Spellbreaker or Berserker for T4s? Also Power Chrono DPS! (Read my Story)

I never liked Condi classes. But i wanted to do Raids!!! And the only way i found to be accepted was being a BAnnerslave Berserker. It was actually fun! Not as much as playing a Power Spellbreaker (during the DARK days of Dagger/Dagger GS bad Benchmark SBs). Well, time passed, i met Fractals, fell in love, my Condi Zerker is now Fully Ascended Vipered ;D and i've been doing Fractals with consistency.

Now im about to hit T4, but i have no idea of how the meta works there. So i have some questions. Note that im not rich and that i favor Power classes more than condis, but Condi Zerker is the exception, i now like to play it ALMOST as much as Power classes, and that currently Dragonhunter and Power Chrono DPS are by FAR my favorite classes. Also, consider that** i'll be pugging a lot!

1) How good and desired is Condi Zerker on T4s? I dont mind going 2 banners, but i want to be accepted in most groups!

A:

2) Would Power Spellbreaker do WAY better than condi zerker on T4s? Could i be an effective Bannerslave SB should the ocasion arrives?

A:

3) How is the acceptance of the Power Chrono DPS on T4s? Staple, desired, meh or nah?

A:

Tyvm!!!

> @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> I never liked Condi classes. But i wanted to do Raids!!! And the only way i found to be accepted was being a BAnnerslave Berserker. It was actually fun! Not as much as playing a Power Spellbreaker (during the DARK days of Dagger/Dagger GS bad Benchmark SBs). Well, time passed, i met Fractals, fell in love, my Condi Zerker is now Fully Ascended Vipered ;D and i've been doing Fractals with consistency.

>

> Now im about to hit T4, but i have no idea of how the meta works there. So i have some questions. Note that im not rich and that i favor Power classes more than condis, but Condi Zerker is the exception, i now like to play it ALMOST as much as Power classes, and that currently Dragonhunter and Power Chrono DPS are by FAR my favorite classes. Also, consider that** i'll be pugging a lot!

> **

>

> 1) How good and desired is Condi Zerker on T4s? I dont mind going 2 banners, but i want to be accepted in most groups!

A: Most groups I've seen and been in just run 1 druid 1 chrono (often with out even asking for them) and 3 dps. War is more of a run 1 if you get 1, go full dps for trash, bring banners for the boss if asked/want to.

>

> 2) Would Power Spellbreaker do WAY better than condi zerker on T4s? Could i be an effective Bannerslave SB should the ocasion arrives?

A: Depends on the instabilities, sb's boon hate is very useful when there's no pain no gain instability, or when mobs generate boons.

>

> 3) How is the acceptance of the Power Chrono DPS on T4s? Staple, desired, meh or nah?

A: Just read the lfg messages before joining, any that says "lf chrono" means boon share chrono. Also, it'll help to say off the bat that you're playing a dps build and not a boon share build.

>

> Tyvm!!!

GLHF

Power DPS is almost always better in fractals.

1. Its okay for a bannerbot and can be good as a dps too (i like to change to it on Twilight Oasis because its a nightmare on weaver and the last boss has pretty frequent prot application), but for general dps i would rather bring a DH if you dont have a weaver (i dont know power chrono but if it doesnt have good cleave then i wouldnt bring it).

2. Would only use it if there is No Pain No Gain instability, on Twilight Oasis and Swampland to remove protection from the mobs/bosses. But for a bannerbot (when there is no protection) the best option is Core Power Banner Warrior. It has better damage, higher and more frequent CC and is more fun to play (in my opinion) because of the Discipline traitline. But yes power warrior is WAY better than condi in fractals.

3. I dont really know as i only join high req groups where only weaver is accepted. As a sidenote, the Power DPS Spellbreaker (not the banner version but the a/d+m/a with discipline) is also a really good DPS option that not many people use or know about.

All in all: for general T4s from the classes that you have for a DPS i would choose DH as it has good cleave dps with added utility (pull, small cc, little bit of aoe heal and block + stab, quickness elite shout if you dont have a boon chrono), for the bannerbot i would choose Core Power Banner Warrior if there is no protection on the mobs, and Banner Spellbreaker (a/a + d/d - or d/m or d/sh if you need more cc) if there is protection involved (No Pain, No Gain instability, Twilight Oasis, Swampland).

