No downstate has been a massive breath of fresh air in an absurdly stagnant game mode.

Blue.1207

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> > > I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

> > >

> > > I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

> >

> > wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

>

> No different than PvP :p

In pvp, something like a thief is nowhere near as broken as it could be in wvw. The difference is so huge that its like another class.

> @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> > > > I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

> > > >

> > > > I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

> > >

> > > wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

> >

> > No different than PvP :p

>

> In pvp, something like a thief is nowhere near as broken as it could be in wvw. The difference is so huge that its like another class.

Thieves broken in WvW? I didn't realize we had traveled back in time to 2015. Bernie for pres!

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> > > > > I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

> > > > >

> > > > > I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

> > > >

> > > > wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

> > >

> > > No different than PvP :p

> >

> > In pvp, something like a thief is nowhere near as broken as it could be in wvw. The difference is so huge that its like another class.

>

> Thieves broken in WvW? I didn't realize we had traveled back in time to 2015. Bernie for pres!

2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. You have the one shot D/P, S/D evade/port spam, condi s/d, acro staff, D/P SA perma stealth cheese, deadeye perma stealth one cheese. Is that enough or not?

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> > > > > > I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

> > > >

> > > > No different than PvP :p

> > >

> > > In pvp, something like a thief is nowhere near as broken as it could be in wvw. The difference is so huge that its like another class.

> >

> > Thieves broken in WvW? I didn't realize we had traveled back in time to 2015. Bernie for pres!

>

> 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. You have the one shot D/P, S/D evade/port spam, condi s/d, acro staff, D/P SA perma stealth cheese, deadeye perma stealth one cheese. Is that enough or not?

i just started playing again after almost 2 years.

wouldnt have thought those hollow phrases about op broken thieves are still a thing outside of ingame rage whispers

> @"MechVampyre.2903" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> > > > > > > I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

> > > > >

> > > > > No different than PvP :p

> > > >

> > > > In pvp, something like a thief is nowhere near as broken as it could be in wvw. The difference is so huge that its like another class.

> > >

> > > Thieves broken in WvW? I didn't realize we had traveled back in time to 2015. Bernie for pres!

> >

> > 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. You have the one shot D/P, S/D evade/port spam, condi s/d, acro staff, D/P SA perma stealth cheese, deadeye perma stealth one cheese. Is that enough or not?

>

> i just started playing again after almost 2 years.

> wouldnt have thought those hollow phrases about op broken thieves are still a thing outside of ingame rage whispers

If you play wvw casually twice a week in a zerg, you wouldn't care. When you solo roam and been seeing the same thing for soon to be six years, that's another story.

> > @"MechVampyre.2903" said:

> > > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > > > @"Nuka Cola.8520" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> > > > > > > > I disagree. The same issues with wvw remain and wvw will be stagnant until they address the core problems.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I could not care less about no downstate, all it seems to promote are cheese gank builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > wvw promotes cheese no matter what. the only difference is that when you kill someone with your "cheese" build, he is really dead.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No different than PvP :p

> > > > >

> > > > > In pvp, something like a thief is nowhere near as broken as it could be in wvw. The difference is so huge that its like another class.

> > > >

> > > > Thieves broken in WvW? I didn't realize we had traveled back in time to 2015. Bernie for pres!

> > >

> > > 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. You have the one shot D/P, S/D evade/port spam, condi s/d, acro staff, D/P SA perma stealth cheese, deadeye perma stealth one cheese. Is that enough or not?

> >

> > i just started playing again after almost 2 years.

> > wouldnt have thought those hollow phrases about op broken thieves are still a thing outside of ingame rage whispers

>

> If you play wvw casually twice a week in a zerg, you wouldn't care. When you solo roam and been seeing the same thing for soon to be six years, that's another story.

lol...

Didn’t expect to like the no downstate, but in fact it really was an enjoyable experience. (Especially for us who don’t zerg/blob with all the mindless spammers). It was at least a chance for much smaller groups to actually make a dent into the zergs.

Unfortunately now it’s back to perma scrooge barriers, 50 man ktrain squads, condi pressure galore, firebrands and the rest of the very stagnant gameplay. I’m sure I’ll get bored in about a week again.

I hear what the OP is saying but the MMO competition is anemic and the RvR scene is on life support. Sure games like Overwatch, Destiny 2, PUBG, Fortnite, etc come out but they aren't MMOs. In those style games even prolific players put in a scant few hundred hours before moving on. Games that draw thousands of hours out of their players with open world organized PvP... GW2 has almost no competition.

Crowfall (looks like a cash grab at this point that is 2019 at best) and Camelot Unchained (throwback with rooted casting, skill bars, etc). Bless is junk. Ashes of Creation, interesting but not AAA. Ascent might be a good alternative but so far it looks far better than it plays.