idea for daily events in low level zones

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > My idea for fixing the problems of high levels killing too fast in low level maps is

> > 1) change the event dailies from map specific to zone specific. Let people chose what map they want to play on in a group of maps instead of herding everyone into one map. This lessens the numbers on any one map and, if given a choice, most high levels will go to a higher level map

>

> I'm not so sure about that. I would expect high-level players to continue to populate low maps for dailies because it would get them completed faster (and with minimal effort). I your idea, but am skeptical about how it would actually play out.

>

>

>

What I’m advocating for is a return to the system we used to have where event dailies were by region, not by map. When they were by region you didn’t see the hordes of players on one map because they were spread out among many maps. It wasn’t until the event dailies became map specific that complaints about large numbers of level 80s overpowering event mobs appeared.

My personal opinion is that ANet changed to map specific dailies because back then the population was dropping and they wanted the daily maps to be more populated. However I don’t think this is the case now and in addition, putting everyone on the same map causes problems with too many people on poorly scaling events.

> @"Bollocks.4078" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > > One would be for people to just be considerate of others (probably a pretty unrealistic pipe dream). The other would be to put a cap on mount damage on starter maps. That would also be a pretty annoying nerf for a lot of people.

> >

> > The first works much better than you might imagine, if you ask people in /y, I find. You are right, though, it doesn't solve the problem.

> >

> > The issue wouldn't be a cap on mount damage, BTW, but rather, fixing the scaling to ensure they generated a more appropriate level compared to the strength of the monsters -- so that it would be roughly as effective in a level 1 area as it is in a level 80 area.

>

> It really depends on the individuals. There will always be people who don't have to be asked, people who will play nice when asked and people who will just keep nuking mobs with mounts with no regard for anyone else.

>

> If by scaling you mean the normal down-scaling of higher level chars to match the current map level then that won't work. Low level chars using mounts can make things difficult and frustrating for people not using mounts. That scaling won't affect a low level char doing content in an area of the same level as the char.

Well, by "scaling" I mean that mounts, currently, scale down far less than players do: their remaining damage is in the ~ 1.5k per hit range, which is higher than player skills other than extremely long cooldown options, or "hit many times" options.

So... I don't think it is correct to say it won't work, or at least, that we have no specific evidence that mounts would be any worse than regular players, if that scaling was adjusted so they delivered damage more in line with what players do.

> @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > > > One would be for people to just be considerate of others (probably a pretty unrealistic pipe dream). The other would be to put a cap on mount damage on starter maps. That would also be a pretty annoying nerf for a lot of people.

> > >

> > > The first works much better than you might imagine, if you ask people in /y, I find. You are right, though, it doesn't solve the problem.

> > >

> > > The issue wouldn't be a cap on mount damage, BTW, but rather, fixing the scaling to ensure they generated a more appropriate level compared to the strength of the monsters -- so that it would be roughly as effective in a level 1 area as it is in a level 80 area.

> >

> > It really depends on the individuals. There will always be people who don't have to be asked, people who will play nice when asked and people who will just keep nuking mobs with mounts with no regard for anyone else.

> >

> > If by scaling you mean the normal down-scaling of higher level chars to match the current map level then that won't work. Low level chars using mounts can make things difficult and frustrating for people not using mounts. That scaling won't affect a low level char doing content in an area of the same level as the char.

>

> Well, by "scaling" I mean that mounts, currently, scale down far less than players do: their remaining damage is in the ~ 1.5k per hit range, which is higher than player skills other than extremely long cooldown options, or "hit many times" options.

>

> So... I don't think it is correct to say it won't work, or at least, that we have no specific evidence that mounts would be any worse than regular players, if that scaling was adjusted so they delivered damage more in line with what players do.

my raptor was hitting for 2k around average in Plains of ashford the other day, thankfully there was no on else at the event, but still...

