Any Useful SB Condi Builds? (+Feedback)

mistsim.2748

Has anyone had any success with condi builds? Here are my observations.

- same issues as before mostly. Traps are garbage, and condis are difficult to apply with mh axe, oh dagger, SB, and even torch to an extent. anything with a thrown projectile is generally blocked, evaded, or instantly cleansed. Shortbow is a fun skirmishing weapon with LoYF, but it just doesn't do enough condi damage. Running around the point just spamming traps and bonfire is ok for lower tier play, but generally it's bad. Scourges and DH do it better anyway.

- I tried traps with Trapper Runes but...it's just so difficult to survive if you're focused down. **traps must have other perks**, like stunbreaks and boons, otherwise they will forever remain useless. But we've been saying this for way too long.

- MH Dagger should be good once it's buffed, and I do enjoy its overall design. but at the moment, I'm eating way too much damage trying to use it. casting #3 makes you eat so much damage due to animation time and lack of evade. the cast time on Primal Cry is also bananas. like, who thought this was ok for an ability that just gives you 3 pbaoe bleeds? it should give like 9 with such a stupid cast time.

- Rabid amulet is not really viable due to the low health pool. I've had some better success with Carrion. What amulets are you guys using?

- Iboga is nice I guess, and I enjoy the Devourer for the extra evade. But trying to use a second pet during actual combat is futile. You cant use the second pet reactively...you pretty much have to stay in Beastmode with whatever pet you choose. Dancing in and out of Beastmode is terribly unrewarding and often pointless.

- I've had some success bunkering with evasion-heavy builds using the Devourer, but the damage is just crap and other professions' damage output due to power creep is just disgusting. Bunkering against Scourges is just silly anyway. Druid > SB for bunkering anyway.

Overall I feel the condi Soulbeast (or condi core ranger for that matter) just isn't viable due to its paltry damage output. I tried s/t + a/d, a/t/sb, and d/t + sb. I've enjoyed d/t/sb the most, but taking the Skirmishing line just cripples my survivability. You either get condi cleanse, or prot, but not both. if I go nm/wm/sb, then it's just not enough damage.

this is what I've settled on in mid-plat:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4fjEqQLLWuCerAVLWcEsmFQsqDwEAmcVu8jbz95ey40aL-jZRAABA8AAC4gA4xVAgsyArv/AA

edit: moved further discussion of this build to its own thread.

here, after much frustration this has been working out well in mid-plat. very slippery, lots of cc and damage. polar bear was key for Defy Pain and Prelude Lash. Eternal Bond to utterly frustrate people. with the current pet swapping mechanics, you just have to plan ahead - will you need CC + defy pain, or extra damage for the engagement?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4fjEqQLLWuCerAVLWcEsmFQsqDwEAmcVu8jbz95ey40aL-jZRAABA8AAC4gA4xVAgsyArv/AA

great against scourge and spellbreaker as well.

> @mistsim.2748 said:

> here, after much frustration this has been working out well in mid-plat. very slippery, lots of cc and damage. polar bear was key for Defy Pain and Prelude Lash. Eternal Bond to utterly frustrate people. with the current pet swapping mechanics, you just have to plan ahead - will you need CC + defy pain, or extra damage for the engagement?

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4fjEqQLLWuCurAVLWcEMmAwkrylfcTuP3mFQsqDcCtjbL-jZRAABA8AAIrMgHXBgAOIArv/AA

>

> great against scourge and spellbreaker as well.

Nice build really, didn't think about trapper runes thx

> @mistsim.2748 said:

> Has anyone had any success with condi builds? Here are my observations.

> - same issues as before mostly. Traps are garbage, and condis are difficult to apply with mh axe, oh dagger, SB, and even torch to an extent. anything with a thrown projectile is generally blocked, evaded, or instantly cleansed. Shortbow is a fun skirmishing weapon with LoYF, but it just doesn't do enough condi damage.

