately (thanks, community... though I applaud your zeal and excitement). I thoroughly enjoyed playing through them, despite this. I would also point out that you don't lose anything in-game going from free to paid user; all it does is unlock the relevant content and certain features. Everything you did/earned as a free player will be on your account still, ready for you to continue on as that character if you so choose.