Making Legendary Insights tradeable

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > >

> > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > >

> > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

>

> It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

That would also improve raiding experience as all that are let would be people interested in raiding. Shouldn't this be the reason why people raid?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > >

> > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > >

> > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

>

> It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > >

> > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > >

> > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> >

> > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

>

> That would also improve raiding experience as all that are let would be people interested in raiding. Shouldn't this be the reason why people raid?

Yes, it should, but when one places an LFG, one does not care if the players who join are there for the LI or for the experience, as long as they can play. Having less people available to join a squad is bad for raids, and right now the time waiting for certain LFGs (mainly W5 and CMs) is already too big.

> @"nia.4725" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > >

> > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > >

> > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> >

> > That would also improve raiding experience as all that are let would be people interested in raiding. Shouldn't this be the reason why people raid?

>

> Yes, it should, but when one places an LFG, one does not care if the players who join are there for the LI or for the experience, as long as they can play. Having less people available to join a squad is bad for raids, and right now the time waiting for certain LFGs (mainly W5 and CMs) is already too big.

If these players are chat-coding LI leechers, you want these people gone from your LFG. Unless you don't believe raiding can survive without faking its popularity with gated rewards.

> @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > >

> > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > >

> > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> >

> > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

>

> For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

Think of it this way:

- the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > >

> > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > >

> > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> >

> > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

>

> Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

>

> Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

>

> As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

>

> Think of it this way:

> - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > >

> > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > >

> > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> >

> > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> >

> > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> >

> > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> >

> > Think of it this way:

> > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

>

> I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > Think of it this way:

> > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

>

> How big these flocks would be?

>

>

Does it matter?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > >

> > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > >

> > > That would also improve raiding experience as all that are let would be people interested in raiding. Shouldn't this be the reason why people raid?

> >

> > Yes, it should, but when one places an LFG, one does not care if the players who join are there for the LI or for the experience, as long as they can play. Having less people available to join a squad is bad for raids, and right now the time waiting for certain LFGs (mainly W5 and CMs) is already too big.

>

> If these players are chat-coding LI leechers, you want these people gone from your LFG. Unless you don't believe raiding can survive without faking its popularity with gated rewards.

Having someone there just because they want the LI does not necessarily mean they are chat coders. I do not like that people just raid just for the Envoy, but I still think that trading LI would be bad for the game.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > > >

> > > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > > >

> > > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> > >

> > > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> > >

> > > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> > >

> > > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> > >

> > > Think of it this way:

> > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> >

> > I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

>

> Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

Do you raid for LI still or because it's fun? Would you stop if you got enough LI?

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > > > >

> > > > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> > > >

> > > > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> > > >

> > > > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> > > >

> > > > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> > > >

> > > > Think of it this way:

> > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > >

> > > I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

> >

> > Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

>

> Do you raid for LI still or because it's fun? Would you stop if you got enough LI?

Considering I raid multiple times a week and in training raids (meaning I help out after my full clear), I'd say fun.

Does it matter? Do I have to be in favor of a change which adversely affects my preferred game mode? Stop thinking in absolutes and rather in overall game balance designs.

I can be against a change even if it might not affect me personally. Could I make a ton of gold by selling my LI? Sure, but sometimes thinking in bigger scopes than what your personal wallet might look like after a change is better longterm.

> I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

I'm gonna ask, do you see any harm in making other content specific currencies tradeable as well?

Currencies are map specific and content specific for a reason, to give an incentive for players to run said content, otherwise you run the risk of both making some content useless, since you'd get the same rewards from elsewhere, and at the same time increase the risk of burnout. You can run your farm content only so many times.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> If these players are chat-coding LI leechers, you want these people gone from your LFG. Unless you don't believe raiding can survive without faking its popularity with gated rewards.

Can any type of content survive without gated rewards? Would anyone play in Draconis Mons (the least popular according to polls) LS3 episode map if they could get the rewards of the episode by farming Winterberries?

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> > > > >

> > > > > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> > > > >

> > > > > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> > > > >

> > > > > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> > > > >

> > > > > Think of it this way:

> > > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > > >

> > > > I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

> > >

> > > Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

> >

> > Do you raid for LI still or because it's fun? Would you stop if you got enough LI?

>

> Considering I raid multiple times a week and in training raids (meaning I help out after my full clear), I'd say fun.

