No more elite specs

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > I would love if instead of getting new elite specs, for future expansions, we would instead get just a new set of utilities, a trait bar, and a weapon usable on all specs.

>

> So you don't want an elite spec but you also want an elite spec?

Elite specs add a new mechanic which inevitably leads to power creep. Adding a new trait bar/weapon/utility set that is usable on all specs would not be an elite spec.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Trinnitty.8256" said:

> > I often thought what they could have done instead of elite specs it create new classes. I think it would have been less of a headache to balance.

>

> But isn't that kinda what the elite specs do?

You do realize that a wholly new class would have a -lot- more needing balanced and tweaked? weapon skills, utility skills, traits and any special class abilities.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Trinnitty.8256" said:

> > > I often thought what they could have done instead of elite specs it create new classes. I think it would have been less of a headache to balance.

> >

> > But isn't that kinda what the elite specs do?

>

> You do realize that a wholly new class would have a -lot- more needing balanced and tweaked? weapon skills, utility skills, traits and any special class abilities.

Exactly. My point was that elite specs take the place of the devs creating entire new classes and going through all of that balance stuff.