My feeling for Mirage in PvP and some suggestions

Exciton.8942

Played quite a bit of mirage this weekend. Overall feeling is positive. But I still hope some improvement in some aspects

Mirage overall makes mesmer even harder to catch. With the amount of damage avoidance, you can go for more offensive options in core mesmer traits.

Mirage cloak:

This is simply amazing with 1 sec evade + superspeed. This is the core concept of mirage and I think it is working perfectly.

Mirage mirror:

A bit more useable now but most utility skills that create those mirrors are still not worth using. The damage and weakness application part is pretty useless. I think one possibility is to have them remove 1 condition upon touching. The other one would be have you recover sth like 15 endurance upon touching them

Ambush skill:

Most of them are just bad. The only exception is sword ambush which is amazing. It provides mobility/clone and synergy with a lot of core mesmer traits.

But other ambush skills are way too weak and are not worth casting at all.

GS ambush needs to do A LOT more damage. Currently it barely does more than autoattack. Why should I waste dodge to get such a weak attack.

Staff ambush needs to track target. Currently one is too clunky. Also this is a skill that will never hit moving target.

Traits:

Most traits are good.

Mirage mantle is garbage. It has some synergy with infinite horizon as the illusions can also get protection. I think such function should exist even w/o IH. The protection is also too short. At least make it longer for the illusions.

Infinite horizon is not as strong as some ppl perceives. I think a lot of our ambushes skills are also under tuned because this trait exists.

Utilities:

They become much better due to the buff on self-deception trait.

Jaunt is decent due to the clone generation. But it is really bad w/o the trait. It seems to do a lot: damage, teleport, condi removal. But you seldom gets all the benefit due to the short range. It is also very clunky to play with as you tend to fail the port a lot due to its extremely short range. Elites are supposed to be high-impact skills.

Mirage advance should have 0 cast time. Thief has a much stronger version of it on sword 2 w/o cast time. This is a utility that has 25 sec CD so it shouldn't be this clunky to use.

Mirage ambush should give 1 sec cloak just to be normalized with everything else.

The heal skill spawns mirror after 3 sec. This is too long. Should make it 1 sec.