What will happen when the last elder dragon is killed or put to sleep

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> To sleep is no issue, that's part of the constant cycle.

> Its their deaths that causes imbalance.

> It's like a set of two dragons are opposing poles, like a magnet, and with all six, the magic circulates smoothly. But remove poles one by one and the magic will slowly circulate out of control

This is the part that I dont get it...its this "dragon brings balance to the world" something that Anet allways had in mind, or this is new stuff(post-HoT)...asking cause i was exploring around the Shiverpeaks and pretty much all Kodan talk about the concepts of balance and how to achieve it, and all of them consider the Dragons to be agents of corruption and they bring imbalance to the world, just like the Dredge or Chaars, so much that they oppose them...so whats the deal here? Are Kodan teachings wrong? The devs had forgotten of their own established lore?

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > To sleep is no issue, that's part of the constant cycle.

> > Its their deaths that causes imbalance.

> > It's like a set of two dragons are opposing poles, like a magnet, and with all six, the magic circulates smoothly. But remove poles one by one and the magic will slowly circulate out of control

>

> This is the part that I dont get it...its this "dragon brings balance to the world" something that Anet allways had in mind, or this is new stuff(post-HoT)...asking cause i was exploring around the Shiverpeaks and pretty much all Kodan talk about the concepts of balance and how to achieve it, and all of them consider the Dragons to be agents of corruption and they bring imbalance to the world, just like the Dredge or Chaars, so much that they oppose them...so whats the deal here? Are Kodan teachings wrong? The devs had forgotten of their own established lore?

The dragons have to be stopped the only other way to keep the Tyria's magic from being destroyed is to have new dragons who won't kill everyone to replace the evil elder dragons cause yes they are evil, this way the magic they already have dose not destroy everything when its released.

> @"Telwyn.1630" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > To sleep is no issue, that's part of the constant cycle.

> > > Its their deaths that causes imbalance.

> > > It's like a set of two dragons are opposing poles, like a magnet, and with all six, the magic circulates smoothly. But remove poles one by one and the magic will slowly circulate out of control

> >

> > This is the part that I dont get it...its this "dragon brings balance to the world" something that Anet allways had in mind, or this is new stuff(post-HoT)...asking cause i was exploring around the Shiverpeaks and pretty much all Kodan talk about the concepts of balance and how to achieve it, and all of them consider the Dragons to be agents of corruption and they bring imbalance to the world, just like the Dredge or Chaars, so much that they oppose them...so whats the deal here? Are Kodan teachings wrong? The devs had forgotten of their own established lore?

>

> The dragons have to be stopped the only other way to keep the Tyria's magic from being destroyed is to have new dragons who won't kill everyone to replace the evil elder dragons cause yes they are evil, this way the magic they already have dose not destroy everything when its released.

yeah i am aware of that, the dragons devour the magic of the world when they are active and they go back to slumber once they completed their goal, you can say that they bring balance to the world of Tyria thorough cycles of creation and destruction...but this whole thing go against what Koda have teached the Kodans, Dragons dont bring balance, they(according to Koda) are agents of imbalance, their are corruption not purification...if Dragons were to bring balance to Tyria, the Kodans would not oppose Jormag, most likelly they would join him, since their whole life goal is to keep the world at balance...so the question, is Koda wrong or the devs have totally forgot about it?

I somehow think we won't see a happy end for Tyria (or Thyria, which is the planet's correct name)...

I think someone or something messes it up and the last dragon will be killed. Then the world will explode and ArenaNet announce a new game.

Okay, fun aside! I do think that "this won't end well" for Tyria even if we have Aurene. I doubt she'll be as strong enough to channel all of the powers.

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> I somehow think we won't see a happy end for Tyria (or Thyria, which is the planet's correct name)...

> I think someone or something messes it up and the last dragon will be killed. Then the world will explode and ArenaNet announce a new game.

> Okay, fun aside! I do think that "this won't end well" for Tyria even if we have Aurene. I doubt she'll be as strong enough to channel all of the powers.

It doesn't have to be all about Aurene only. Yes, she will most likely play an important role, but she doesn't have to be the only 'storage' of magic after all dragons will be killed. Maybe, during our storyline, we'll search for an ancient artifact, or create one using an ancient ritual, an artifact capable of storing huge amounts of magic, something like a Bloodstone. The magic from defeated dragons will be then split between Aurene and this artifact (or more artifacts), and the Aurene will guard it, becoming a Keeper of Magic.

There are countless possible solutions if you think about it, and take into consideration that there might still be something very important that we don't know about...

> @"Avador.8934" said:

> It's all about imagination. There's always a way to go... I for example imagined that it would be cool if we, after this Elder dragon thing is done, went on a mission to explore some of these far and unknown continents, perhaps build a colony for all 5 main races or discover a new intelligent civilization, and plenty of new challenges. It makes sense since Elder dragons partially prevent free movement to some places (and if Bubbles is defeated, the ocean would suddenly be free for ordinary ships to sail).

Another continent wouldn't matter as if one more Elder Dragon was destroyed with out a replacement handy the world itself would go boom. The Races would have to flee into the mists if that is even possible. Would have to move the races before the ED dies and the one's who do the deed may not be so lucky to make it into the mists alive. Its reason why they decided to place Primy and Jormag back to sleep.

> @"starhunter.6015" said:

> > @"Avador.8934" said:

> > It's all about imagination. There's always a way to go... I for example imagined that it would be cool if we, after this Elder dragon thing is done, went on a mission to explore some of these far and unknown continents, perhaps build a colony for all 5 main races or discover a new intelligent civilization, and plenty of new challenges. It makes sense since Elder dragons partially prevent free movement to some places (and if Bubbles is defeated, the ocean would suddenly be free for ordinary ships to sail).

>

> Another continent wouldn't matter as if one more Elder Dragon was destroyed with out a replacement handy the world itself would go boom. The Races would have to flee into the mists if that is even possible. Would have to move the races before the ED dies and the one's who do the deed may not be so lucky to make it into the mists alive. Its reason why they decided to place Primy and Jormag back to sleep.

>

But if you haven't noticed, I talked about the possible future in which the dragons would be defeated (being put back into sleep by an external force is also a temporary defeat) and Tyria would not go boom.