What's happened to Maguuma?

misterman.1530

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> > Yeap, everyone is terrible unless you on Mag.

>

> No, don't try and feel special here, he calls everyone on mag terrible as well.

>

>

This is why, I said this is Destro, apparently he didn't get the memo.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mags been locked for like 2 months, this is not comparable to a JQ/BG situation where they were locked/are locked for almost a year lol

You lost your coverage, but have 24/7 roamers which push up your playtime activity, and results in a locked server. Your server does not PPT, so it loses matchups it farms because the other servers cant compete with you PPK wise so they just PPT you to death.

The only one who killed mag is mag itself. And even then it's prob gonna be fixed this friday if they get a link anyway.

This is precisely why you need those k-train commanders. Having a cloudfly or a xushin is important for a healthy server.

> @"Shadows Creed.3902" said:

> I been on mag a long time now. Basically since launch. Based on what I have seen lately. Mag should probably just become a link server not a host server. Little justification even if you go based on playing time that mag is a host server.

Mag is not only locked but has no link.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Shadows Creed.3902" said:

> > I been on mag a long time now. Basically since launch. Based on what I have seen lately. Mag should probably just become a link server not a host server. Little justification even if you go based on playing time that mag is a host server.

>

> Mag is not only locked but has no link.

yeah and before we lost our link team chat was non stop complaining about anyone we were linked with. didn't matter what server the link was it was complaining and wishing we wouldn't be linked.

Can't have it both ways of complain non stop about link and then use it as justification for when getting the crap kicked in without one

As for being locked. it goes back to the above; new players are going to come in and play however they want, people then yell at them so they transfer off.

Mag was strong in the old days not cause it trolled and pushed people off server but cause guilds,commanders,roamers came did their thing were great at it and earned respect and just played the game.

CTH was a ninja guild back in the "glory days" of gvgs and we got along fine with the fight guilds on mag, we came we did our thing; did it the best and played. The new form of Mag is a warped version of what people thought mag was years ago. It is no where near what it was.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> Mags been locked for like 2 months, this is not comparable to a JQ/BG situation where they were locked/are locked for almost a year lol

>

> You lost your coverage, but have 24/7 roamers which push up your playtime activity, and results in a locked server. Your server does not PPT, so it loses matchups it farms because the other servers cant compete with you PPK wise so they just PPT you to death.

>

> The only one who killed mag is mag itself. And even then it's prob gonna be fixed this friday if they get a link anyway.

>

> This is precisely why you need those k-train commanders. Having a cloudfly or a xushin is important for a healthy server.

It's not that servers "PPT them to death" (which is happening), it's that we are playing the game. The game has a score, the score determines the winner. We are playing to win.

Here is an accurate analogy:

American football. Mag has the #1 offense (they say so often), does not make the playoffs, yet claim they are Superbowl Champions.

This is how Mag is playing WvW. The game has a design, some rules, and a scoreboard. Yet, despite being in T4 (like us), they claim they are the winners.

What do you all play to win exactly? To be top server? That doesn't even give you proper bragging rights as we all know it's coverage that gets you the win.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> American football. Mag has the #1 offense (they say so often), does not make the playoffs, yet claim they are Superbowl Champions.

So here's what's funny about your statement. Mag went to t1 with their "#1 offence" and beat the "# 1 server" at the time, a number of times, does that not qualify them as the Superbowl champions? Or I guess they just claimers still right? I guess SoS YB JQ were servers that were never superbowl champions either, just BG huh. Oh wait I guess only in seasons you can claim to be superbowl champions huh.

> What do you all play to win exactly? To be top server? That doesn't even give you proper bragging rights as we all know it's coverage that gets you the win.

>

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > American football. Mag has the #1 offense (they say so often), does not make the playoffs, yet claim they are Superbowl Champions.

