Game Wont Download

Delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat. Launch GW2 with the option:

-assetsrv 54.88.220.63

If it's still stuck, you'll likely need to use a VPN. TunnelBear is a popular choice, while supports recommends proXPN.

> @"GuitarGirlMN.6841" said:

> > @"zolcor.2601" said:

> > I may have figured out my problem. I had to much stuff in my cache.

>

> Do you mind telling me how you fixed it? I'm having a similar issue except at 343,247 files remaining.

You can peruse the 'Installing' issues articles in the Knowledge Base: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/sections/200307218-Solving-Problems

(Includes instructions for clearing the GW2 cache, though I'm not sure that's what the other poster was referring to.)

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"GuitarGirlMN.6841" said:

> > > @"zolcor.2601" said:

> > > I may have figured out my problem. I had to much stuff in my cache.

> >

> > Do you mind telling me how you fixed it? I'm having a similar issue except at 343,247 files remaining.

>

> You can peruse the 'Installing' issues articles in the Knowledge Base: https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/sections/200307218-Solving-Problems

> (Includes instructions for clearing the GW2 cache, though I'm not sure that's what the other poster was referring to.)

>

> Good luck.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

> @"GuitarGirlMN.6841" said:

> > @"zolcor.2601" said:

> > I may have figured out my problem. I had to much stuff in my cache.

>

> Do you mind telling me how you fixed it? I'm having a similar issue except at 343,247 files remaining.

I have Windows 10 so I'm not sure if this will work for you. I went to users, my name, appdata, temp, and then gw2cache with a bunch of random numbers and letters on the folder. Inside is the data your game has saved over the days. What I did was delete that data then reinstalled my game. It's not fun, but it tends to work. I hope this helps you. However what you heard in previous comments above may help too.

> @"zolcor.2601" said:

> > @"GuitarGirlMN.6841" said:

> > > @"zolcor.2601" said:

> > > I may have figured out my problem. I had to much stuff in my cache.

> >

> > Do you mind telling me how you fixed it? I'm having a similar issue except at 343,247 files remaining.

>

> I have Windows 10 so I'm not sure if this will work for you. I went to users, my name, appdata, temp, and then gw2cache with a bunch of random numbers and letters on the folder. Inside is the data your game has saved over the days. What I did was delete that data then reinstalled my game. It's not fun, but it tends to work. I hope this helps you. However what you heard in previous comments above may help too.

I had already tried it, it didn't work, I had to have someone send me the game files, thanks anyway.