What will people do on these maps after few weeks?

Evil.1580

To all those that have alredy "finished" POF ... How long did it take you to "finish" HOT? I imagine a bit longer, so let's say three weeks to finish story, most of the hero or masstery points and certain percentage of achievements.

So, what have you been doing since then? Playing events, according to you. But that means you were playing the same content over and over again. Well, you can do the same in POF. It's just different content. I understand and somewhat agree that big meta events are not as engaging as the events we've seen in POF so far, but unlike HOT there are other things you can do in POF. If you have to aks what those other things are, you are part of the problem.

Like they did with HOT and adjusted it to more casual play several weeks or months after the launch, they will add some big or medium events in POF or LF4 maps.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that PoF feels lackluster when it comes to post story content. My solution to it is to take my damn time with the story. Do it very slowly on more than one character and pretend there is no "past the story"... Seriously though, I am taking my time with story for that exact reason. I can see myself going back to Hot maps on regular basis once I am done with the story, since there is very little to no reason to farm anything in PoF content (I only farm for personal use, not TP, so I don't have to go out of my way to farm professionally, which seems to be the only thing new maps are good for with their overabundance of materials).

> @symke.3105 said:

> To all those that have alredy "finished" POF ... How long did it take you to "finish" HOT? I imagine a bit longer, so let's say three weeks to finish story, most of the hero or masstery points and certain percentage of achievements.

>

> So, what have you been doing since then? Playing events, according to you. But that means you were playing the same content over and over again. Well, you can do the same in POF. It's just different content. I understand and somewhat agree that big meta events are not as engaging as the events we've seen in POF so far, but unlike HOT there are other things you can do in POF. If you have to aks what those other things are, you are part of the problem.

>

> Like they did with HOT and adjusted it to more casual play several weeks or months after the launch, they will add some big or medium events in POF or LF4 maps.

It is a matter of opinion, and my personal opinion is that although yes, playing events over and over, regardless of map or expansion, is the standard post-story play, thus there is no difference in the concept itself between these expansions. There is one fundamental difference between HoT maps and PoF maps though. HoT maps are dynamic, as I could be doing my thing and then see something pop up in vicinity that I might feel like participating in, while PoF maps are very static, with most things having to be initiated. To me personally, the dynamic nature of HoT maps makes them that much more fun, interesting and appealing, while PoF maps I personally, find rather boring.

> @Vladish.3940 said:

> > @symke.3105 said:

> > To all those that have alredy "finished" POF ... How long did it take you to "finish" HOT? I imagine a bit longer, so let's say three weeks to finish story, most of the hero or masstery points and certain percentage of achievements.

> >

> > So, what have you been doing since then? Playing events, according to you. But that means you were playing the same content over and over again. Well, you can do the same in POF. It's just different content. I understand and somewhat agree that big meta events are not as engaging as the events we've seen in POF so far, but unlike HOT there are other things you can do in POF. If you have to aks what those other things are, you are part of the problem.

> >

> > Like they did with HOT and adjusted it to more casual play several weeks or months after the launch, they will add some big or medium events in POF or LF4 maps.

>

> It is a matter of opinion, and my personal opinion is that although yes, playing events over and over, regardless of map or expansion, is the standard post-story play, thus there is no difference in the concept itself between these expansions. There is one fundamental difference between HoT maps and PoF maps though. HoT maps are dynamic, as I could be doing my thing and then see something pop up in vicinity that I might feel like participating in, while PoF maps are very static, with most things having to be initiated. To me personally, the dynamic nature of HoT maps makes them that much more fun, interesting and appealing, while PoF maps I personally, find rather boring.

I agree. Which is why I would like them to design next zones as a combination of HOT and POF. The ease of POF zone design combined with dynamics of HOT meta events. The biggest HOT downfalls, imo, were the difficulty in traveling the zones, barely useable map as a tool and the design of meta events being the basics for it all.

> @symke.3105 said:

> > @Vladish.3940 said:

> > > @symke.3105 said:

> > > To all those that have alredy "finished" POF ... How long did it take you to "finish" HOT? I imagine a bit longer, so let's say three weeks to finish story, most of the hero or masstery points and certain percentage of achievements.

> > >

> > > So, what have you been doing since then? Playing events, according to you. But that means you were playing the same content over and over again. Well, you can do the same in POF. It's just different content. I understand and somewhat agree that big meta events are not as engaging as the events we've seen in POF so far, but unlike HOT there are other things you can do in POF. If you have to aks what those other things are, you are part of the problem.

