Let's discuss Elementalist class balance in GW2 (WVW)

DarkSork.8637

> @"Walhalla.5473" said:

> > @"DarkSork.8637" said:

>

> > 2. Not enough damage overall per class, some weaver skills are useless and make him feel greatly underpowered, not to mention that when you use dual attunements you need to always remember which attunements pair you have enabled right now and how to get skill x from pair attunements.

>

> So over 40k DPS on a big hitbox is apparently not enough damage? Weaver has one of the highest dmaage potential of all classes and its not enough? Not sure if Troll or trying to make Power Reapers feel like kitten.

There are some weaver builds which are not full berserker, so 40k in a big golem really says nothing when it is related to wvw.

I have played Sw/d weaver in almost full marshal, survival is good but i feel that i need damage, not necesarilly power damage but conditions could be buffed too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mean time I'm trying to do a very cheap build to use in all game modes with weaver:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFUQJAsYncMAdOgF5C+4CM5iFWArIJm/qA3b5w8YmIBcACAA-j1iEQBAwsEpUCGATNDb/hioUTIKLEwBEoBnIAVo+jBfAAbQPBpAGVrF-w

Pro: superb direct damage, superb crit chance, superb crit damage, good amount of vitality and toughness, decent amount of heal/sustain because of water.

Cons: Weak condi damage. A mistake in rotation may force you to run.

Wvw: Bolstered Elements trait (weaver) for stability.

Pve: Weaver's Prowess trait (weaver) for increased condition damage and duration.

- All items are quite cheap, I think less than 50 gold. Food and utility is cheap.

- For magic wind you need luck, it will passively increase your rare items drop chance.

- This build was inspired by other builds like Cellofag S/D for example.

- It's scalable to Ascended as long as you have at least 16k hp, 50% crit chance and 200% crit damage.

P.S. Playing ele in wvw will still be hard as hell but optimizing builds is the only thing we can do right now.

Is not high skill level it's your skills are very telegraphed lol. Mirage can cluster blob you. At best you won't die but you can never burst a real opponent. Trash don't count cause when I have a day off, I logged on and face roll and win 1v3 or 1v4 very bad players or people who are playing from outside North America. I actual let say top vet players can easily defeat Weaver in time. Or when you fight 1v2 you can get reckt easily vs certain profs. Lack of resistance means you dead. Focus has inv but that's all it have and a weak daze. Sword/Dagger is a fun at roaming but its not safe vs havoc teams or team with scourage or pair mirages or hybrid mriages with cc. Or vs dual thieves with cc sowrd spamming. Thief running riffle alone is not enough for now but very close. They can run from you so they win long term by annoying you and you can't catch them. The main issue is most profs can out run you or escape and Weaver damage in wvw/pvp is pitufl cause your opponent is not a non moving lag Hit box. Well sometimes they are but they have so much boons and regen they can tank you till the can comes home. Give weaver more different condi types like posion or torrment or perplexity. Give us a decent cloak combo with out need to be semi underwater. Sword 2 skills have to hit harder condi or power. Give us back arcane fury.

Elite skill is also a sad useless kitten please kill it with fire and Fornite perk re-roll it haha.