Also if there is protection and you play DPS role and the bannerbot doesnt use spellbreaker (dont have PoF or dont want to use it for whatever reason) then i would use the DPS Spellbreaker so you can remove it while still being dps spec.

> @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> 3) How is the acceptance of the Power Chrono DPS on T4s? Staple, desired, meh or nah?

Chrono is brought along for the boon share as support. Please be aware of this when talking about Power Chrono. You most certainly will no be competing with a damage dealers dps as your main focus will be upkeep of boons on your group.

PUG groups asking for chrono, as mentioned by vaxjani, usually are referring to support chrono, not chrono on a dps spot. Usual group setup is

- heal druid (aka viper if more experienced group) [Very high demand]

- power chrono (boon share support) [Very high demand]

- banner slave (might get replaced by weaver/dps if none available) [Demanded]

- dps [dime a dozen]

- dps

Unless you are dead set on making a new T4 chrono, which is one of the most expensive classes to gear, you might be better off staying on warrior and eventually transitioning to a power warrior setup though condi berserker will be sufficient in most PUG groups.

Otherwise, go for it. Chrono is in high demand for both fractals and raids due to the limited availability of the class.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > 3) How is the acceptance of the Power Chrono DPS on T4s? Staple, desired, meh or nah?

>

> Chrono is brought along for the boon share as support. Please be aware of this when talking about Power Chrono. You most certainly will no be competing with a damage dealers dps as your main focus will be upkeep of boons on your group.

>

> PUG groups asking for chrono, as mentioned by vaxjani, usually are referring to support chrono, not chrono on a dps spot. Usual group setup is

>

> - heal druid (aka viper if more experienced group) [Very high demand]

> - power chrono (boon share support) [Very high demand]

> - banner slave (might get replaced by weaver/dps if none available) [Demanded]

> - dps [dime a dozen]

> - dps

>

> Unless you are dead set on making a new T4 chrono, which is one of the most expensive classes to gear, you might be better off staying on warrior and eventually transitioning to a power warrior setup though condi berserker will be sufficient in most PUG groups.

>

> Otherwise, go for it. Chrono is in high demand for both fractals and raids due to the limited availability of the class.

When people write 'chrono' for a lfg, they want a boon share chrono.

If they look for 'dps' however, power chrono can fill that role.

Power Chrono is a dps spec, that provides no boon support, but instead brings utility and dps comparable to a Holosmith, if he/she is good at it.

> @"Geisterlicht.6083" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > 3) How is the acceptance of the Power Chrono DPS on T4s? Staple, desired, meh or nah?

> >

> > Chrono is brought along for the boon share as support. Please be aware of this when talking about Power Chrono. You most certainly will no be competing with a damage dealers dps as your main focus will be upkeep of boons on your group.

> >

> > PUG groups asking for chrono, as mentioned by vaxjani, usually are referring to support chrono, not chrono on a dps spot. Usual group setup is

> >

> > - heal druid (aka viper if more experienced group) [Very high demand]

> > - power chrono (boon share support) [Very high demand]

> > - banner slave (might get replaced by weaver/dps if none available) [Demanded]

> > - dps [dime a dozen]

> > - dps

> >

> > Unless you are dead set on making a new T4 chrono, which is one of the most expensive classes to gear, you might be better off staying on warrior and eventually transitioning to a power warrior setup though condi berserker will be sufficient in most PUG groups.

> >

> > Otherwise, go for it. Chrono is in high demand for both fractals and raids due to the limited availability of the class.

>

> When people write 'chrono' for a lfg, they want a boon share chrono.

>

>

> If they look for 'dps' however, power chrono can fill that role.

> Power Chrono is a dps spec, that provides no boon support, but instead brings utility and dps comparable to a Holosmith, if he/she is good at it.

>

Oh I stand corrected. My bad, came back 3 weeks ago and must have missed that power chrono is a thing since I usually run the support build.

Proceed then, it actually does make sense to give power chrono a go and maybe transition into support down the line.