> > >

> > > Like they did with HOT and adjusted it to more casual play several weeks or months after the launch, they will add some big or medium events in POF or LF4 maps.

> >

> > It is a matter of opinion, and my personal opinion is that although yes, playing events over and over, regardless of map or expansion, is the standard post-story play, thus there is no difference in the concept itself between these expansions. There is one fundamental difference between HoT maps and PoF maps though. HoT maps are dynamic, as I could be doing my thing and then see something pop up in vicinity that I might feel like participating in, while PoF maps are very static, with most things having to be initiated. To me personally, the dynamic nature of HoT maps makes them that much more fun, interesting and appealing, while PoF maps I personally, find rather boring.

>

> I agree. Which is why I would like them to design next zones as a combination of HOT and POF. The ease of POF zone design combined with dynamics of HOT meta events. The biggest HOT downfalls, imo, were the difficulty in traveling the zones, barely useable map as a tool and the design of meta events being the basics for it all.

This made hot maps full 2 years (some liked the events, some were farming them for legendaries). If nothing changes here PoF maps won't last 1/8 of that time - no mats that drop specifically from bounties, required for an endgame item, no such feeling as being a part of 100 people event, killing huge monsters. You don't have to be a genius to see this. Soon, a lot of people will go back to hot maps/world boss killing and the rest will feel super lonely in PoF, combine it with the big maps and you get the feeling of an empty map. And even then these people won't agree with people like me - they will just quit the game and go play something else or follow the steps of the rest.

> @Terra.9506 said:

> farm gold for griffon - -

Best gold farming methods don't include PoF, sadly. And running 2-3 hours in a circle, hoping from waypoint to board and from a board to bounty just to reach the monster and kill it for 5-10 mins is super boring, not dynamic at all. The most dynamic thing in this is the changing affixes of the monster. Not to mention that even if you know the mechanics, most people don't even care - the monster will die anyway, they can die 1000 times, nothing will change. I see more and more people that are in a group make 1 burst to the monster and go a little far away semi afk until the fight finish, then go to the next. VERY INTERESTING and CHALLENGING, indeed.

Um, events? As on all the other maps?

I fail to see where doing 20 events end to end changes much just because some maps only have a single option what event 4 will be after you did event 3 because there's a forced connecting meta to it.

It's as if players forgot how to handle freedom of choice in MMORPGs due to years of exposure to WoW. O.o

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > @symke.3105 said:

> > > @Vladish.3940 said:

> > > > @symke.3105 said:

> > > > To all those that have alredy "finished" POF ... How long did it take you to "finish" HOT? I imagine a bit longer, so let's say three weeks to finish story, most of the hero or masstery points and certain percentage of achievements.

> > > >

> > > > So, what have you been doing since then? Playing events, according to you. But that means you were playing the same content over and over again. Well, you can do the same in POF. It's just different content. I understand and somewhat agree that big meta events are not as engaging as the events we've seen in POF so far, but unlike HOT there are other things you can do in POF. If you have to aks what those other things are, you are part of the problem.

> > > >

> > > > Like they did with HOT and adjusted it to more casual play several weeks or months after the launch, they will add some big or medium events in POF or LF4 maps.

> > >

> > > It is a matter of opinion, and my personal opinion is that although yes, playing events over and over, regardless of map or expansion, is the standard post-story play, thus there is no difference in the concept itself between these expansions. There is one fundamental difference between HoT maps and PoF maps though. HoT maps are dynamic, as I could be doing my thing and then see something pop up in vicinity that I might feel like participating in, while PoF maps are very static, with most things having to be initiated. To me personally, the dynamic nature of HoT maps makes them that much more fun, interesting and appealing, while PoF maps I personally, find rather boring.

> >

> > I agree. Which is why I would like them to design next zones as a combination of HOT and POF. The ease of POF zone design combined with dynamics of HOT meta events. The biggest HOT downfalls, imo, were the difficulty in traveling the zones, barely useable map as a tool and the design of meta events being the basics for it all.

>

> This made hot maps full 2 years (some liked the events, some were farming them for legendaries). If nothing changes here PoF maps won't last 1/8 of that time - no mats that drop specifically from bounties, required for an endgame item, no such feeling as being a part of 100 people event, killing huge monsters. You don't have to be a genius to see this. Soon, a lot of people will go back to hot maps/world boss killing and the rest will feel super lonely in PoF, combine it with the big maps and you get the feeling of an empty map. And even then these people won't agree with people like me - they will just quit the game and go play something else or follow the steps of the rest.