>

> So here's what's funny about your statement. Mag went to t1 with their "#1 offence" and beat the "# 1 server" at the time, a number of times, does that not qualify them as the Superbowl champions? Or I guess they just claimers still right? I guess SoS YB JQ were servers that were never superbowl champions either, just BG huh. Oh wait I guess only in seasons you can claim to be superbowl champions huh.

>

>

But, all I keep reading is Mag saying they are "best" every week. But the game rules and score do not support that.

So, the first Super Bowl was held in 1967. The Packers beat the Chiefs. By your reasoning, the Packers can claim to be best every year cause they won once.

In game terms, the Super Bowl is held every week.. Each skirmish counting as part of the regular season.

Let's look at recent matchups not including last week:

JQ was the winner recently

BG was the winner 28 times in a row

Mag was the winner (most recently) 9/22/17-9/29/17 (there is also an 8 week stretch where Mag was on top each week end of 2016)

The point is, you guys can't keep saying that you are Super Bowl Champs every week (years in the analogy) when you haven't won a title in 29 years.

Edit: if it makes you feel better, I don't think TC has ever won. But, we play to win our matchup every week as best we can because that is how the game was designed.

There's this thing called former champions, but I guess it only counts for the current week, brilliant set of rules to support your argument.

Good luck on your quest to win the wvw superbowl, which now has even less meaning as you can't even be called former champions, (sorry BG).

Also where are these people that sayed mag the best every week? where are the ones proclaiming their the wvw champions every week? Feel free to point them out.

> What do you all play to win exactly? To be top server? That doesn't even give you proper bragging rights as we all know it's coverage that gets you the win.

>

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > American football. Mag has the #1 offense (they say so often), does not make the playoffs, yet claim they are Superbowl Champions.

>

> So here's what's funny about your statement. Mag went to t1 with their "#1 offence" and beat the "# 1 server" at the time, a number of times, does that not qualify them as the Superbowl champions? Or I guess they just claimers still right? I guess SoS YB JQ were servers that were never superbowl champions either, just BG huh. Oh wait I guess only in seasons you can claim to be superbowl champions huh.

>

>

Mag went to T1 because of your link server, that actually defended stuff outside of EBG, evidenced by your inability to climb out of T3 when you have no link.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> Mag went to T1 because of your link server, that actually defended stuff outside of EBG, evidenced by your inability to climb out of T3 when you have no link.

Current "wvw superbowl champion" has a link, before that they were down in t4, what's your point?

You guys will try any avenue to discredit mag huh XD

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > Mag went to T1 because of your link server, that actually defended stuff outside of EBG, evidenced by your inability to climb out of T3 when you have no link.

>

> Current "wvw superbowl champion" has a link, before that they were down in t4, what's your point?

> You guys will try any avenue to discredit mag huh XD

>

I guess you missed the whole blackout where JQ made it public that they were tanking to get the server to open up?

But like Ubi said, you guys are all offense. Even with a mediocre defense you guys were bouncing between T1-T2, now with no defense you can't even beat DB, LOL.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> Edit: if it makes you feel better, I don't think TC has ever won. But, we play to win our matchup every week as best we can because that is how the game was designed.

Gate of Madness & Crystal Desert

Kills: 7,134

Deaths: 11,178

Ratio: 0.64

Ehmry Bay & Tarnished Coast

Kills: 10,660

Deaths: 16,804

Ratio: 0.63

Maguuma

Kills: 16,242

Deaths: 7,041

Ratio: 2.31

Does this feel like a win to you?

> Mag went to T1 because of your link server, that actually defended stuff outside of EBG, evidenced by your inability to climb out of T3 when you have no link.

Most of the big name guilds/commanders who carried Mag to t1 were on Mag not the link. Almost all of them are gone now or barely play the game anymore.

The link was a nice supplement but I think it was ultimately unnecessary at that point in time, Xushin saw to that.

