Is this possible? Camera functions and mouse bindings

So if you ever played any tradional mmorpg like WoW.. when you hold right click and rotate ur camera, ur player remains in the same position when ur kiting.. But in gw2 when you hold right click and start moving around ur mouse to look around, ur character also moves with the camera...

this is an issue for me because now i have to tell my brain to stop clicking right click and start using left click.. which is a really hard habit to get rid off since gw2 is the only mmorpg that does this feature out of the 5+ mmorpg i played lol..

TLDR: can i change my HOLD left click ( camera bind ) to HOLD right click ?

Not sure if I understand what you're saying, but I never have to "stop right clicking and start left clicking" when I strafe/kite. If I hold RMB (to rotate the camera) and move forward (either with W or holding LMB), I can continually circle around a target without having to change keys or mouse buttons. What you're describing sounds to me like the default control behavior -- maybe you need to reset your General Options and Control Options.

> @"Maximus Delion.8719" said:

> Not sure if I understand what you're saying, but I never have to "stop right clicking and start left clicking" when I strafe/kite. If I hold RMB (to rotate the camera) and move forward (either with W or holding LMB), I can continually circle around a target without having to change keys or mouse buttons. What you're describing sounds to me like the default control behavior -- maybe you need to reset your General Options and Control Options.

so ur kiting.. u wana do a skill shot that requires you to aim with ur camera ( if u dont have ground targetting enabled aka smart cast if u played league of legends ) when u hold down RMB ur character locks into your camera so that what ever direction u move your camera too, your character will follow...

now lets say ur kiting and u wana drop a quick skill shot.. ur forced to left click because LMB enables free cam so that it doesnt lock with ur character when you hold LMB

does this make sense? what i want to do is, have free cam ( LMB hold function ) on my RMB.. my brain is so use to having free cam that gw2 action combat fucks me up everytime im kiting, trying to get a skill shot into my opponent... and when i do RMB while im kiting, im forced to stop moving for a quick second to do my skillshot.

Oh... so are you wanting the RMB to "spin the camera around" your character, but without changing the direction of your character?

If so... the closest you can do is set a keybind in: Options > Control Options > Free Camera. That lets you bind a free-cam key, so that whenever you hold that key the RMB will be in free cam mode. If you're using a mouse with macro software, you might be able to remap your RMB to do a RMB click + {whatever free-cam key you bound}. Or maybe set the free cam key to MOUSE 4 or 5. By default, the RMB is always going to turn your character.

> @"Jay.3409" said:

> So if you ever played any tradional mmorpg like WoW.. when you hold right click and rotate ur camera, ur player remains in the same position when ur kiting.. But in gw2 when you hold right click and start moving around ur mouse to look around, ur character also moves with the camera...

WoW is just like this; most MMOs are. LMB turns the camera, RMB turns the camera+character. It can't be changed, so if you want it backwards, you'll need to invert your mouse buttons. There's a binding for looking behind you if you want that.