> @"Bollocks.4078" said:

> This doesn't only apply to high level chars in starter maps. A low level char can wipe out low level mobs with a mount. OP's idea would just create other problems. I think there are only 2 possible solutions. One would be for people to just be considerate of others (probably a pretty unrealistic pipe dream). The other would be to put a cap on mount damage on starter maps. That would also be a pretty annoying nerf for a lot of people.

Yes pretty much a pipe dream. And as far as the cap on the mount damage that won't happen either, people would quit and Anet would lose a dollar.

I went to Gendarren Fields a couple days ago with a level 28 I hadn't played for a while. The quest was kill Centaurs, destroy weapon racks, free people etc.

I got 2 hits on the first rack and here came super woman on a lizard ans finished it with one hit. Right after that came 2 more High levels on mounts.

I just stood there and watched, it was like a circus. I logged out, wasn't worth staying there.

I think with the mounts Anet decided to cater to the high levels and the heck with the low levels so hopefully they would get mounts too. I had my 2 boosts

and deleted them. I wanted to play the way I thought the game should be played, leveling the normal way, yeah right.

Like I posted before make a server where there are no boosts and people like me can play the game the way it should be played. The only way to get to

80 is 100% map completion but we know that won't happen.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > > > > One would be for people to just be considerate of others (probably a pretty unrealistic pipe dream). The other would be to put a cap on mount damage on starter maps. That would also be a pretty annoying nerf for a lot of people.

> > > >

> > > > The first works much better than you might imagine, if you ask people in /y, I find. You are right, though, it doesn't solve the problem.

> > > >

> > > > The issue wouldn't be a cap on mount damage, BTW, but rather, fixing the scaling to ensure they generated a more appropriate level compared to the strength of the monsters -- so that it would be roughly as effective in a level 1 area as it is in a level 80 area.

> > >

> > > It really depends on the individuals. There will always be people who don't have to be asked, people who will play nice when asked and people who will just keep nuking mobs with mounts with no regard for anyone else.

> > >

> > > If by scaling you mean the normal down-scaling of higher level chars to match the current map level then that won't work. Low level chars using mounts can make things difficult and frustrating for people not using mounts. That scaling won't affect a low level char doing content in an area of the same level as the char.

> >

> > Well, by "scaling" I mean that mounts, currently, scale down far less than players do: their remaining damage is in the ~ 1.5k per hit range, which is higher than player skills other than extremely long cooldown options, or "hit many times" options.

> >

> > So... I don't think it is correct to say it won't work, or at least, that we have no specific evidence that mounts would be any worse than regular players, if that scaling was adjusted so they delivered damage more in line with what players do.

>

> my raptor was hitting for 2k around average in Plains of ashford the other day, thankfully there was no on else at the event, but still...

I am leveling up a char, currently level 36. A level 30ish char on a mount in a starter map demolishes mobs with the dismount skill. It’s way overpowered for those maps.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > > > > @"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:

> > > > > > @"kitten.4078" said:

> > > > > > One would be for people to just be considerate of others (probably a pretty unrealistic pipe dream). The other would be to put a cap on mount damage on starter maps. That would also be a pretty annoying nerf for a lot of people.

> > > > >

> > > > > The first works much better than you might imagine, if you ask people in /y, I find. You are right, though, it doesn't solve the problem.

> > > > >

> > > > > The issue wouldn't be a cap on mount damage, BTW, but rather, fixing the scaling to ensure they generated a more appropriate level compared to the strength of the monsters -- so that it would be roughly as effective in a level 1 area as it is in a level 80 area.

> > > >

> > > > It really depends on the individuals. There will always be people who don't have to be asked, people who will play nice when asked and people who will just keep nuking mobs with mounts with no regard for anyone else.

> > > >

> > > > If by scaling you mean the normal down-scaling of higher level chars to match the current map level then that won't work. Low level chars using mounts can make things difficult and frustrating for people not using mounts. That scaling won't affect a low level char doing content in an area of the same level as the char.

> > >

> > > Well, by "scaling" I mean that mounts, currently, scale down far less than players do: their remaining damage is in the ~ 1.5k per hit range, which is higher than player skills other than extremely long cooldown options, or "hit many times" options.