Many people absolutely hated the HoT maps, for everything you are praising them for. There are also people who flat out skipped HoT some that haven't even attempted all the metas and prefer pre HoT content, they are still here and playing.

Huge Meta events, reliance on others, and long material grinds are not the only way to make this game fun to players. Else we would have never made It to HoT in first place.

Besides there is a lot of map now, and we will still regular updates. The updates will continue to give you more things to do.

> @symke.3105 said:

> > @Tulten.4569 said:

> > I've done the story, gotten all the mounts and done a lot of bounty farms.

> > Now what?

> > I'm kinda struggling to find anything to do now. :/

>

> What were you doint before POF?

Playing other games, waiting for PoF.

Guild Wars 2: The Waiting Game.

> @Tulten.4569 said:

> > @symke.3105 said:

> > > @Tulten.4569 said:

> > > I've done the story, gotten all the mounts and done a lot of bounty farms.

> > > Now what?

> > > I'm kinda struggling to find anything to do now. :/

> >

> > What were you doint before POF?

>

> Playing other games, waiting for PoF.

> Guild Wars 2: The Waiting Game.

Fair enough. What were you doing in those other games?

> @Tulten.4569 said:

> I've done the story, gotten all the mounts and done a lot of bounty farms.

> Now what?

> I'm kinda struggling to find anything to do now. :/

and what did you do after you've done the HoT content?

there is no subscription fee for GW2. if there is nothing for you to do, you can play something else and relog when the next living story hits.

the price for the expansions are equivalent to a good meal in a restaurant, and that is over in 2-3 hours. also name a game, for the same price, where you spent more time till you deemed it done.

> @Lokki.1092 said:

> > @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > > @symke.3105 said:

> > > > @Vladish.3940 said:

> > > > > @symke.3105 said:

> > > > > To all those that have alredy "finished" POF ... How long did it take you to "finish" HOT? I imagine a bit longer, so let's say three weeks to finish story, most of the hero or masstery points and certain percentage of achievements.

> > > > >

> > > > > So, what have you been doing since then? Playing events, according to you. But that means you were playing the same content over and over again. Well, you can do the same in POF. It's just different content. I understand and somewhat agree that big meta events are not as engaging as the events we've seen in POF so far, but unlike HOT there are other things you can do in POF. If you have to aks what those other things are, you are part of the problem.

> > > > >

> > > > > Like they did with HOT and adjusted it to more casual play several weeks or months after the launch, they will add some big or medium events in POF or LF4 maps.

> > > >

> > > > It is a matter of opinion, and my personal opinion is that although yes, playing events over and over, regardless of map or expansion, is the standard post-story play, thus there is no difference in the concept itself between these expansions. There is one fundamental difference between HoT maps and PoF maps though. HoT maps are dynamic, as I could be doing my thing and then see something pop up in vicinity that I might feel like participating in, while PoF maps are very static, with most things having to be initiated. To me personally, the dynamic nature of HoT maps makes them that much more fun, interesting and appealing, while PoF maps I personally, find rather boring.

> > >

> > > I agree. Which is why I would like them to design next zones as a combination of HOT and POF. The ease of POF zone design combined with dynamics of HOT meta events. The biggest HOT downfalls, imo, were the difficulty in traveling the zones, barely useable map as a tool and the design of meta events being the basics for it all.

> >

> > This made hot maps full 2 years (some liked the events, some were farming them for legendaries). If nothing changes here PoF maps won't last 1/8 of that time - no mats that drop specifically from bounties, required for an endgame item, no such feeling as being a part of 100 people event, killing huge monsters. You don't have to be a genius to see this. Soon, a lot of people will go back to hot maps/world boss killing and the rest will feel super lonely in PoF, combine it with the big maps and you get the feeling of an empty map. And even then these people won't agree with people like me - they will just quit the game and go play something else or follow the steps of the rest.

>

>

>

> Many people absolutely hated the HoT maps, for everything you are praising them for. There are also people who flat out skipped HoT some that haven't even attempted all the metas and prefer pre HoT content, they are still here and playing.

>

> Huge Meta events, reliance on others, and long material grinds are not the only way to make this game fun to players. Else we would have never made It to HoT in first place.

>

> Besides there is a lot of map now, and we will still regular updates. The updates will continue to give you more things to do.

We will soon see which type of players are more.

I'll repeat myself - HoT maps were FULL 2 years and will be most likely more populated than PoF very soon. Let's see how the "meta haters" will be filling PoF maps next 2 years if they don't add such content there.