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> banners warr strength 3 2 1, disc 1 1 2, tactics 3 3 1 a/a gs

> if you need to remove boons such as no pain no gain or end boss of twilight oasis, bloomhunger, mai trin just replace tactics with spellbreaker m/a a/d

> see rotations in SC site

discipline is: middle-top-top

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Geisterlicht.6083" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > > 3) How is the acceptance of the Power Chrono DPS on T4s? Staple, desired, meh or nah?

> > >

> > > Chrono is brought along for the boon share as support. Please be aware of this when talking about Power Chrono. You most certainly will no be competing with a damage dealers dps as your main focus will be upkeep of boons on your group.

> > >

> > > PUG groups asking for chrono, as mentioned by vaxjani, usually are referring to support chrono, not chrono on a dps spot. Usual group setup is

> > >

> > > - heal druid (aka viper if more experienced group) [Very high demand]

> > > - power chrono (boon share support) [Very high demand]

> > > - banner slave (might get replaced by weaver/dps if none available) [Demanded]

> > > - dps [dime a dozen]

> > > - dps

> > >

> > > Unless you are dead set on making a new T4 chrono, which is one of the most expensive classes to gear, you might be better off staying on warrior and eventually transitioning to a power warrior setup though condi berserker will be sufficient in most PUG groups.

> > >

> > > Otherwise, go for it. Chrono is in high demand for both fractals and raids due to the limited availability of the class.

> >

> > When people write 'chrono' for a lfg, they want a boon share chrono.

> >

> >

> > If they look for 'dps' however, power chrono can fill that role.

> > Power Chrono is a dps spec, that provides no boon support, but instead brings utility and dps comparable to a Holosmith, if he/she is good at it.

> >

>

> Oh I stand corrected. My bad, came back 3 weeks ago and must have missed that power chrono is a thing since I usually run the support build.

>

> Proceed then, it actually does make sense to give power chrono a go and maybe transition into support down the line.

I mained power/hybrid chrono with wells until I got my commander gear for quite a while, and I have to say that this variant is even more demanding to play than the support one. If someone is just getting into the class, I would strongly suggest to just go straight into support build; commander runes, armor and sigil is enough boon duration for fractals after f+p you reach 99%.

If you are running power build with a mix of phanatasms and wells it's what I call the "dungeon/fractal speed" version, this one is probably the most clunky and complicated to execute, and is not something I would recommend starting with unless you have very good experience with all the mechanics, as you have to manage both the boons and your phantasms while not interrupting your melee auto-chain, with good illusion count and is dependent on a well executed CS phase to get most out of it, a lot of things can go wrong playing this build that can drastically lower your (and group) dps. Overall, it's just a lot more complicated than the support variant where you don't have to worry about pulling off extreme value CS with at least 2-3 illusion count.

But if you're running lower tier or dungeons it's arguably still the fastest way of speed clearing, where going full boon support is just overkill and more burst damage would simply be faster. However, it's not really that bursty anyway as it has a long ramp up time, and is doing overkill here as well. It's also why I stopped playing it, a lot of the times it just feels like wasted effort, while playing chrono support does not. You can still play this in daily T4 instead of support build and it does just fine, clear times are about the same if everything goes well (if you don't mind half of your ramped up potential damage being lost during boss phases) but it's just not as consistent and reliable as the boon build is.

That's at least how it is in fractals. I am not doing raids myself, but it just seems like power chrono is much better suited for raids than fractals.

So to answer how is the acceptance of power chrono in T4s? I would go with "meh". There's more suitable dps options simply because of the nature of fractal mechanics, chronos are always in big demand and it's just better for everyone to simply go the support route, it's also going to be easier for you. You could masquerade as a hybrid but there really isn't much point, you'll just be complicating things for yourself.

@"KeoLegend.5132"

All depends on the group you're in. If you are going out of your way to play with other raid metas, the condi banner-slave will be better. If you are running with "chill groups" or just "anyone welcome groups", the power spellbreaker will offer much more self sustain and ability to carry your group through a team wipe.

> @"NeoCodex.2438" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Geisterlicht.6083" said:

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > > > 3) How is the acceptance of the Power Chrono DPS on T4s? Staple, desired, meh or nah?

