Q2 financials

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Faline.8795" said:

> > When are the Q2 financials for GW2 supposed to come out? I thought Q2 ended in March, but I've only seen the Q1 report.

>

> If Q2 ended in March in your version of calendar, when did Q1 happen?

q1 is from Jan to March, q2 is from april to june.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> If Q2 ended in March in your version of calendar, when did Q1 happen?

Not all businesses are the same and their quarters can be shifted whenever they want. If January-March was Q2, then Q1 would have been October-December. Apple for example is like this.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > If Q2 ended in March in your version of calendar, when did Q1 happen?

>

> Not all business are the same and their quarters can be shifted whenever they want. If January-March was Q2, then Q1 would have been October-December. Apple for example is like this.

But it's not apple forums.

> @"Chasing Gore.2839" said:

> > > @"Faline.8795" said:

> > > When are the Q2 financials for GW2 supposed to come out? I thought Q2 ended in March, but I've only seen the Q1 report.

> >

> > If Q2 ended in March in your version of calendar, when did Q1 happen?

>

> q1 is from Jan to March, q2 is from april to june.

Well, I know. I'm asking OP why he expected Q2 results in march.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> Is this information really pertinent to the game? Besides forming a business conspiracy that'd spell doom for the game I just don't know why I (a normal player) would care to know.

>

> I need someone to mansplain the reason to know this information please.

>

> D:

you can tell a lot by looking at a companys financial statement and auditor's report.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

>

> You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

> @"Chasing Gore.2839" said:

> > Is this information really pertinent to the game? Besides forming a business conspiracy that'd spell doom for the game I just don't know why I (a normal player) would care to know.

> >

> > I need someone to mansplain the reason to know this information please.

> >

> > D:

>

> you can tell a lot by looking at a companys financial statement and auditor's report.

Okay. Like what?

TBH I'd probably learn more from GlassDoor.com (or some other random sites) than just a financial report unless you're looking to invest or w.e.

> > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

> >

> > You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

>

> Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

You asked for mansplaining, not me. I apologize if my choice of words was too manly for you. Following to your questions, tasting it may lead to food poisoning, smell and looks are not definiteve to find a bacteria.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

> > >

> > > You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

> >

> > Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

>

> You asked for mansplaining, not me. I apologize if my choice of words was too manly for you. Following to your questions, tasting it may lead to food poisoning, smell is not definiteve.

You're right. More bluntly. Try their product (fortunately free-to-play now) to see for yourself. Luckily we can't get food poisoning from video games yet. Analysis of Guild Wars 2 is going to be more useful to a player than their financials. Unless you're seeking investment or employment with that company...or trying to predict if ANET is shutting the game down which is where the bit of conspiracy comes from. Luckily you need to prove nothing here since its the OP that wanted to know about their quarterly reports, but I do appreciate the willingness to exchange.

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

> > > >

> > > > You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

> > >

> > > Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

> >

> > You asked for mansplaining, not me. I apologize if my choice of words was too manly for you. Following to your questions, tasting it may lead to food poisoning, smell is not definiteve.

>

> You're right. More bluntly. Try their product (fortunately free-to-play now) to see for yourself. Luckily we can't get food poisoning from video games yet. Analysis of Guild Wars 2 is going to be more useful to a player than their financials. Unless you're seeking investment or employment with that company...or trying to predict if ANET is shutting the game down which is where the bit of conspiracy comes from. Luckily you need to prove nothing here since its the OP that wanted to know about their quarterly reports, but I do appreciate the willingness to exchange.

I know I am right, thank you.

Trying F2P version of GW2 says nothing about the game after level 80, not mentioning true taste of pvp or wvw, where elite specs are mostly stronger than core professions. Analyzing game revenue may tell you if game is in decline or how stable is the paying playerbase. Ultimately, if you are not interested in such information you are not required to look for it. However you are not in position to judge people who like reading such stuff.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > > > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

> > > > >

> > > > > You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

> > > >

> > > > Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

> > >

> > > You asked for mansplaining, not me. I apologize if my choice of words was too manly for you. Following to your questions, tasting it may lead to food poisoning, smell is not definiteve.

> >

> > You're right. More bluntly. Try their product (fortunately free-to-play now) to see for yourself. Luckily we can't get food poisoning from video games yet. Analysis of Guild Wars 2 is going to be more useful to a player than their financials. Unless you're seeking investment or employment with that company...or trying to predict if ANET is shutting the game down which is where the bit of conspiracy comes from. Luckily you need to prove nothing here since its the OP that wanted to know about their quarterly reports, but I do appreciate the willingness to exchange.

>

> I know I am right, thank you.

>

> Trying F2P version of GW2 says nothing about the game after level 80, not mentioning true taste of pvp or wvw, where elite specs are mostly stronger than core professions. Analyzing game revenue may tell you if game is in decline or how stable is the paying playerbase. Ultimately, if you are not interested in such information you are not required to look for it. However you are not in position to judge people who like reading such stuff.

