2 Characters are stuck at Hoelbrak map loading screen

Hi I am playing on Desolation server EU and everything is fine and was able to log to all the zones until I started doing the Living world season 3 episode 3 story quest and when i went into Hoelbrak zone my character got stuck. Then i logged my alt everything is loading fine and was changing zones and I said let me zone in Hoelbrak and my alt is now stuck there as well. So now I have two characters stuck there and cant login on either of them except my third alt. I opened a ticket still no response I dont want to wait couple of days without playing the game because I know they will take forever to replay and fix the issue any suggestions. I tried repairing and reinstalling the game same issue still stuck.

Use a VPN, or you can attempt to guest to the popular servers, but I doubt Hoelbrak is populated enough to have multiple instances available. Each map instance is basically on a different IP and this is what happens when something is preventing you from connecting to it.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> Guesting on another server doesn't do anything about which PvE map instance you land in. The only way it could influence it is that, by leaving the map, you might return to a different instance when you log in again.

Megaservers don't work like you'd expect them to; they don't simply fill a map and repeat. They try to prioritize friends playing together, so the megaservers try to group people based on their world, guild and friends, but this logic only applies once the population reaches a certain level. When it does apply, it seems to work like WvW, where instead of pooling all servers together, only specific servers are grouped and each of these groups have their own chain of overflows. This logic is one of the reasons why some people claim the maps are always populated, while others claim they're dead; they do actually prioritize people to empty maps even though there are partially filled ones. I used to guest all the time to get around these problems.

For a sample, right now I can hop between *.65, *.57 and *.75 in LA by switching between FA, BG and JQ. Note that your position in the map is saved for ~10 seconds, so you have to wait to switch, and you can use -maploadinfo to quickly know the IP.