Nowadays it's true that Mag usually gets a bunch of bandwagon PPT trash whenever there's a link but they get ridiculed so hard they usually leave the server or stop playing if they can't win fights. In this way Mag filters its trash to some degree and prevents ppt tryharding.

Still, it's a coverage thing, It's always a coverage thing. If Mag had any significant OCX/SEA presence it would probably be in t2 whether NA played or not.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > Edit: if it makes you feel better, I don't think TC has ever won. But, we play to win our matchup every week as best we can because that is how the game was designed.

>

> Gate of Madness & Crystal Desert

> Kills: 7,134

> Deaths: 11,178

> Ratio: 0.64

> Ehmry Bay & Tarnished Coast

> Kills: 10,660

> Deaths: 16,804

> Ratio: 0.63

> Maguuma

> Kills: 16,242

> Deaths: 7,041

> Ratio: 2.31

>

> Does this feel like a win to you?

Every major sport in existence...person with the highest score on the scoreboard at the end of the game wins.

It doesn't matter if you have 1000 yards rushing, if the other team scores more points, has a higher score on the board, they win.

This isn't pvp.

Anet designed the game, and victory points is the scoreboard that determines who wins each week.

TC 117

CD 92

Mag 79

Yes, we are winning this matchup. It is the way the game is designed. Nothing you say will change the rules of the game the way Anet designed it to be. We constantly throw bodies to their deaths to try to contest, knowing it means our kills/deaths ratio is gonna suck. But the scoreboard is what it is.

I will point out that "winning" T4 is nothing to brag about, but we are actually trying to win the game the way it was designed every week. Past few months alone we have gone from T4 to T1 and back down again. It is what it is.

> @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > Edit: if it makes you feel better, I don't think TC has ever won. But, we play to win our matchup every week as best we can because that is how the game was designed.

> >

> > Gate of Madness & Crystal Desert

> > Kills: 7,134

> > Deaths: 11,178

> > Ratio: 0.64

> > Ehmry Bay & Tarnished Coast

> > Kills: 10,660

> > Deaths: 16,804

> > Ratio: 0.63

> > Maguuma

> > Kills: 16,242

> > Deaths: 7,041

> > Ratio: 2.31

> >

> > Does this feel like a win to you?

>

> Every major sport in existence...person with the highest score on the scoreboard at the end of the game wins.

> It doesn't matter if you have 1000 yards rushing, if the other team scores more points, has a higher score on the board, they win.

> This isn't pvp.

>

> Anet designed the game, and victory points is the scoreboard that determines who wins each week.

> TC 117

> CD 92

> Mag 79

>

> Yes, we are winning this matchup. It is the way the game is designed. Nothing you say will change the rules of the game the way Anet designed it to be. We constantly throw bodies to their deaths to try to contest, knowing it means our kills/deaths ratio is gonna suck. But the scoreboard is what it is.

> I will point out that "winning" T4 is nothing to brag about, but we are actually trying to win the game the way it was designed every week. Past few months alone we have gone from T4 to T1 and back down again. It is what it is.

But does it feel like a win if you're getting farmed like mobs whenever you actually have to fight? Is that PPT win really worth it to you?

What's significant about this week is that we might've seen a host/guest switch, the first in nearly 2 years as a matter of fact. A loss by Mag this week is looking more like CD will move out of 12th position, thus lowering the odds that they'll be replaced.

I can't speak to the current state of Mag and I really don't care, but if this week was somehow orchastrated and what could've been a fresh host and a little variety is affected as a result, then that''s not just a Mag problem, that's everyone's problem, because OUR next 2 months shouldn't be affected so heavily by who chooses or doesn't choose to play the game.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > Edit: if it makes you feel better, I don't think TC has ever won. But, we play to win our matchup every week as best we can because that is how the game was designed.