> > > >

> > > > Chrono is brought along for the boon share as support. Please be aware of this when talking about Power Chrono. You most certainly will no be competing with a damage dealers dps as your main focus will be upkeep of boons on your group.

> > > >

> > > > PUG groups asking for chrono, as mentioned by vaxjani, usually are referring to support chrono, not chrono on a dps spot. Usual group setup is

> > > >

> > > > - heal druid (aka viper if more experienced group) [Very high demand]

> > > > - power chrono (boon share support) [Very high demand]

> > > > - banner slave (might get replaced by weaver/dps if none available) [Demanded]

> > > > - dps [dime a dozen]

> > > > - dps

> > > >

> > > > Unless you are dead set on making a new T4 chrono, which is one of the most expensive classes to gear, you might be better off staying on warrior and eventually transitioning to a power warrior setup though condi berserker will be sufficient in most PUG groups.

> > > >

> > > > Otherwise, go for it. Chrono is in high demand for both fractals and raids due to the limited availability of the class.

> > >

> > > When people write 'chrono' for a lfg, they want a boon share chrono.

> > >

> > >

> > > If they look for 'dps' however, power chrono can fill that role.

> > > Power Chrono is a dps spec, that provides no boon support, but instead brings utility and dps comparable to a Holosmith, if he/she is good at it.

> > >

> >

> > Oh I stand corrected. My bad, came back 3 weeks ago and must have missed that power chrono is a thing since I usually run the support build.

> >

> > Proceed then, it actually does make sense to give power chrono a go and maybe transition into support down the line.

>

> I mained power/hybrid chrono with wells until I got my commander gear for quite a while, and I have to say that this variant is even more demanding to play than the support one. If someone is just getting into the class, I would strongly suggest to just go straight into support build; commander runes, armor and sigil is enough boon duration for fractals after f+p you reach 99%.

>

> If you are running power build with a mix of phanatasms and wells it's what I call the "dungeon/fractal speed" version, this one is probably the most clunky and complicated to execute, and is not something I would recommend starting with unless you have very good experience with all the mechanics, as you have to manage both the boons and your phantasms while not interrupting your melee auto-chain, with good illusion count and is dependent on a well executed CS phase to get most out of it, a lot of things can go wrong playing this build that can drastically lower your (and group) dps. Overall, it's just a lot more complicated than the support variant where you don't have to worry about pulling off extreme value CS with at least 2-3 illusion count.

>

> But if you're running lower tier or dungeons it's arguably still the fastest way of speed clearing, where going full boon support is just overkill and more burst damage would simply be faster. However, it's not really that bursty anyway as it has a long ramp up time, and is doing overkill here as well. It's also why I stopped playing it, a lot of the times it just feels like wasted effort, while playing chrono support does not. You can still play this in daily T4 instead of support build and it does just fine, clear times are about the same if everything goes well (if you don't mind half of your ramped up potential damage being lost during boss phases) but it's just not as consistent and reliable as the boon build is.

>

> That's at least how it is in fractals. I am not doing raids myself, but it just seems like power chrono is much better suited for raids than fractals.

>

Power Chrono as a pure DPS spec is different. I agree that the hybrid variant that also focuses on providing boons, is much more demanding and I would not recommend that to new players.

Here is a (slightly outdated) example of power Chrono DPS:

My rotations have changed quite a bit since I recorded this run, but the base principle behind the spec stayed the same.

> @"spiritualabyss.7016" said:

> Power Chrono as a pure DPS spec is different. I agree that the hybrid variant that also focuses on providing boons, is much more demanding and I would not recommend that to new players.

>

> Here is a (slightly outdated) example of power Chrono DPS:

> My rotations have changed quite a bit since I recorded this run, but the base principle behind the spec stayed the same.

Yeah, I would certainly pick the pure dps for CM, it's actually a fun build, specially if you have dedicated support chrono on team. I never really thought about it this way, never had an opportunity where we had a second dedicated support chrono to fuel it. But OP is just starting with T4s and wants to do dailies, where the power chrono ramp up just won't get as much value and he'll probably be the only mesmer in the group most of the time. So in that regard is what I would say "meh", but as and endgame CM or raid dps class it's certainly a big thing.