New(ish) Rev- Is There Viability in a Glint/Mallyx Build? (Pve/WvW)

Verdis.8472

I finished HoT with Herald a while ago (then took a few months break) but still don't feel like i've really settled on how i want to use the class. I do really like the Herald vibe though and would enjoy a dps/support spec (without Centaur b/c i can't stand it). Right now i'm trying to figure out what synergises. I hate the lack of condi cleanse, whih makes me couple to couple up Glint with Mallyx, but i don't really know about the viability in this. I'd like to craft some ascended gear but need to know what i'm speccing into first.

There used to be a frontline Condi herald build for wvw that used trailblazer stats. Its not meta anymore although it might still be viable.

It was mostly used only during the melee push meta.

Herald is pretty good for open world too but for serious organized content in pve your gonna want renagade for kalla/ malyx

I toyed with glint/mallyx power and believe there is something there. Right now though it's competing with aoe removal and conversion which would rob the build of its +3% damage per condi. Also the ideal gear stat set doesn't exist for it, berserker/concentraition, which forces other items like +% boon runes/sigils which in turn cuts out more damage modifiers.

Tbh shiro just adds so much to power herald that it's hard to replace.

Riposting Shadows + Renewing Wave

Should generally clear a nasty stack of condi while also breaking stun, moving you out of aoe, granting evade, +25 endurance, minor heal and blast finisher.

Renegade Mallyx is better in PvE. You get Extra condition % damage for free. You can still run it if you like since most PvE content is simple enough but I am fairly sure Renegade condi does roughly 5~15% more DPS than Herald condi builds.

In WvW, Glint Mallyx probably isn't a good idea either. Hammer is considered Meta for Rev in WvW, and Mallyx provides almost nothing to that. The builds I see most often in WvW for Rev are:

Glint/Shiro Hammer ( Considered optimal / META -https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Hammer_Backline )

Jalis/Shiro Renegade Hammer

Kalla/Shiro Renegade Hammer

Kall/Mallyx Renegade Bow

The Herald "Power shiro" build ( Same build as the sPvP one ) Used for Roaming only.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> Renegade Mallyx is better in PvE. You get Extra condition % damage for free. You can still run it if you like since most PvE content is simple enough but I am fairly sure Renegade condi does roughly 5~15% more DPS than Herald condi builds.

>

> In WvW, Glint Mallyx probably isn't a good idea either. Hammer is considered Meta for Rev in WvW, and Mallyx provides almost nothing to that. The builds I see most often in WvW for Rev are:

> Glint/Shiro Hammer ( Considered optimal / META -https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Hammer_Backline )

> Jalis/Shiro Renegade Hammer

> Kalla/Shiro Renegade Hammer

> Kall/Mallyx Renegade Bow

> The Herald "Power shiro" build ( Same build as the sPvP one ) Used for Roaming only.

In the last Meta, Power Rev could run Mallyx for Resistance uptime and Condition leeching. And it was incredibly effective if you had enough in the zerg. The problem though was relying on an external synergy with Ele or Guard for condition removal. The big up shot with this set up is that it can mitigate the intensity of damage conditions across a group, condense them into large stack, and then either purge or try to copy them out. It wasn't a wide spread build because of "optimal team comp", but since Herald was just Boon Buffing anyway, Pain Absorption could be used at either the start or end of a push to amplify condition management of the other classes. You then swapped back into Herald to start pulsing boons again, once all the CC bombs are exhausted. This quickly fell off completely, because FireBrand is just insanely overstacked for managing conditions on a whole group, doing the job that used to be spread out between Guard and Ele (and the rare support druid).

It can still work, since the Legends are more utility in Backline Hammer builds. Its just not as effective, since FB are already carrying the whole group. The raise in Barrier Scourges also increased the number of Condi clearing ticks due to one of its traits. This leaves Revs and Eles nothing to do, other then just adding DPS to the comp. And as it stands right now, the one substantial Support contribution of a Herald is Fury.