P.S If this wasn't major problem there wouldn't be so many threads about this and also every comment in the official feedback thread to be about adding such content. There wouldn't be so much talk about this if so MANY people were ok with this change. To me, it seems that MANY people aren't ok with this.

I don't dislike the stuff in GW2, in fact I love what's there, it's just that I crave more. I have 54 characters and I love leveling and the combat in this game is my favorite among all of today's MMOs.

What I feel GW2 is lacking is a goal, some point to it all. Now it's just find the best way to farm gold to buy skins for stuff. That just feels "meh".

The hardest content mostly just offers skins I tend not to care about.

I need more time sinks and not money sinks. Maybe something like player housing that uses the scribe profession, with unique items scattered across the old content. Collecting cats just isn't enough for me.

When I do stuff in other games I'm rewarded in some form. Here it's "You did a thing, good job. Now do it 10000 more times to get 1 achievement point."

I dunno... I wanna play the game but as I said I'm having a hard time finding something to do.

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> P.S If this wasn't major problem there wouldn't be so many threads about this and also every comment in the official feedback thread to be also about adding such content. There wouldn't be so much talk about this if so MANY people were ok with this change. To me, it seems that MANY people aren't ok with this.

the forum and its threads are never representative for the whole community, as it is the place for lovers and haters to meet. there is a silent majority, who never express their opinion in an forum (and people like me who like to add fuel to the fire and eat popcorn)

> @Tulten.4569 said:

> I don't dislike the stuff in GW2, in fact I love what's there, it's just that I crave more. I have 54 characters and I love leveling and the combat in this game is my favorite among all of today's MMOs.

> What I feel GW2 is lacking is a goal, some point to it all. Now it's just find the best way to farm gold to buy skins for stuff. That just feels "meh".

> The hardest content mostly just offers skins I tend not to care about.

> I need more time sinks and not money sinks. Maybe something like player housing that uses the scribe profession, with unique items scattered across the old content. Collecting cats just isn't enough for me.

> When I do stuff in other games I'm rewarded in some form. Here it's "You did a thing, good job. Now do it 10000 more times to get 1 achievement point."

> I dunno... I wanna play the game but as I said I'm having a hard time finding something to do.

54 characters, wooooow ! :)

> @Shadowresli.3782 said:

> > @bOTEB.1573 said:

>

> > P.S If this wasn't major problem there wouldn't be so many threads about this and also every comment in the official feedback thread to be also about adding such content. There wouldn't be so much talk about this if so MANY people were ok with this change. To me, it seems that MANY people aren't ok with this.

>

> the forum and its threads are never representative for the whole community, as it is the place for lovers and haters to meet. there is a silent majority, who never express their opinion in an forum (and people like me who like to add fuel to the fire and eat popcorn)

Yet when so many not-representative threads appeared about Heart of Thorns it forced Anet to make changes with LS3 and PoF. Maybe the same can happen again

The forum is a nice place to express an opinion and communicate with other players and staff members. This makes the game changes more accurate. We can't decide what happens to the game but we can surely express our opinion with strong arguments, which can give some ideas to the devs. I hope this is why there is an official feedback thread.

> @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > @Lokki.1092 said:

> > > @bOTEB.1573 said:

> > > > @symke.3105 said:

> > > > > @Vladish.3940 said:

> > > > > > @symke.3105 said:

> > > > > > To all those that have alredy "finished" POF ... How long did it take you to "finish" HOT? I imagine a bit longer, so let's say three weeks to finish story, most of the hero or masstery points and certain percentage of achievements.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So, what have you been doing since then? Playing events, according to you. But that means you were playing the same content over and over again. Well, you can do the same in POF. It's just different content. I understand and somewhat agree that big meta events are not as engaging as the events we've seen in POF so far, but unlike HOT there are other things you can do in POF. If you have to aks what those other things are, you are part of the problem.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Like they did with HOT and adjusted it to more casual play several weeks or months after the launch, they will add some big or medium events in POF or LF4 maps.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is a matter of opinion, and my personal opinion is that although yes, playing events over and over, regardless of map or expansion, is the standard post-story play, thus there is no difference in the concept itself between these expansions. There is one fundamental difference between HoT maps and PoF maps though. HoT maps are dynamic, as I could be doing my thing and then see something pop up in vicinity that I might feel like participating in, while PoF maps are very static, with most things having to be initiated. To me personally, the dynamic nature of HoT maps makes them that much more fun, interesting and appealing, while PoF maps I personally, find rather boring.