> > >

> > > Gate of Madness & Crystal Desert

> > > Kills: 7,134

> > > Deaths: 11,178

> > > Ratio: 0.64

> > > Ehmry Bay & Tarnished Coast

> > > Kills: 10,660

> > > Deaths: 16,804

> > > Ratio: 0.63

> > > Maguuma

> > > Kills: 16,242

> > > Deaths: 7,041

> > > Ratio: 2.31

> > >

> > > Does this feel like a win to you?

> >

> > Every major sport in existence...person with the highest score on the scoreboard at the end of the game wins.

> > It doesn't matter if you have 1000 yards rushing, if the other team scores more points, has a higher score on the board, they win.

> > This isn't pvp.

> >

> > Anet designed the game, and victory points is the scoreboard that determines who wins each week.

> > TC 117

> > CD 92

> > Mag 79

> >

> > Yes, we are winning this matchup. It is the way the game is designed. Nothing you say will change the rules of the game the way Anet designed it to be. We constantly throw bodies to their deaths to try to contest, knowing it means our kills/deaths ratio is gonna suck. But the scoreboard is what it is.

> > I will point out that "winning" T4 is nothing to brag about, but we are actually trying to win the game the way it was designed every week. Past few months alone we have gone from T4 to T1 and back down again. It is what it is.

>

> But does it feel like a win if you're getting farmed like mobs whenever you actually have to fight? Is that PPT win really worth it to you?

My personal KDR is 3-10 depending on the week. I am here to help the team get the highest score on the scoreboard I can. And yes, I have thrown myself into a camp ring 1 or 2 vs 5+ many times, ran back a few times, just long enough for a few of us to hold it till we can get numbers to repel. Those are wins. The game says at the end of the week whether we won or lost...not whether or not a team died more. Kills and deaths are irrelevant stats.

I have been on TC since launch, and wvw is about all I do (I finish diamond on multiple accounts per week most weeks). KDR is not a "skill" stat. Most of the time it is a "number of players on tag" stat. if you always have more players, you will always have a higher KDR (thanks to downstate, blob can res itself).

A really good example is Saturday morning in SMC. TC had smc at T3. The first half of that skirmish TC was at 1.96, Mag was at 1.03. We had more people.

The end of that skirmish TC had a 1.21 and Mag had a 1.29. About equal numbers at that point. Numbers win fights. And yes, I have seen Mag field a 10 man comp, tons of sustain and CC, while 15 randoms throw themselves over and over at it...that was last night at Valley, while 4 of us sat on the wall making commentary about how the Zap Brannigan approach wasn't going to work. It is what it is. The winner is still determined by the scoreboard (victory points).

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > > Edit: if it makes you feel better, I don't think TC has ever won. But, we play to win our matchup every week as best we can because that is how the game was designed.

> > >

> > > Gate of Madness & Crystal Desert

> > > Kills: 7,134

> > > Deaths: 11,178

> > > Ratio: 0.64

> > > Ehmry Bay & Tarnished Coast

> > > Kills: 10,660

> > > Deaths: 16,804

> > > Ratio: 0.63

> > > Maguuma

> > > Kills: 16,242

> > > Deaths: 7,041

> > > Ratio: 2.31

> > >

> > > Does this feel like a win to you?

> >

> > Every major sport in existence...person with the highest score on the scoreboard at the end of the game wins.

> > It doesn't matter if you have 1000 yards rushing, if the other team scores more points, has a higher score on the board, they win.

> > This isn't pvp.

> >

> > Anet designed the game, and victory points is the scoreboard that determines who wins each week.

> > TC 117

> > CD 92

> > Mag 79

> >

> > Yes, we are winning this matchup. It is the way the game is designed. Nothing you say will change the rules of the game the way Anet designed it to be. We constantly throw bodies to their deaths to try to contest, knowing it means our kills/deaths ratio is gonna suck. But the scoreboard is what it is.

> > I will point out that "winning" T4 is nothing to brag about, but we are actually trying to win the game the way it was designed every week. Past few months alone we have gone from T4 to T1 and back down again. It is what it is.