>

> Does it matter? Do I have to be in favor of a change which adversely affects my preferred game mode? Stop thinking in absolutes and rather in overall game balance designs.

>

> I can be against a change even if it might not affect me personally. Could I make a ton of gold by selling my LI? Sure, but sometimes thinking in bigger scopes than what your personal wallet might look like after a change is better longterm.

thiiiiiiiiiiiiis

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> > > > >

> > > > > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> > > > >

> > > > > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> > > > >

> > > > > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> > > > >

> > > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > > >

> > > > I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

> > >

> > > Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

> >

> > Do you raid for LI still or because it's fun? Would you stop if you got enough LI?

>

> Considering I raid multiple times a week and in training raids (meaning I help out after my full clear), I'd say fun.

>

> Does it matter? Do I have to be in favor of a change which adversely affects my preferred game mode? Stop thinking in absolutes and rather in overall game balance designs.

>

> I can be against a change even if it might not affect me personally. Could I make a ton of gold by selling my LI? Sure, but sometimes thinking in bigger scopes than what your personal wallet might look like after a change is better longterm.

As you can see it doesn't make me a unique individual then.

> > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Think of it this way:

> > > > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > > > >

> > > > > I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

> > > >

> > > > Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

> > >

> > > Do you raid for LI still or because it's fun? Would you stop if you got enough LI?

> >

> > Considering I raid multiple times a week and in training raids (meaning I help out after my full clear), I'd say fun.

> >

> > Does it matter? Do I have to be in favor of a change which adversely affects my preferred game mode? Stop thinking in absolutes and rather in overall game balance designs.

> >

> > I can be against a change even if it might not affect me personally. Could I make a ton of gold by selling my LI? Sure, but sometimes thinking in bigger scopes than what your personal wallet might look like after a change is better longterm.

>

> As you can see it doesn't make me a unique individual then.

Touche, so we are both live-less nerds who have spent way to much time on raids in this game. Do you believe we are even remotely close to where the average gamer in this game is at?

Not sure what you are trying to get at with this comment.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > Think of it this way:

> > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> >

> > How big these flocks would be?

> >

> >

>

> Does it matter?

Yes.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Think of it this way:

> > > > > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

> > > > >

> > > > > Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

> > > >

> > > > Do you raid for LI still or because it's fun? Would you stop if you got enough LI?

> > >

> > > Considering I raid multiple times a week and in training raids (meaning I help out after my full clear), I'd say fun.

> > >

> > > Does it matter? Do I have to be in favor of a change which adversely affects my preferred game mode? Stop thinking in absolutes and rather in overall game balance designs.

> > >

> > > I can be against a change even if it might not affect me personally. Could I make a ton of gold by selling my LI? Sure, but sometimes thinking in bigger scopes than what your personal wallet might look like after a change is better longterm.

> >

> > As you can see it doesn't make me a unique individual then.

>

> Touche, so we are both live-less nerds who have spent way to much time on raids in this game. Do you believe we are even remotely close to where the average gamer in this game is at?

>

> Not sure what you are trying to get at with this comment.

Considering the first person I asked also raided for fun was also like me, I think our number may be bigger than you think.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > Think of it this way:

> > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > >

> > > How big these flocks would be?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Does it matter?

>

> Yes.

Okay if you say so.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Can any type of content survive without gated rewards? Would anyone play in Draconis Mons (the least popular according to polls) LS3 episode map if they could get the rewards of the episode by farming Winterberries?

I'm really happy you bring up this example because map currencies can be easily gained by WvW and PvP tracks. Both these modes are basically afk fiestas so no gameplay is involved either way.

> > > > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"nia.4725" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"NotOverlyCheesy.9427" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm curious of the forum users' opinion on this topic. I wouldn't mind as I have more than I'll ever need.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > No. They are rewarded for specific achievement, much like the cosmic essences. They can follow the same model - have a sink and a vendor price. But they shouldn't be tradeable. They could probably use another sink for players who don't need the cheap extra ascended armor sets