> > > >

> > > > I agree. Which is why I would like them to design next zones as a combination of HOT and POF. The ease of POF zone design combined with dynamics of HOT meta events. The biggest HOT downfalls, imo, were the difficulty in traveling the zones, barely useable map as a tool and the design of meta events being the basics for it all.

> > >

> > > This made hot maps full 2 years (some liked the events, some were farming them for legendaries). If nothing changes here PoF maps won't last 1/8 of that time - no mats that drop specifically from bounties, required for an endgame item, no such feeling as being a part of 100 people event, killing huge monsters. You don't have to be a genius to see this. Soon, a lot of people will go back to hot maps/world boss killing and the rest will feel super lonely in PoF, combine it with the big maps and you get the feeling of an empty map. And even then these people won't agree with people like me - they will just quit the game and go play something else or follow the steps of the rest.

> >

> >

> >

> > Many people absolutely hated the HoT maps, for everything you are praising them for. There are also people who flat out skipped HoT some that haven't even attempted all the metas and prefer pre HoT content, they are still here and playing.

> >

> > Huge Meta events, reliance on others, and long material grinds are not the only way to make this game fun to players. Else we would have never made It to HoT in first place.

> >

> > Besides there is a lot of map now, and we will still regular updates. The updates will continue to give you more things to do.

>

> We will soon see which type of players are more.

>

> I'll repeat myself - HoT maps were FULL 2 years and will be most likely more populated than PoF very soon. Let's see how the "meta haters" will be filling PoF maps next 2 years if they don't add such content there.

>

> P.S If this wasn't major problem there wouldn't be so many threads about this and also every comment in the official feedback thread to be about adding such content. There wouldn't be so much talk about this if so MANY people were ok with this change. To me, it seems that MANY people aren't ok with this.

You are correct, many people are not OK with this change. Just like many people were not OK with the HoT changes to map structure. Surely you remember the numerous many page threads about that, some of them made just weeks ago as players agonized over how difficult PoF would be, because HoT was simply too hard for them to play.

Those people are currently having a blast in PoF (except for a few boss fights) and are not here on the forums complaining. Just like you were not on the forums complaining about the HoT maps.

> @Tulten.4569 said:

> I don't dislike the stuff in GW2, in fact I love what's there, it's just that I crave more. I have 54 characters and I love leveling and the combat in this game is my favorite among all of today's MMOs.

> What I feel GW2 is lacking is a goal, some point to it all. Now it's just find the best way to farm gold to buy skins for stuff. That just feels "meh".

> The hardest content mostly just offers skins I tend not to care about.

> I need more time sinks and not money sinks. Maybe something like player housing that uses the scribe profession, with unique items scattered across the old content. Collecting cats just isn't enough for me.

> When I do stuff in other games I'm rewarded in some form. Here it's "You did a thing, good job. Now do it 10000 more times to get 1 achievement point."

> I dunno... I wanna play the game but as I said I'm having a hard time finding something to do.

You have 54 characters and yet you say after few weeks of an expansion you move onto other games while waiting for new content? I doubt you are playing all 54 characters so why make them? Sorry it's just personal curiosity, not a critique.

You say that you want time sinks. We have Fractals, raids, events, metas, world bosses, achievements, dailies, farmable materials/skins/gear. None of that is exclusive to GW2, EVERY MMOrpgs end game is just that. You say you don't care about skins, fair enough, that's only one of many contents in this game to strive for though. Farming and "boring" repetition of same stuff is part of every game.

You want housing? You know what, I think that's a cool idea, even if they implemented it only as an item that lets you make your personal pocket dimension, but... personal house instance in major cities sort of fills that niche. You fill it with stuff you farmed in the world (cats, MoX, nodes, merchants, so on).

I agree, if you only play for the story, that's a good reason to finish content, and move on until the next content comes out. That's how I play it too. I personally don't do much aside from story stuff, and that's my choice, but it's not fair to say there is nothing to do. You have to consider that not everyone is like you, a hardcore gamer with huge pockets of time on his hands.

"I've done the story, gotten all the mounts and done a lot of bounty farms.

Now what?

I'm kinda struggling to find anything to do now."

All that content you mentioned will take me weeks if not months as a casual gamer. Maybe not trying to "finish" the game as fast as you can would be better approach for you. Maybe playing a few games at a time and dividing the time among them so you don't end up "rushing" through them would be of help?

I mean, we are only week into expansion, and I am still working on my story, let alone all the rest of stuff like skins, mounts, bounties, achievements, and so on, that I have left for later.

There are just some suggestions I got for you. Just trying to help you find a way to maybe enjoy the game more, so you don't have to feel like there is nothing to do.

Cheers and gg brutha