Yes and no. I merely question what it has to do with the actual game. Unless I am wrong in assuming "General Guild Wars 2 Discussion" includes a company's financial reports given there isn't exactly a section for such topics on these forums. Now, if the OP was making a prediction of the player-base then sure, I can see the connection loosely (they did not). But, such reports say nothing about the game after level 80 or before level 80 similar to what you mentioned with free-to-play version. Only that they're making money (or not).

Let me be clear. Seeking people's rationale is not judgement. **I'd prefer to understand why people want to know their quarterly reports as players venturing to these forums**. So far (in the past too) quarterly reports were used to pass _judgement_ on the games player base by other players. I am confounded by that reasoning because it isn't direct enough. Wouldn't logging into the game be better than quarterly reports? While financial decline is interesting I'm sure that's reason enough. Like Twitter hasn't been profitable for a very long time, and only recently has been. What does that say about Twitter's user base? Idk. Maybe the election year increased user activity or their ad service finally paid off.

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > > > > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

> > > >

> > > > You asked for mansplaining, not me. I apologize if my choice of words was too manly for you. Following to your questions, tasting it may lead to food poisoning, smell is not definiteve.

> > >

> > > You're right. More bluntly. Try their product (fortunately free-to-play now) to see for yourself. Luckily we can't get food poisoning from video games yet. Analysis of Guild Wars 2 is going to be more useful to a player than their financials. Unless you're seeking investment or employment with that company...or trying to predict if ANET is shutting the game down which is where the bit of conspiracy comes from. Luckily you need to prove nothing here since its the OP that wanted to know about their quarterly reports, but I do appreciate the willingness to exchange.

> >

> > I know I am right, thank you.

> >

> > Trying F2P version of GW2 says nothing about the game after level 80, not mentioning true taste of pvp or wvw, where elite specs are mostly stronger than core professions. Analyzing game revenue may tell you if game is in decline or how stable is the paying playerbase. Ultimately, if you are not interested in such information you are not required to look for it. However you are not in position to judge people who like reading such stuff.

>

> Yes and no. I merely question what it has to do with the actual game. Unless I am wrong in assuming "General Guild Wars 2 Discussion" includes a company's financial reports given there isn't exactly a section for such topics on these forums. Now, if the OP was making a prediction of the player-base then sure, I can see the connection loosely (they did not). But, such reports say nothing about the game after level 80 or before level 80 similar to what you mentioned with free-to-play version. Only that they're making money (or not).

>

> Let me be clear. Seeking people's rationale is not judgement. **I'd prefer to understand why people want to know their quarterly reports as players venturing to these forums**. So far (in the past too) quarterly reports were used to pass _judgement_ on the games player base by other players. I am confounded by that reasoning because it isn't direct enough. Wouldn't logging into the game be better than quarterly reports? While financial decline is interesting I'm sure that's reason enough. Like Twitter hasn't been profitable for a very long time, and only recently has been. What does that say about Twitter's user base? Idk. Maybe the election year increased user activity or their ad service finally paid off.

OP asked a question when reports are released. Then you appear asking why he needs it. In my book, unless OP initiates the discussion himself, it's none of your business.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > > > > > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

> > > > >

> > > > > You asked for mansplaining, not me. I apologize if my choice of words was too manly for you. Following to your questions, tasting it may lead to food poisoning, smell is not definiteve.

> > > >

> > > > You're right. More bluntly. Try their product (fortunately free-to-play now) to see for yourself. Luckily we can't get food poisoning from video games yet. Analysis of Guild Wars 2 is going to be more useful to a player than their financials. Unless you're seeking investment or employment with that company...or trying to predict if ANET is shutting the game down which is where the bit of conspiracy comes from. Luckily you need to prove nothing here since its the OP that wanted to know about their quarterly reports, but I do appreciate the willingness to exchange.

> > >

> > > I know I am right, thank you.

> > >

> > > Trying F2P version of GW2 says nothing about the game after level 80, not mentioning true taste of pvp or wvw, where elite specs are mostly stronger than core professions. Analyzing game revenue may tell you if game is in decline or how stable is the paying playerbase. Ultimately, if you are not interested in such information you are not required to look for it. However you are not in position to judge people who like reading such stuff.

> >

> > Yes and no. I merely question what it has to do with the actual game. Unless I am wrong in assuming "General Guild Wars 2 Discussion" includes a company's financial reports given there isn't exactly a section for such topics on these forums. Now, if the OP was making a prediction of the player-base then sure, I can see the connection loosely (they did not). But, such reports say nothing about the game after level 80 or before level 80 similar to what you mentioned with free-to-play version. Only that they're making money (or not).

> >

> > Let me be clear. Seeking people's rationale is not judgement. **I'd prefer to understand why people want to know their quarterly reports as players venturing to these forums**. So far (in the past too) quarterly reports were used to pass _judgement_ on the games player base by other players. I am confounded by that reasoning because it isn't direct enough. Wouldn't logging into the game be better than quarterly reports? While financial decline is interesting I'm sure that's reason enough. Like Twitter hasn't been profitable for a very long time, and only recently has been. What does that say about Twitter's user base? Idk. Maybe the election year increased user activity or their ad service finally paid off.

