100% GPU usage

> @"animegeek.5328" said:

> I have noticed recently that Guild Wars 2 has been having a high usage for the game. I think that there is something wrong with the games execution that is causing that.

Yes there is a lot wrong with the gw2 client currently, fps drops, crash to Desktop and stutters just to name a few. This is a result of poor engine optimization. I can suggest to set a fan curve through Msi afterburner so that your fan speeds run at 100 percent in order to cool off your gpu and lower its temperatures(because having gpu running at 100 all the time is not good for it at all and will drastically shorten its life span) other than that not much you can do.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Some people have reported a bug with AMD cards that cause 100% usage. This may or may not be what you’re seeing.

I don't use AMD. AMD crashes computers while playing this game. I use a Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix. I think the reason the game has such poor optimization is just due to the fact it is sitting in a near 40gb file. Instead of being loose files like a majority of games.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Some people have reported a bug with AMD cards that cause 100% usage. This may or may not be what you’re seeing.

>

> I don't use AMD. AMD crashes computers while playing this game. I use a Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix. I think the reason the game has such poor optimization is just due to the fact it is sitting in a near 40gb file. Instead of being loose files like a majority of games.

Using a single file is generally more efficient than multiple separate files. It is certainly no less efficient.

There is also no specific relationship between AMD - GPU or CPU - hardware and crashes, any more than there is between Intel or NVIDIA hardware.

> I found out what causes high gpu usage. Shadows at Medium+, Render Sampling past Native, Shaders at high. Those three options combined bring it from average of 40% to 100% GPU usage

Sounds like your rendering the game at a higher resolution than the display is hitting the bottleneck of GPU performance, then. Does the problem go away if you use native sampling?

it only decreases it. but the problem is the shadow, shader and the rendering sampling are what causes the huge spike in the GPU. The Rendering sampling causes some but having the other options at high besides the sampling being at native still brings it up to 70-100%.