Divinity PvP gear

Hello,

I have a quick question. I used the level 80 boost for my thief and got a bunch of exotic gear.

Rawhide Bracers of Divinity (PvP)

Rawhide mask of Strength (PvP)

Guildwatch man chestguard of divinity (PvP)

Rawhide Leggings of Divinity (PvP)

Etc....

Is this stuff worth keeping? I do plan to get into PvP.

Thanks.

> @"nateedubs.8053" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > sPvP doesn't check your gear. look up a pvp guide because thief isn't easy in spvp

>

> What? I don't understand.

pvp uses a different build system from pve and wvw. in pvp stats are (mostly) decided by an amulet and a rune instead of your armor.

(pvp armor hasn't been a thing in a long while)

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"nateedubs.8053" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > sPvP doesn't check your gear. look up a pvp guide because thief isn't easy in spvp

> >

> > What? I don't understand.

>

> pvp uses a different build system from pve and wvw. in pvp stats are (mostly) decided by an amulet and a rune instead of your armor.

> (pvp armor hasn't been a thing in a long while)

How long is "a long while"? I have one character who has a big ol' pile of PvP gear, and I have no idea how she got it. I certainly haven't ever done any sPvP of any sort.

FWIW: the character was the one who used my free Boost-to-80 token from the release of HoT.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"nateedubs.8053" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > sPvP doesn't check your gear. look up a pvp guide because thief isn't easy in spvp

> > >

> > > What? I don't understand.

> >

> > pvp uses a different build system from pve and wvw. in pvp stats are (mostly) decided by an amulet and a rune instead of your armor.

> > (pvp armor hasn't been a thing in a long while)

>

> How long is "a long while"? I have one character who has a big ol' pile of PvP gear, and I have no idea how she got it.

Since April 2014. We used to get pvp gear from AP reward chests, so that could be why you had some.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" OK, thanks. That could be it. She's had this stuff clogging up her inventory for ages - enough gear with (PvP) at the end of the names to completely equip her, with a few spares. I *so* wish this game had a per-character storage bank as well as the account bank.

Back when we still had the pvp gear, we could at least take it to the pvp lobby and put them in the bank/storage thing there, which stored them for the character; when they got rid of the pvp gear, those skins were just applied to the account wardrobe. But yeah, sometimes I also wish for a secondary, character-based storage now.