>

> OP asked a question when reports are released. Then you appear asking why he needs it. In my book, unless OP initiates the discussion himself, it's none of your business.

My bad, I suppose I am working with the presumption of OP's original thread that was actually investigating a relationship of profits and the longevity of GW2 as one deciding factor to play this game. Assuming that was their motivation then, to me, this thread is further investigate for them. So I asked why.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33604/will-gw2-be-around-for-long/p1

>

> My bad, I suppose I am working with the presumption of OP's original thread that was actually investigating a relationship of profits and the longevity of GW2 as one deciding factor to play this game. Assuming that was their motivation then, to me, this thread is further investigate for them. So I asked why.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33604/will-gw2-be-around-for-long/p1

>

You are taking this way too personally, OP is free to make his own judgments without a nosy neighbor sticking their head in the window.

> @"FlyingK.9720" said:

> >

> > My bad, I suppose I am working with the presumption of OP's original thread that was actually investigating a relationship of profits and the longevity of GW2 as one deciding factor to play this game. Assuming that was their motivation then, to me, this thread is further investigate for them. So I asked why.

> >

> > https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33604/will-gw2-be-around-for-long/p1

> >

>

> You are taking this way too personally, OP is free to make his own judgments without a nosy neighbor sticking their head in the window.

>

Wait. Did you say I was taking it personally then do a personal attack by calling me a nosy neighbor? I have never seen that happen on the internet before...

Jokes aside. Idc about his judgement, but rather how he got there. The OP here asked when it happened which is simple on the surface. The same person asked for a correlation of finance with Guild Wars 2 the game in order to make a decision in a previous thread. Yes. This is where I made the assumption they still believed such data was telling of the game itself.

I believe _personally_ quarterly reports are only useful to investors and the government. They're less useful for players. Ultimately, the old post by the OP was trying to deduce longevity using this less useful metric. Which then brings us to the current OP seeking the same information again. _My mistake was assumptions and presumptions_. I should have assumed it wasn't connected since that'd be a conspiracy itself (ironically).

Luckily someone provided a link so needing to ask for their quarterly reports will no longer be necessary, yes? Yes. Probably was something easy to find on google instead of a forum post, but still. Thanks to Healix.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > > > > > > I need someone to **mansplain** the reason to know this information please.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You want to know if the butcher you get meat from is healthy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ooo metaphors. Couldn't you tell by smelling/tasting/looking at it? I mean if it's clearly raw or rotten after all it'd be apparent. That's about as useful metaphors can get.

> > > > >

> > > > > You asked for mansplaining, not me. I apologize if my choice of words was too manly for you. Following to your questions, tasting it may lead to food poisoning, smell is not definiteve.

> > > >

> > > > You're right. More bluntly. Try their product (fortunately free-to-play now) to see for yourself. Luckily we can't get food poisoning from video games yet. Analysis of Guild Wars 2 is going to be more useful to a player than their financials. Unless you're seeking investment or employment with that company...or trying to predict if ANET is shutting the game down which is where the bit of conspiracy comes from. Luckily you need to prove nothing here since its the OP that wanted to know about their quarterly reports, but I do appreciate the willingness to exchange.

> > >

> > > I know I am right, thank you.

> > >

> > > Trying F2P version of GW2 says nothing about the game after level 80, not mentioning true taste of pvp or wvw, where elite specs are mostly stronger than core professions. Analyzing game revenue may tell you if game is in decline or how stable is the paying playerbase. Ultimately, if you are not interested in such information you are not required to look for it. However you are not in position to judge people who like reading such stuff.

> >

> > Yes and no. I merely question what it has to do with the actual game. Unless I am wrong in assuming "General Guild Wars 2 Discussion" includes a company's financial reports given there isn't exactly a section for such topics on these forums. Now, if the OP was making a prediction of the player-base then sure, I can see the connection loosely (they did not). But, such reports say nothing about the game after level 80 or before level 80 similar to what you mentioned with free-to-play version. Only that they're making money (or not).

> >

> > Let me be clear. Seeking people's rationale is not judgement. **I'd prefer to understand why people want to know their quarterly reports as players venturing to these forums**. So far (in the past too) quarterly reports were used to pass _judgement_ on the games player base by other players. I am confounded by that reasoning because it isn't direct enough. Wouldn't logging into the game be better than quarterly reports? While financial decline is interesting I'm sure that's reason enough. Like Twitter hasn't been profitable for a very long time, and only recently has been. What does that say about Twitter's user base? Idk. Maybe the election year increased user activity or their ad service finally paid off.

>

> OP asked a question when reports are released. Then you appear asking why he needs it. In my book, unless OP initiates the discussion himself, it's none of your business.

Kheldorn...you do realize this is a discussion, right? Therefore it's a valid question relevant to the discussion, whether the OP wants to provide an answer or not is entirely up to him, but the question is still relevant to the discussion. I don't know about you, but more often than not I want to know the "why" of things...as a matter of fact, I want to know "why" about practically everything as the "'why" usually tells you a lot more than a simple explanation(it's super helpful to figure out what a person's reasoning or thinking might be).