[Video] Power Mirage outnumbered WvW Roaming -No Downstate Event

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

>

> That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

>

> - My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

> - I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

> - My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

> - Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

>

> Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

>

> Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

>

> Thanks for sharing!

>

The crazy reflection uptime on Mirage coupled with all of their normal tools for damage negation makes longbow/shortbow a poor choice. Well, to be fair, shortbow's a poor choice period. I once aa'd a mirage with longbow in a pvp match and they negated the damage with various tools for over 10 seconds. (To be fair they weren't attacking me at the time.)

Their kiting potential makes melee ranger a difficult choice, you have to be really good with a greatsword, an inherently sluggish weapon. Alternatively WH4+One Wolf Pack is a pretty potent option that'll put them on the defensive, and easier to land.

Honestly, I have better luck against mesmers on my thief and I'm not even that great at thief. Trying to fight them with a necro is just suicide.

I should learn to play a mirage at some point, perhaps I'd find some better tools to counter them.

~ Kovu

edit- video was fun to watch. =)

> @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

> >

> > That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

> >

> > - My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

> > - I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

> > - My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

> > - Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

> >

> > Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

> >

> > Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

> >

> > Thanks for sharing!

> >

>

>

> edit- video was fun to watch. =)

big thx, glad you like the vid :)

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> Regardless of stance of mesmer being OP or not, Mantra of Distraction does need to be bugfixed where it randomly ignores dodge frames sometimes.

>

> The same is said about Eviscerate similarly ignoring dodge rolls.

its not the mantra its the confounding suggestion trait that does it, it happens with f3 too when it triggers the stuntrait. with now 15 secs cd it should happen way less but ye its annoying and need a fix

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

> > >

> > > That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

> > >

> > > - My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

> > > - I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

> > > - My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

> > > - Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

> > >

> > > Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

> > >

> > > Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

> > >

> > > Thanks for sharing!

> > >

> >

>

> >

> > edit- video was fun to watch. =)

> big thx, glad you like the vid :)

>

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > Regardless of stance of mesmer being OP or not, Mantra of Distraction does need to be bugfixed where it randomly ignores dodge frames sometimes.

> >

> > The same is said about Eviscerate similarly ignoring dodge rolls.

>

> its not the mantra its the confounding suggestion trait that does it, it happens with f3 too when it triggers the stuntrait. with now 15 secs cd it should happen way less but ye its annoying and need a fix

Not from my experience; I've received just the daze if on CD or if not traited with CS. Eviscerate has the same problem in that it sporadically just outright ignores dodge roll evasion for seemingly no reason at all.

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

> > > >

> > > > That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

> > > >

> > > > - My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

> > > > - I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

> > > > - My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

> > > > - Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

> > > >

> > > > Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

> > > >

> > > > Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for sharing!

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > >

> > > edit- video was fun to watch. =)

> > big thx, glad you like the vid :)

> >

> > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > Regardless of stance of mesmer being OP or not, Mantra of Distraction does need to be bugfixed where it randomly ignores dodge frames sometimes.

> > >

> > > The same is said about Eviscerate similarly ignoring dodge rolls.

> >

> > its not the mantra its the confounding suggestion trait that does it, it happens with f3 too when it triggers the stuntrait. with now 15 secs cd it should happen way less but ye its annoying and need a fix

>

> Not from my experience; I've received just the daze if on CD or if not traited with CS. Eviscerate has the same problem in that it sporadically just outright ignores dodge roll evasion for seemingly no reason at all.

i got stunned middodge and applied middodge stun without using mantra more than once, it is clearly not the mantra. Maybe its coincidence but i never got dazed middodge. so when its not the mantra nor the trait then it must be something bugging with daze/stun in general and not mesmer specific, but im rly sure its the trait.

> @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

> > > > >

> > > > > That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

> > > > >

> > > > > - My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

> > > > > - I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

> > > > > - My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

> > > > > - Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

> > > > >

> > > > > Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

> > > > >

> > > > > Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for sharing!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > >

> > > > edit- video was fun to watch. =)

> > > big thx, glad you like the vid :)

> > >

> > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > Regardless of stance of mesmer being OP or not, Mantra of Distraction does need to be bugfixed where it randomly ignores dodge frames sometimes.