> > >

> > > So... I don't think it is correct to say it won't work, or at least, that we have no specific evidence that mounts would be any worse than regular players, if that scaling was adjusted so they delivered damage more in line with what players do.

> >

> > my raptor was hitting for 2k around average in Plains of ashford the other day, thankfully there was no on else at the event, but still...

>

> I am leveling up a char, currently level 36. A level 30ish char on a mount in a starter map demolishes mobs with the dismount skill. It’s way overpowered for those maps.

Oh, i agree, i was just stating how much my raptor was hitting for. 2k is the health of some veteran mobs out in those zones!

I believe that until a working solution is developed for daily events in low level areas, the first thing that could help is respect.

If "stronger" players would take care to:

- Use only their least damaging skill.

- Slow down on AOEs.

- Forget about using turrets and traps.

- Don't use mounts.

- After having killed several foes, stop and let it be for others.

- Wait at event location instead of standing at spawning zone of the foes ahead of it (thus preventing that foes ever reach the real event location).

All that would certainly help a lot.

Beside, one thing that many players have not understood in low level areas, is that those have a big amount of events, everywhere, repeating fairly often. So, especially because events finish so fast due to the easy killing, it works by far better to dispatch all over the map, and stay within the zone we are in, waiting for events of the zone to repeat, than trying to respond to map chat calls, what is a high probability to fail reaching any events before the end of it (not to forget that if all players go to same call, the event is over within seconds).

Maybe I am too naive, but me, personally, I take care of all of that above. I mean, we are there for a short time in order to rapidly do a few events: Why not take it easy and think about others? As long as we get the even validated, we don't really care how many kills we do right? That's why I do not understand well where is the fun (or any feeling of pride) when I see stronger players wiping out a full event, letting no chance for others to get a kill done. But well, I am very old school, that's true. :3

> @"flog.3485" said:

> Wouldn’t it possible to just lock the use of the mount engage skill to lvl 80 maps only ?

It probably would but a third to a half of the mounted population would likely leave. Although that might be a good thing :)

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> I believe that until a working solution is developed for daily events in low level areas, the first thing that could help is respect.

> If "stronger" players would take care to:

> - Use only their least damaging skill.

> - Slow down on AOEs.

> - Forget about using turrets and traps.

> - Don't use mounts.

> - After having killed several foes, stop and let it be for others.

> - Wait at event location instead of standing at spawning zone of the foes ahead of it (thus preventing that foes ever reach the real event location).

> All that would certainly help a lot.

>

> Beside, one thing that many players have not understood in low level areas, is that those have a big amount of events, everywhere, repeating fairly often. So, especially because events finish so fast due to the easy killing, it works by far better to dispatch all over the map, and stay within the zone we are in, waiting for events of the zone to repeat, than trying to respond to map chat calls, what is a high probability to fail reaching any events before the end of it (not to forget that if all players go to same call, the event is over within seconds).

>

> Maybe I am too naive, but me, personally, I take care of all of that above. I mean, we are there for a short time in order to rapidly do a few events: Why not take it easy and think about others? As long as we get the even validated, we don't really care how many kills we do right? That's why I do not understand well where is the fun (or any feeling of pride) when I see stronger players wiping out a full event, letting no chance for others to get a kill done. But well, I am very old school, that's true. :3

Respect would be a great help but don't hold your breath waiting for it. I like "Don't use mounts" but we know that will never happen. And with all the new

players coming in and the 30% off sale it will only get worse. Time for a break I think and hopefully some of your suggestions will be implemented.

Just one more point to note:

I have seen L80 players (most likely meta zerk) come in and (repeatedly) mass-wipe event mobs in newbie maps, before and during pof, so nerfing mount damage isn't a complete longterm fix. Best is a full divorce.

As for removing mount skills in newbie areas... The issue is inconsiderate ppl during event dailies, so could we have a targeted fix, and not remove our qol thanks. I want to be able to mount-pull/stun during non-dailies when no one is around, thank you very much