Any helpful PvE Mirage builds?

Pachimari.2510

I'm seeing Phantasmal Fury in this thread a lot and even used with Pistol Condi builds. Isn't Duelist's Discipline better? Specially when you have iMage to spread fury to your iDuelists, Bleed output from it is so good and you can interrupt a lot of normal mobs with Magic Bullet for more Pistol skills? Or am I missing something? If you use Power Pistol or Off sword yeah Phantasmal Fury is better in those cases.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> I'm seeing Phantasmal Fury in this thread a lot and even used with Pistol Condi builds. Isn't Duelist's Discipline better? Specially when you have iMage to spread fury to your iDuelists, Bleed output from it is so good and you can interrupt a lot of normal mobs with Magic Bullet for more Pistol skills? Or am I missing something? If you use Power Pistol or Off sword yeah Phantasmal Fury is better in those cases.

Phantasmal fury is basically a wash with duelists discipline. The difference is that fury works with all phantasms, so if you only swap on pistol for bosses, it's easier to just leave it.

So, I'm just trying to make the most out of the build I want to play here. I want a very axe-centric build, and prefer pistol for OH, unless someone can convince me how stupid that is. I'd just like some advice on the best way to gear for that, what's the best armor stats (including the new options), what's the best rune set (Krait maybe?), what's the best Sigils to focus on, etc. I have some stat-selectable armor lying around, but I want to pick the right ones.

Open World, Fractal, Dungeon, Raid?

Open World: Anything goes, Axe/Pistol works fine and as long as you have Condi Damage as a primary stat you'll kill things decently fast.

Fractals: I wouldn't bring them here, especially for higher levels as you are really squishy. For lower levels see open world.

Dungeons: If you really wanted to, run raid condi mesmer with Axe instead of Scepter. It has the advantage of forcing you melee for buff zones. Remember that your one utility slot is meant for just that.

Raids: Don't. Just don't. Not yet, at least.

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> Open World, Fractal, Dungeon, Raid?

>

> Open World: Anything goes, Axe/Pistol works fine and as long as you have Condi Damage as a primary stat you'll kill things decently fast.

> Fractals: I wouldn't bring them here, especially for higher levels as you are really squishy. For lower levels see open world.

> Dungeons: If you really wanted to, run raid condi mesmer with Axe instead of Scepter. It has the advantage of forcing you melee for buff zones. Remember that your one utility slot is meant for just that.

> Raids: Don't. Just don't. Not yet, at least.

Open world, for the most part. I get that "anything goes," but there are better options than others, right? I mean, right now I'm running the same gear I had on my Chrono (which was fairly unoptimized mostly power-based stuff). Sure, I can slap anything on there and still do about as well as I am now, but if I'm going to invest in a change then I'd like it to put me in the best possible place, the fastest and safest kills within the concept that I'll be axeing things to death. ;) I was just wondering whether Viper stats would be best, or maybe Grieving, or Sinister, or something else? Is condi damage or condi duration the most important factor? And which are the most effective Runes to throw on there?

Fastest and safest are two vastly different ideas.

Vipers is the "meta choice" until Condition Damage + Precision/Expertise or Precision + Condition Damage/Expertise become choices. It's also the best in slot for your purposes, if you don't care about defense.

Long Explanation:

Griever and Sinister will both work for open world as there is no requirement (you can tackle open world in all Sentinels or Harrier if you want to). I wouldn't recommend it since a condition setup will want 3 stats (if you can't guess it by now, you might have trouble understanding stats).

The reason why Expertise is so important is because it's the only multiplier for Condition Damage, although Mesmers also benefit heavily from Critical Chance.

Runes can be what you want, as flexibility has opened slightly since the food update, but strong options are 4Nightmare2Trapper, Berserker, and Renegade. Ideally, you'd want Renegade runes, but the other options can fit based on how you play and what you aim for.

If you're aiming for 100% Condition Duration, you'll be required to run 2 of: Signet of Midnight, Dune Cloak, Chaos Line (Chaotic Persistence), 4Trapper2Nightmare.

For open world, it's not required to reach 100% Condition Duration (see: there are no requirements).

If you run full Viper, you will go down, but you'll also come right back up because your downed state doesn't hamper your damage output by a lot, and you have more damage downed as Condi than Power.

There is nothing better than what works for you. However, in group content you exist for what you bring to the group, so what works for you must also align with what the group wants. Open world is not group content.

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> Fastest and safest are two vastly different ideas.

>

> Vipers is the "meta choice" until Condition Damage + Precision/Expertise or Precision + Condition Damage/Expertise become choices. It's also the best in slot for your purposes, if you don't care about defense.

>

> Long Explanation:

>

Griever and Sinister will both work for open world as there is no requirement (you can tackle open world in all Sentinels or Harrier if you want to). I wouldn't recommend it since a condition setup will want 3 stats (if you can't guess it by now, you might have trouble understanding stats).

>

> The reason why Expertise is so important is because it's the only multiplier for Condition Damage, although Mesmers also benefit heavily from Critical Chance.

