Can we make EoTM offical map?

Ryudnard.2587

> @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> - EBG

> - Desert bl

> - Alpha bl

> - EoTM map

>

> Or, just test it for one special week? Honestly, I want to see how EoTM map can feel when the pips are granted in the map, and commanders actively running around to ppt and fight hard.

EBG - equal 3 way

Desert bl - home advantage map

Alpine bl - home advantage map

EoTM - equal 3 way.

3 teams, requires 3 home advantage maps.

How are you expecting to feel? pips won't be granted any faster, since it mostly relies on your ranks and placement in the skirmishes. The only thing that will be different is the warscore will probably increase more than usual since structures are not upgraded(in it's current state) and everything will just be ktrained down for capture points. Eotm has to either replace ebg(a big nono), or added to the rest of the maps as ebg 2.0, which may be possible depending on how they deal with alliance worlds.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"Ryudnard.2587" said:

> > - EBG

> > - Desert bl

> > - Alpha bl

> > - EoTM map

> >

> > Or, just test it for one special week? Honestly, I want to see how EoTM map can feel when the pips are granted in the map, and commanders actively running around to ppt and fight hard.

>

> EBG - equal 3 way

> Desert bl - home advantage map

> Alpha bl - home advantage map

> EoTM - equal 3 way.

>

> 3 teams, requires 3 home advantage maps.

>

> How are you expecting to feel? pips won't be granted any faster, since it mostly relies on your ranks and placement in the skirmishes. The only thing that will be different is the warscore will probably increase more than usual since structures are not upgraded(in it's current state) and everything will just be ktrained down for capture points. Eotm has to either replace ebg(a big nono), or added to the rest of the maps as ebg 2.0, which may be possible depending on how they deal with alliance worlds.

How are Desert BL and Alpha BL home advantage map??

- There is no existing gliding/claiming territories.

- There is no existing upgrade system in EotM thus no reason to defend objectives.

- EotM green side is completely overpowered because you can access those devices that reveal enemies with easiest keep to scout while walking out of spawn.

- The objectives are too scattered for them to matter, they would have to move the towers to where the current Statuary, Belltower and That airship thingy ( I think these are the names) are so servers would actually be able to defend them.

- The spawn waypoints are too inconvenient and slow to walk out of, defending your side will be impossible.

- Blue side can get Kodans and facerub gates down in 20 seconds at Forge. Forge buff and blue side slow buff are op and inbalanced in general.

- Cliffs Cliffs Cliffs, and rangers hiding behind walls, good luck running back from spawn as a new player.

Good idea but EotM doesn't fit the current WvW maps, it is completely inbalanced. Also EotM won't get support as long as WvW population is in the decline.

> @"Threather.9354" said:

> - There is no existing gliding/claiming territories.

> - There is no existing upgrade system in EotM thus no reason to defend objectives.

> - EotM green side is completely overpowered because you can access those devices that reveal enemies with easiest keep to scout while walking out of spawn.

> - The objectives are too scattered for them to matter, they would have to move the towers to where the current Statuary, Belltower and That airship thingy ( I think these are the names) are so servers would actually be able to defend them.

> - The spawn waypoints are too inconvenient and slow to walk out of, defending your side will be impossible.

> - Blue side can get Kodans and facerub gates down in 20 seconds at Forge. Forge buff and blue side slow buff are op and inbalanced in general.

> - Cliffs Cliffs Cliffs, and rangers hiding behind walls, good luck running back from spawn as a new player.

>

> Good idea but EotM doesn't fit the current WvW maps, it is completely inbalanced. Also EotM won't get support as long as WvW population is in the decline.

I can agree I don't want to see EoTM getting a year of Dev time being tweaked into shape like DBL required.

But as far as side imbalances go, so long as green gets a rough go and red gets a boost, that's ok. True faction balance isn't a WvW reality nor will it be.

Meh I was tired, posted before I went to bed.

Alpine borderlands. The north side of it is easier to respond and defend, from spawn you can quickly get to garrison keep and two towers. The spawns on the bottom only gets you to one keep and one tower quickly. The ebg map have three equal sides with equal amount of structures a keep and four towers.

Please no. The map design clearly plays favorites with OG and FR (the defense of FR keep is ridiculously easy). If there were even a hint that this may come to fruition the have to completely redo BL keep. The massive attack surface on that poorly designed structure essentially makes it impossible to defend without investing a lot of time and effort in siege construction.