E3 ArenaNet

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > > @"Timo.1065" said:

> > > > > > I was on so many exibitons, mostly food industry.

> > > > > > I have never saw so poor stand.

> > > > > > In my opinion it would better to make a desission of not going on E3 than show stand like this below.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://imgur.com/gallery/ZcQ1VvD

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please thell me this is not true!

> > > > >

> > > > > Because **it's not a show stand**.

> > > > > They're there to talk to potential business partners, not to show anything to press/public.

> > > >

> > > > If I were a potential business partner that would not impress me.

> > >

> > > surprise surprise - none of professional business potential partners would be impressed by anything flashy/flashier. these guys are there to make deals, not to watch colourfull displays >.>

> >

> > I'm talking about comfort, about not feeling like I'm getting my taxes done at Jackson Hewlitt in a Walmart; I've gone to garages that went out of their way more. As I said I'd be more impressed as an investor if they set up shop at neighboring location while getting more value for their dollar, since that could be my dollar spent next year if I chose to invest.

>

> Is there any way in particular to know how much they spent on said little stand, it might have been cheaper, and it was definitely more public, which can be a good thing too. Even though they went there to met some scheduled meetings who knows what else they did while there.

Nothing about E3 is meant to be public, follow the narrative here this is about impressing and seducing future partners and investors.

While the public is free to go I assume there's nothing there that's supposed to cater to the public.

> @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > @"Timo.1065" said:

> > > > > I was on so many exibitons, mostly food industry.

> > > > > I have never saw so poor stand.

> > > > > In my opinion it would better to make a desission of not going on E3 than show stand like this below.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://imgur.com/gallery/ZcQ1VvD

> > > > >

> > > > > Please thell me this is not true!

> > > >

> > > > Because **it's not a show stand**.

> > > > They're there to talk to potential business partners, not to show anything to press/public.

> > >

> > > If I were a potential business partner that would not impress me.

> >

> > surprise surprise - none of professional business potential partners would be impressed by anything flashy/flashier. these guys are there to make deals, not to watch colourfull displays >.>

>

> I'm talking about comfort, about not feeling like I'm getting my taxes done at Jackson Hewlitt in a Walmart; I've gone to garages that went out of their way more. As I said I'd be more impressed as an investor if they set up shop at neighboring location while getting more value for their dollar, since that could be my dollar spent next year if I chose to invest.

If they're meeting several companies (my impression but again speculation), using E3 as a coordinated place to meet them all seems most economical - especially as those companies are likely meeting several other companies there themselves.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > > @"Timo.1065" said:

> > > > > > I was on so many exibitons, mostly food industry.

> > > > > > I have never saw so poor stand.

> > > > > > In my opinion it would better to make a desission of not going on E3 than show stand like this below.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > https://imgur.com/gallery/ZcQ1VvD

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please thell me this is not true!

> > > > >

> > > > > Because **it's not a show stand**.

> > > > > They're there to talk to potential business partners, not to show anything to press/public.

> > > >

> > > > If I were a potential business partner that would not impress me.

> > >

> > > surprise surprise - none of professional business potential partners would be impressed by anything flashy/flashier. these guys are there to make deals, not to watch colourfull displays >.>

> >

> > I'm talking about comfort, about not feeling like I'm getting my taxes done at Jackson Hewlitt in a Walmart; I've gone to garages that went out of their way more. As I said I'd be more impressed as an investor if they set up shop at neighboring location while getting more value for their dollar, since that could be my dollar spent next year if I chose to invest.

>

> If they're meeting several companies (my impression but again speculation), using E3 as a coordinated place to meet them all seems most economical - especially as those companies are likely meeting several other companies there themselves.

I dig it, perhaps all those cubicles look the same, the inner locked rooms probably are more comfortable, I imagine they should have white noise generators like you see out side of therapist offices.

Is what it is, I'm a Saltine Cracker, it's just my nature.

It was fun sparring with you all this morning, when things die down at the Hospital later tonight I'll come back and post some more (no pun intended we sort of like to avoid death in places of healing).

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"perilisk.1874" said:

> > > Hopefully they weren't there to discussing being bought out by Valve, or we can give up on seeing Episode 3 anytime soon.

> >

> > There is no such thing as 3!!!

>

> Perhaps you meant Half Life 3, that might be closer to shipping :)

Nooooooooo

I wish :lol:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"Oldirtbeard.9834" said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > @"Timo.1065" said:

> > > > > I was on so many exibitons, mostly food industry.

> > > > > I have never saw so poor stand.

> > > > > In my opinion it would better to make a desission of not going on E3 than show stand like this below.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://imgur.com/gallery/ZcQ1VvD

> > > > >

> > > > > Please thell me this is not true!

> > > >

> > > > Because **it's not a show stand**.

> > > > They're there to talk to potential business partners, not to show anything to press/public.

> > >

> > > If I were a potential business partner that would not impress me.

> >

> > I expect the meetings are planned before going there and don't involve "impressing" each other, but that's pure speculation on my part.

>

> Then why bother going to E3 if they planned the meetings ahead of time, got to the hotel next door and book a suite for a fraction of the cost with more amenities?

>

> I'd be more impressed that they managed to set up a decent presentation, in a more comfortable set up while spending money wisely; but then I guess partners and investors don't think about things like wisely spending money and getting bang for your buck.

That's what E3 is for. It's a trade show. Buyers from companies like Best Buy go to it to see what the vendors are offering for new products and make decisions as to what and how much they want to order.