What benefits does PoF expansion provide for someone who wants to start a new character?

So I already have HoT, and came back to the game from a 2+ year long hiatus, but I've never really even dabbled into the HoT zones (except to get my glider) with my level 80 Ranger. Part of the reason why I stopped with that area was due to the fact that it was just too hard for me, especially running solo.

So I'm considering starting up a new hero, because I am getting a little tired of the non-elite specced playstyle of the Ranger, and I just want to know what kinds of perks come with PoF that would benefit a low-level hero, or at least someone like myself who may not enter the PoF zones just yet. Or do you guys not recommend this course of action and suggest that I use my level 80 booster to just get to the point where I can actually enjoy the exclusive expansion content, if it is indeed tucked away for level 80+ characters?

As you might guess, I'm still figuring out how to tackle my next forray into GW2. I have been in the past been a solo player, but I am hoping to change that without requiring me to give so much time to the game due to other obligations - is that even possible? There are a lot of things I am new to the game even though, like I said, I have a level 80 Ranger - but all of that was going solo so I know that I'm missing quite a bit of content. Anyway I digress, and thanks for listening!

PoF provides:

-Mounts(duh) which make leveling/exploring a lot less boring/easier

-Access to the best ranger solo elite spec(soulbeast)

-New armor/weapon stat combination and new elite specs

-New skins and achievements

-PoF maps which lack huge meta events, but aren't such hell to navigate and with less annoying enemies

Mounts are the big selling point and they alone justify having the expansion.

You gotta unlock the first mount (Raptor) with a lvl80 character during the 1st story mission in PoF, it takes about 10 minutes. Then you can go back to your new characters and use the Raptor on them. Unlocking the other mounts and their masteries takes more time/exploring.

I'm replaying HoT and the springer and griffon make it way easier to get around the HoT maps (gotta land to use updrafts, which is fine I guess). The raptor is great on central tyria maps, but not so useful in the jungle.

The griffon is a long collection to get, but the springer can be acquired on the 2nd of 5 PoF maps.

LW3 has more to offer though, with easy to acquire selectable stat ascended trinkets. Probably the best addition in years, and LW3 tells the backstory for PoF.