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > This. Don't make them tradeable, that would be a big problem with people buying LI. Just give us LI sinks or let us convert them to magnetites or something.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I don't see an issue with people buying LI as I don't see an issue with people buying raid runs either. At least it doesn't harm me in any way if somebody buys LI. How does it harm you guys?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It doesn't harm me personally, since I don't sell raids, but it does harm the game's economy and it would decrease greatly the raid playerbase (all those who are there just for the armor would drop raids just when they get the Envoy II). And it would devalue greatly the Envoy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > For me the envoy is already devalued as you can buy raids and get the whole thing without proper skill.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Buying raids, while people love calling this out on the forums, is still a very rare occurrence compared to the overall game modes activity.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Streamlining this would, as mentioned earlier, very likely have a detrimental effect with short term benefits.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As doc already explained, a lot of in game items are intentionally locked away from being traded which goes hand in hand with GW2s design decision of not permanently increasing the gear cap and making gear worthless. As such it is mandatory to keep currencies un-tradable as to not remove incentives and time gating. You can discuss alternate approaches to solving this problem but until then you will be stuck with a lot of account bound rewards.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Think of it this way:

> > > > > > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I haven't had anything to build towards in a long time but I still raid 'cos I find it fun.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Good for you, making game wide balance decisions based on unique individuals does not seem like a good idea to me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you raid for LI still or because it's fun? Would you stop if you got enough LI?

> > > >

> > > > Considering I raid multiple times a week and in training raids (meaning I help out after my full clear), I'd say fun.

> > > >

> > > > Does it matter? Do I have to be in favor of a change which adversely affects my preferred game mode? Stop thinking in absolutes and rather in overall game balance designs.

> > > >

> > > > I can be against a change even if it might not affect me personally. Could I make a ton of gold by selling my LI? Sure, but sometimes thinking in bigger scopes than what your personal wallet might look like after a change is better longterm.

> > >

> > > As you can see it doesn't make me a unique individual then.

> >

> > Touche, so we are both live-less nerds who have spent way to much time on raids in this game. Do you believe we are even remotely close to where the average gamer in this game is at?

> >

> > Not sure what you are trying to get at with this comment.

>

> Considering the first person I asked also raided for fun was also like me, I think our number may be bigger than you think.

Going by GW2efficiency numbers, I'd say taking a subjective count on a GAMING FORUM (which will by its nature be frequented by more active players), on a SPECIFIC TOPIC (in this case the raid forum) is highly unreliable statistical analysis. But you know, I could be wrong.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > >

> > > > How big these flocks would be?

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Does it matter?

> >

> > Yes.

>

> Okay if you say so.

So, are you going to answer my question or you keep trying to market your empty statement about "big flocks"?

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > Think of it this way:

> > > > > > - the short term gain you might have from selling your LI will be of little use or fun to you when big flocks of players leave the game with nothing to work towards any longer

> > > > >

> > > > > How big these flocks would be?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Does it matter?

> > >

> > > Yes.

> >

> > Okay if you say so.

>

> So, are you going to answer my question or you keep trying to market your empty statement about "big flocks"?

Wasn't this a topic for people to express their opinion about a suggestion? Why are you transforming it in another awful argument? Why are you taking such a belligerant attitude? o_O

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

>

> I'm gonna ask, do you see any harm in making other content specific currencies tradeable as well?

> Currencies are map specific and content specific for a reason, to give an incentive for players to run said content, otherwise you run the risk of both making some content useless, since you'd get the same rewards from elsewhere, and at the same time increase the risk of burnout. You can run your farm content only so many times.

>

> > If these players are chat-coding LI leechers, you want these people gone from your LFG. Unless you don't believe raiding can survive without faking its popularity with gated rewards.

>

> Can any type of content survive without gated rewards? Would anyone play in Draconis Mons (the least popular according to polls) LS3 episode map if they could get the rewards of the episode by farming Winterberries?

I don't mind content specific currencies being tradeable. If there are rewards you want with a particular currency and nobody does needed content, the currency price will go up. At that point it'd be good to do said content to gain a lot of gold.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > Can any type of content survive without gated rewards? Would anyone play in Draconis Mons (the least popular according to polls) LS3 episode map if they could get the rewards of the episode by farming Winterberries?

>

> I'm really happy you bring up this example because map currencies can be easily gained by WvW and PvP tracks. Both these modes are basically afk fiestas so no gameplay is involved either way.

>

I wonder which one is more efficient, afk in WVW/PVP or roaming around the episode maps gathering resources on multiple characters. Haven't tried it, so I don't know.

You are saying that the player versus player content (WVW/PVP) in this game has no gameplay involved, which is interesting because some claim that when other players are involved it's more challenging content, and requires better rewards than easy, predictable, scripted PVE encounters. I will keep this in mind for future threads.