>

> But does it feel like a win if you're getting farmed like mobs whenever you actually have to fight? Is that PPT win really worth it to you?

I mean clearly yes lol. Some people don't care for fighting, roaming, or kda in the way mag obsesses over it. They just want to "win". Now winning is pretty meaningless now-a-days, but it still feels good to "win" together. If that's through PPT, it's through PPT.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> What's significant about this week is that we might've seen a host/guest switch, the first in nearly 2 years as a matter of fact. A loss by Mag this week is looking more like CD will move out of 12th position, thus lowering the odds that they'll be replaced.

>

> I can't speak to the current state of Mag and I really don't care, but if this week was somehow orchastrated and what could've been a fresh host and a little variety is affected as a result, then that''s not just a Mag problem, that's everyone's problem, because OUR next 2 months shouldn't be affected so heavily by who chooses or doesn't choose to play the game.

Either CD or DB will be replaced for sure, but it's just a matter of which is more active at this point. Kaineng is bigger than both now and DB has two links versus CD one. CD has also been a high population server last month alone, where as DB has been medium for many months now.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> > What's significant about this week is that we might've seen a host/guest switch, the first in nearly 2 years as a matter of fact. A loss by Mag this week is looking more like CD will move out of 12th position, thus lowering the odds that they'll be replaced.

> >

> > I can't speak to the current state of Mag and I really don't care, but if this week was somehow orchastrated and what could've been a fresh host and a little variety is affected as a result, then that''s not just a Mag problem, that's everyone's problem, because OUR next 2 months shouldn't be affected so heavily by who chooses or doesn't choose to play the game.

>

> Either CD or DB will be replaced for sure, but it's just a matter of which is more active at this point. Kaineng is bigger than both now and DB has two links versus CD one. CD has also been a high population server last month alone, where as DB has been medium for many months now.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see a host server drop, not sure whether it will ever happen though. Past couple weeks I have felt like that should be the case, guess we will see.

> @"Shadows Creed.3902" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Shadows Creed.3902" said:

> > > I been on mag a long time now. Basically since launch. Based on what I have seen lately. Mag should probably just become a link server not a host server. Little justification even if you go based on playing time that mag is a host server.

> >

> > Mag is not only locked but has no link.

>

> yeah and before we lost our link team chat was non stop complaining about anyone we were linked with. didn't matter what server the link was it was complaining and wishing we wouldn't be linked.

>

> Can't have it both ways of complain non stop about link and then use it as justification for when getting the crap kicked in without one

>

> As for being locked. it goes back to the above; new players are going to come in and play however they want, people then yell at them so they transfer off.

>

> Mag was strong in the old days not cause it trolled and pushed people off server but cause guilds,commanders,roamers came did their thing were great at it and earned respect and just played the game.

>

> CTH was a ninja guild back in the "glory days" of gvgs and we got along fine with the fight guilds on mag, we came we did our thing; did it the best and played. The new form of Mag is a warped version of what people thought mag was years ago. It is no where near what it was.

>

>

^This.

Screed gets it.

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > What do you all play to win exactly? To be top server? That doesn't even give you proper bragging rights as we all know it's coverage that gets you the win.

> >

> > > @"Ubi.4136" said:

> > > American football. Mag has the #1 offense (they say so often), does not make the playoffs, yet claim they are Superbowl Champions.

> >

> > So here's what's funny about your statement. Mag went to t1 with their "#1 offence" and beat the "# 1 server" at the time, a number of times, does that not qualify them as the Superbowl champions? Or I guess they just claimers still right? I guess SoS YB JQ were servers that were never superbowl champions either, just BG huh. Oh wait I guess only in seasons you can claim to be superbowl champions huh.

> >

> >

>

Wrong, MAG went to T1 to break it because there was nothing else worth fighting. They chased the BG rabbits to EOTM, with fluffy bunny tails between their legs. Fun times.