Treasure Hunter Achievement: Daily chests, general advice?

Hi there,

I foolishly set my sights on the Treasure Hunter achievement to get the chest for the home instance. I've been farming the Eye of Zhaitan, Rhendak and Ogre Wars events for a week now but no luck. I also did Ulgoth and Mark 2 but ended up just buying the items since they were a bit cheaper than the rest. The others (especially pendant and Sam) are crazy expensive though (400+ gold per item).

However, I read somewhere that you can only get a chance for the item to drop ONCE a day per character? Can someone confirm this? I've been doing Eye of Zhaitan 4-7 times a day (with one character I've got parked ther) so hopefully I've not been wasting my time.

Is there anyone that got the achievement (even partially) who has any further advice? How long did it take you to get some of the items? I am tempted to just buy the different items..

Thanks a lot! :)

They are incredible uber rare. Ive been doing them for a great long time, only getting Sam of the ultra rares.

Plus there seems to be some conflicting information abou tthe one from the priestest of lyssa, if it can drop off from either defense or assault, or only assault.

I ended throwing gold at it to buy them, as I wearied of farming them daily.

Thanks guys. So about the daily thing? Is it true that you can only get the item once a day?

I've seen the pendant drop with two groups I was with since I've started doing Eye of Zhaitan. Unless they just linked the item from trading post of course :D

The drop rarity is to high to collect enough evidence to support or deny any claim that it only rolls once per day. If it came from a Dev, then that dev needs to have very unethical things done to them for thinking this would be a good system to handle for the type of content its attached to.

The items come from the big meta event chest, not the boss corpse. As long as you are able to loot the chest you have a chance to get it; most of these kinds of chests are only lootable once a day, so if that's the case then yes you only get one shot a day. Naturally, there is a reason why these items have the price that they do.

I was on autoloot so I never really noticed the chests. Will look into it from now on but I believe Mtpelion is right. So that means no more camping @ boss locations to kill them a couple of times a day with the same character.. Well, at least that's settled.. Even more tempted to just get it over with and buy the rest of the items :D