> Runes can be what you want, as flexibility has opened slightly since the food update, but strong options are 4Nightmare2Trapper, Berserker, and Renegade. Ideally, you'd want Renegade runes, but the other options can fit based on how you play and what you aim for.

>

> If you're aiming for 100% Condition Duration, you'll be required to run 2 of: Signet of Midnight, Dune Cloak, Chaos Line (Chaotic Persistence), 4Trapper2Nightmare.

> For open world, it's not required to reach 100% Condition Duration (see: there are no requirements).

>

> If you run full Viper, you will go down, but you'll also come right back up because your downed state doesn't hamper your damage output by a lot, and you have more damage downed as Condi than Power.

>

> There is nothing better than what works for you. However, in group content you exist for what you bring to the group, so what works for you must also align with what the group wants. Open world is not group content.

Ok, I ask because my experience with classes in the past have been a bit frustrating. Like I have a Thief that was built for some balance between damage and survivability, and while it can be effective at things like Story content, I managed to beat every story mission in the game with relatively few deaths, fights seem to take much longer than people report as "right" for a Thief, my DPs is nowhere near where I'd like it to be, but at the same time I don't feel at all "tanky" because a few good hits can really floor me, and without Shadow Refuge to basically "reset" a losing fight I wouldn't get very far. With my Mirage, my current build seems reasonably fast and reasonably survivable, I was just trying to find something perhaps "better," but without needing to get overly technical on the controls or abandoning the Mirage combat style that I really enjoy. I don't need to be "meta for Raid" or anything, I just want to pump out the most available damage without getting defeated by every stray breeze. "Just, whatever" might be _functional,_ but it wouldn't be _as good as it could be._

I really wish that there were ways to "test out" different stat builds in practical PvE content situations, without having to commit to buying entire sets of armor and runes first. They should really just move to a system like PvP where you can just swap medallions around.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll look into those and figure out what the best combo for my purposes would be.

@Ohoni.6057 if you want a roaming open world build that has a lot of survivability and is serviceable in group content here's something I came up with. Note you should never cast Phantasms on this build as clones are better with this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAn/ansICNohVoB2LDMMjlVDrsDccCA+FwG4D0sEsc6JA-jxhHQBec/BCq8jeq/QO9CaUJIAOJA16BAAA-e

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> @Ohoni.6057 if you want a roaming open world build that has a lot of survivability and is serviceable in group content here's something I came up with. Note you should never cast Phantasms on this build as clones are better with this.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAn/ansICNohVoB2LDMMjlVDrsDccCA+FwG4D0sEsc6JA-jxhHQBec/BCq8jeq/QO9CaUJIAOJA16BAAA-e

>

>

>

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAn/ansICNohVoB2LDMMjlXDDNAkTeO+9vC4C0sDMcqJA-jxhHQBEU5HAOJAec/BNqEkeq/QO9C16BAAA-e

Would this be a viable shatter based build? for Axe/Torch, no idea what other weapon you would use. Would Illusionist's Clerity effect the axe 2?

Seems like it would add lots of confusion and torment, with lots of CD reduction. The utility skills are up for debate too.

More IH madness and fun. :D

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAnfWnsnBlphtpBGMDMMjlZjqMAutkxv+7//3cEWhWC-jByHABKfKFmXVnx13skyvd2fYOlgJqWAAPpgAAIAzsMLzZmMn5Mn5ZOzZOzZOz+uMn5Mn5Mn5Mn5Mn5YAqC-e

Rune of the Adventurer is great in pve where you have mounts (unlike wvw where the 25% movement speed is a lifesaver when solo). Together with mirror heal, DE and IH with a few extras it's extremely high evade uptime and 3 clone ambush.

A whole lot of fun when running around open world - definitely my favourite build right now. :)

Stats are personal preference - can go all viper, some viper some cele (due to small amount of might stacking with food, BD and staff ambush), some griever or whatever - as long as focusing on hybrid power/condi.

> @Exark.9642 said:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAn/ansICNohVoB2LDMMjlXDDNAkTeO+9vC4C0sDMcqJA-jxhHQBEU5HAOJAec/BNqEkeq/QO9C16BAAA-e

> Would this be a viable shatter based build? for Axe/Torch, no idea what other weapon you would use. Would Illusionist's Clerity effect the axe 2?

>

> Seems like it would add lots of confusion and torment, with lots of CD reduction. The utility skills are up for debate too.

If you're going for a Shatter-build, Self-Deception and Jaunt are an amazing combo for clone generation and damage.

There's a lot of good advice for min-maxing damage to hit your 34k DPS benchmark in this thread, so I'm not going to add in any more suggestions on that front.

I will drop something I've been having a blast with for open world though that I don't see recommended around here very often. Put a **[superior Sigil of Stamina](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Stamina "Superior Sigil of Stamina")** on your open world weapon sets and pick up the **[Deceptive Evasion](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deceptive_Evasion "Deceptive Evasion")** and **[infinite Horizon](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Horizon "Infinite Horizon")** traits. Doesn't matter if you're power or condi (though condi works better), it's a blast all around to deal with large numbers of mobs as you can essentially just spam dodge to stay near permanently invincible while spawning clones and firing off ambush skills together with them nonstop.

