Connection error(s) detected

I have been receiving this message since yesterday (05/29/18) when trying to run the client, and I play daily.

_Connection error(s) detected. Retrying..._

I already tried to solve the problem following other old posts, but nothing worked, could anyone help me?

Same problem here. I was about to make a post. Tried several solutions from the internet.

Entering netsh winsock reset catalog on cmd

Reseting cache

Using google's DNS

Nothing works. I'm about to try and reinstall the game. Anyone knows of anything else that might be done?

Alright, I got it working. The inital DNS solution didn't work because every post said to change to Google's IPV4 DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Since I have IPV6, I searched for it's DNS (2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844) and it worked.

Hope that helps

• 1 month later...

> @"ruzicka.4783" said:

> I am now getting this connection error. What exactly do I have to do for this DNS fix?

Start by simply clearing your DNS cache. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter:

ipconfig /flushdns

If that fails, you can manually select a patch server using the option:

-assetsrv 18.207.51.140

(the IPs change frequently, so you can lookup the IP yourself using cmd.exe > nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8)

If you want to use Google's DNS:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

> @"Krower.3147" said:

> Alright, I got it working. The inital DNS solution didn't work because every post said to change to Google's IPV4 DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

> Since I have IPV6, I searched for it's DNS (2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844) and it worked.

> Hope that helps

Hello all :) i played yesterday Gw2 without any probs.. Today i have the same issue..

Tried the DNS thing.. nothing helped.. any other suggestions? ;/ i really wanna play GW2