New Players: Level, Boost Trial, Reverse and repeat! Try it!

Apologies if this is a repeat topic, but this is for any new players (and there are tons!) coming in like me - fresh faced, no idea what's going on, from likely another 'home" game.

The 80 boost token from purchasing an expansion is absolutely amazing, especially if you try it the way I have - start a new character, do a TRIAL only of that character so you can peek at how it looks at 80, but then reverse it and LEVEL. Then revisit a trial say... 10 levels later, and see how those skills will become your roadmap for how it's likely going to work at 80. **The veterans here have been absolutely on point here**, leveling your character is so much more helpful than a straight boost. I'm only a day in and already have two characters of different professions. The boost is always there, and lets me try how an 80 version feels, but its going to be overwhelming. But it gives you a great taste of what's to come.

Playing a fresh character teachers you the synergy of your skills and abilities, and how they actually play off each other and together in the grand scheme of combat. And there are ALWAYS helpful veterans around for guidance or even just to cheer you on. Grouping up for content is plentiful too. So use that boost token wisely and try out different classes to your heart's content before committing!

I've always thought the Boost is best for veteran players who already know what's going on and don't need to or want to grind through the leveling process.

That being said -- I also wish any leveling boosters where "+Level Boosters" instead of just "Level Boosters." I have several Level-20 Boosters and all of my characters are above level 20 so they are trash to me.

I don't think they should be sold on the Market, it would mean buying Level-80 Boosters for gems would drop to zero.

> @"Donutdude.9582" said:

> What an incredibly sensible way of using the L80 boost.

>

> I chose not to use it that way but I am a vet. of this game so I know how it all works. Nevertheless this is a spectacular idea for new players.

>

> If I could hit the "Helpful" button more than once, I would! Good job.

Agree completely!!!!

The way I used my first boost was on a class that was a pain to level the normal way (mesmer). My second was just on one I liked (ranger). My next ones will be on professions I created early on where I am now not at all happy with the build (like my guardian whose main task now is to 'guard' the crafting stations).

> @"Tangram.1805" said:

> Apologies if this is a repeat topic, but this is for any new players (and there are tons!) coming in like me - fresh faced, no idea what's going on, from likely another 'home" game.

>

> The 80 boost token from purchasing an expansion is absolutely amazing, especially if you try it the way I have - start a new character, do a TRIAL only of that character so you can peek at how it looks at 80, but then reverse it and LEVEL. Then revisit a trial say... 10 levels later, and see how those skills will become your roadmap for how it's likely going to work at 80. **The veterans here have been absolutely on point here**, leveling your character is so much more helpful than a straight boost. I'm only a day in and already have two characters of different professions. The boost is always there, and lets me try how an 80 version feels, but its going to be overwhelming. But it gives you a great taste of what's to come.

>

> Playing a fresh character teachers you the synergy of your skills and abilities, and how they actually play off each other and together in the grand scheme of combat. And there are ALWAYS helpful veterans around for guidance or even just to cheer you on. Grouping up for content is plentiful too. So use that boost token wisely and try out different classes to your heart's content before committing!

This is a great post OP!

One thing I wish, is that more people would make use of the PVP lobby for this as well. This way you can see the elite spec skills as well. You don't have to PVP as you can just smack the golems around but it does help make one's decision for many things at end game.