> @Doctoris.2675 said:

> There's a lot of good advice for min-maxing damage to hit your 34k DPS benchmark in this thread, so I'm not going to add in any more suggestions on that front.

>

> I will drop something I've been having a blast with for open world though that I don't see recommended around here very often. Put a **[superior Sigil of Stamina](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Stamina "Superior Sigil of Stamina")** on your open world weapon sets and pick up the **[Deceptive Evasion](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deceptive_Evasion "Deceptive Evasion")** and **[infinite Horizon](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Horizon "Infinite Horizon")** traits. Doesn't matter if you're power or condi (though condi works better), it's a blast all around to deal with large numbers of mobs as you can essentially just spam dodge to stay near permanently invincible while spawning clones and firing off ambush skills together with them nonstop.

lol I didn't even think of using sigil of stamina as well.

Might have to swap cleansing for this to run double energy/stamina sigils.

IH clone spam max endurance regen, max evade build is by far the most fun thing on mirage. :D

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsc8anELDFMj1LDmLDMMjlTDzfBGB3gllgVQCgMAsBWOA-jxRBQBUS9H8of4BnEAA8EAMjSwZu/wVU+tOYAYKlSwMzMTjMzMzMzEA-e

Power mirage for open world, should work fine enough for low level fractals.

Basically functions are daze/stun spam keeping dangerous enemies from taking any action while quickly stacking vulnerability which is nice with fragility and with the daze/stun chains gives you a 50% shatter damage boost along with crit damage bonus fencer's finesse and superiority complex things go "boom!". You can switch pistol out for whatever it's mostly there for the phantasm while mind wreck is on cooldown, I'd also consider ditching oasis for signet for champions for some extra healing. Heal and utilities basically either teleport, grant mirage cloak or both.

You end up leaping around like a lunatic stunning everything while generating ridiculous amounts of clones to fuel super powered mind wracks. Oh and when fighting normal mobs you have essentially have perma quickness if you time your interrupts decently thanks to furious interruption and firebrand runes

> @Doctoris.2675 said:

> There's a lot of good advice for min-maxing damage to hit your 34k DPS benchmark in this thread, so I'm not going to add in any more suggestions on that front.

>

> I will drop something I've been having a blast with for open world though that I don't see recommended around here very often. Put a **[superior Sigil of Stamina](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Stamina "Superior Sigil of Stamina")** on your open world weapon sets and pick up the **[Deceptive Evasion](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deceptive_Evasion "Deceptive Evasion")** and **[infinite Horizon](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Horizon "Infinite Horizon")** traits. Doesn't matter if you're power or condi (though condi works better), it's a blast all around to deal with large numbers of mobs as you can essentially just spam dodge to stay near permanently invincible while spawning clones and firing off ambush skills together with them nonstop.

Instead of Stamina you can also use **[superior Sigil of Energy](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Energy "Superior Sigil of Energy")**, With a axe in you main weapon set only and a pistol/torch in the offhand set, you can swap weapons and gain endurance like hell.

• 9 months later...

> @"Aorin.9168" said:

> I'm crushing stuff with this build

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaRnELDtph1LDGMDMMjlVDrcDMCCAobhzQVwfAmAfgA-jBTBAB4pL4hHAwNqTclSFKOCAdpkiSVCA4UAgjKKZpM4MlgpoFAA-e

>

> Idk how to benchmark dps or anything but I annihilate vets, elites and champs solo with it.

>

> Here's a shatter variation for general open world use

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaRnELDtph1LDGMDMMjlVDzfAmAfglbgRQAAd6UduOA-jBTBABP8AAA4UAQxRAAHVU6SJ1NqTgnugU0CcmSwsUGQpKBXpUBA-e

>

> The idea with this is to use mirage cloak as often as possible whether it be dodging or breaking Mirrors. With the shatter variation, the deception skills help to pump out clones continuously.

>

> With 3 clones, mirage cloak into mirage thrust, then mind wrack for a big'ol burst.

>

> I switched from a condi build that was working really well too. Completed the entire story thinking it was way too easy. No deaths on Eater, no deaths on Balth.

>

> Edit: runes arent avail on that site but I'm using spellbreaker runes. Power/precision/+7% damage to boonless foes

>

> 2nd edit: if you do an F4 shatter with 3 clones, you will get 3 mirrors, shatter them 1 at a time doing a mirage thrust after each :)

>

>

Thank you, Aorin! Was kinda lost but, tried that 1st Link...boy, it helped. Will look to the others, as well.

Still learning...Whelp. Just wanted ya to know.

Pretty sure I made that prior to the big phantasm/clone change.

I mostly use sword/sword now, with ether signet, phantasmal disenchanter, mantra of resolve and pain while using Jaunt for clone creation. Still shatter + mirror playstyle and still pretty fun.

I switched to a condi revenant a few weeks ago to change things up so the mes is getting a bit dusty.