> > > >

> > > > The same is said about Eviscerate similarly ignoring dodge rolls.

> > >

> > > its not the mantra its the confounding suggestion trait that does it, it happens with f3 too when it triggers the stuntrait. with now 15 secs cd it should happen way less but ye its annoying and need a fix

> >

> > Not from my experience; I've received just the daze if on CD or if not traited with CS. Eviscerate has the same problem in that it sporadically just outright ignores dodge roll evasion for seemingly no reason at all.

>

> i got stunned middodge and applied middodge stun without using mantra more than once, it is clearly not the mantra. Maybe its coincidence but i never got dazed middodge. so when its not the mantra nor the trait then it must be something bugging with daze/stun in general and not mesmer specific, but im rly sure its the trait.

There are a number of traits and fields on other classes which can proc auto-stun effects. There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was troubleshooted. I believe it was an engineer running Evasive Powder Keg which triggered a lightning aura while he was dodging, causing it to reverb and CC him during the roll.

The issue with MoD and Evisc is that nothing is proc'ing to cause the effects; unlike dealing damage via the bombs. Idk if it's some kind of weird lag thing, but it seems to only happen on these two skills.

Edit: Lightning Aura, not field.

> > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > @"Jazz.4639" said:

> > > > > @"Kovu.7560" said:

> > > > > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > > > I thought it was a very cool vid, and I'm not going to say anything for or against Mesmer (having never played one) as I've only played GW2 for about 4 months now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That said, the only profession I really play in WvW is my Soulbeast Ranger, and I play my Power Guard and Daredevil in PvE, and here are some things I've noticed:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > - My SB Ranger has ranged capability, but it's mainly single target and really limited to burst via Rapid Fire

> > > > > > - I have access to a pet, but it's nowhere near as useful as Mesmer clones, because at least those can draw fire as your opponent mistakenly targets them instead of you

> > > > > > - My ability to go stealth with Smokescale isn't even comparable

> > > > > > - Mobility via GS 3, or Bird / Rock gazelle doesn't even come close to what I saw in that video.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Basically, I'd love to have what Mesmer has for when I play WvW =/

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Even though I'm still a newer player, I can't see a player of equal skill accomplishing the same on a Ranger as they could on a Mesmer. Different professions are different, of course, but I've listed some of the weaknesses of Ranger, whereas from that video, it's hard for me to find any specific weakness inherent to the Mesmer - and that is likely why people are crying about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks for sharing!

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > edit- video was fun to watch. =)

> > > > big thx, glad you like the vid :)

> > > >

> > > > > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > > > Regardless of stance of mesmer being OP or not, Mantra of Distraction does need to be bugfixed where it randomly ignores dodge frames sometimes.

> > > > >

> > > > > The same is said about Eviscerate similarly ignoring dodge rolls.

> > > >

> > > > its not the mantra its the confounding suggestion trait that does it, it happens with f3 too when it triggers the stuntrait. with now 15 secs cd it should happen way less but ye its annoying and need a fix

> > >

> > > Not from my experience; I've received just the daze if on CD or if not traited with CS. Eviscerate has the same problem in that it sporadically just outright ignores dodge roll evasion for seemingly no reason at all.

> >

> > i got stunned middodge and applied middodge stun without using mantra more than once, it is clearly not the mantra. Maybe its coincidence but i never got dazed middodge. so when its not the mantra nor the trait then it must be something bugging with daze/stun in general and not mesmer specific, but im rly sure its the trait.

>

> There are a number of traits and fields on other classes which can proc auto-stun effects. There was a thread about this a few months ago and it was troubleshooted. I believe it was an engineer running Evasive Powder Keg which triggered a lightning aura while he was dodging, causing it to reverb and CC him during the roll.

>

> The issue with MoD and Evisc is that nothing is proc'ing to cause the effects; unlike dealing damage via the bombs. Idk if it's some kind of weird lag thing, but it seems to only happen on these two skills.

>

> Edit: Lightning Aura, not field.

f3 is nothing procing too so you can be right in that but take care some stuff like ele air staff aoe cc field are supposed to be undodgeable and will always interrupt your dodge