Yea let me stop you right there lmao. I won't reveal my build since it could potential alter the entire PVP landscape, but I can assure you you're completely wrong. I think most rangers here lack creativity as well as experience. As you can see in the attached video https://youtube.com/watch?v=hSufj6Uo5Og, SB condi in the right hands is quite literally unstoppable. I solo'd all the way to mid plat and I project myself ending up somewhere in legend within the next two weeks. Maybe you should catch my next livestream and take some notes if you're still having trouble. And before you question the viability, let it be known that I've never lost a single wager duel in my entire GW2 career. 382, undefeated. I even toppled a 2x world champion. Experimentation has always been the true meta.

www.twitch.tv/shadowthelegendmyth

> @shadowthejedi.3089 said:

> > @mistsim.2748 said:

> > Has anyone had any success with condi builds? Here are my observations.

> > - same issues as before mostly. Traps are garbage, and condis are difficult to apply with mh axe, oh dagger, SB, and even torch to an extent. anything with a thrown projectile is generally blocked, evaded, or instantly cleansed. Shortbow is a fun skirmishing weapon with LoYF, but it just doesn't do enough condi damage.

>

> Yea let me stop you right there lmao. I won't reveal my build since it could potential alter the entire PVP landscape, but I can assure you you're completely wrong. I think most rangers here lack creativity as well as experience. As you can see in the attached video https://youtube.com/watch?v=hSufj6Uo5Og, SB condi in the right hands is quite literally unstoppable. I solo'd all the way to mid plat and I project myself ending up somewhere in legend within the next two weeks. Maybe you should catch my next livestream and take some notes if you're still having trouble. And before you question the viability, let it be known that I've never lost a single wager duel in my entire GW2 career. 382, undefeated. I even toppled a 2x world champion. Experimentation has always been the true meta.

>

> www.twitch.tv/shadowthelegendmyth

>

>

I think what the OP meant is SB = SOULBEAST not SB = Shortbow. Haha.

Your music on your vids get me all the time haha

Druid Celestial Shadow, Stun break + heals is the big difference, you wont replicate the same results on Soulbeats

• 2 weeks later...

> @shadowthejedi.3089 said:

> > @mistsim.2748 said:

> > Has anyone had any success with condi builds? Here are my observations.

> > - same issues as before mostly. Traps are garbage, and condis are difficult to apply with mh axe, oh dagger, SB, and even torch to an extent. anything with a thrown projectile is generally blocked, evaded, or instantly cleansed. Shortbow is a fun skirmishing weapon with LoYF, but it just doesn't do enough condi damage.

>

> Yea let me stop you right there lmao. I won't reveal my build since it could potential alter the entire PVP landscape, but I can assure you you're completely wrong. I think most rangers here lack creativity as well as experience. As you can see in the attached video https://youtube.com/watch?v=hSufj6Uo5Og, SB condi in the right hands is quite literally unstoppable. I solo'd all the way to mid plat and I project myself ending up somewhere in legend within the next two weeks. Maybe you should catch my next livestream and take some notes if you're still having trouble. And before you question the viability, let it be known that I've never lost a single wager duel in my entire GW2 career. 382, undefeated. I even toppled a 2x world champion. Experimentation has always been the true meta.

>

> www.twitch.tv/shadowthelegendmyth

>

>

Aw, I just talked to you in game. That was sure pleasant.

1314 with a rank of 1314 isn't plat.

Duels aren't PvP.

Not sharing builds means you don't think you're good enough to best other people running your build.

People get insecure about their builds cause they wanna be the best and are afraid of nerfs and shit. Well after all this time, I think we can say Anet just kinda nerfs/buffs haphazardly so it doesn't matter if your secrets get revealed. But I get it, I used to be the same way.

A lot more good comes from just sharing your build. Most players don't have the same playstyle so a lot of Rangers won't pull it off the same as you anyway. I know you're insecure about how "good" you are, I get it. This is evident by claiming you're an amazing dueler. Just share your build if you're good people will see you play/see your theorycrafting and no you're good.