Necro/Scourge/Reaper enlighten me

Yeldo.4576

> @"Scarran.9845" said:

> With the mid-season balance patch being stated that it will be arriving soon. It was stated in a recent discussion on massively that they are still looking to tune down Scourge even more in PvP and WvW. So I wouldn't get too used to using Scourge in at least sPvP as I imagine its going to be a bumpy ride for the class, I would like for them to just concentrate on making us the heavy support spec that they touted it was, rather than nerfing everything and leaving the spec gutted.

>

> From the very start I knew this spec was badly thought out and I knew it was going to end up hurting the class overall, because unless they plan splitting traits out even more to be specific for Scourge its just turning a clusterf* of a class into an even more mess.

First mesmer, guard and spellbreaker need a tune down before they even touch scourge.

Yes scourge can be really strong. But you basically need 2 people.

A scourge alone is the most crap profession to fight on

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Scarran.9845" said:

> > With the mid-season balance patch being stated that it will be arriving soon. It was stated in a recent discussion on massively that they are still looking to tune down Scourge even more in PvP and WvW. So I wouldn't get too used to using Scourge in at least sPvP as I imagine its going to be a bumpy ride for the class, I would like for them to just concentrate on making us the heavy support spec that they touted it was, rather than nerfing everything and leaving the spec gutted.

> >

> > From the very start I knew this spec was badly thought out and I knew it was going to end up hurting the class overall, because unless they plan splitting traits out even more to be specific for Scourge its just turning a clusterf* of a class into an even more mess.

>

> First mesmer, guard and spellbreaker need a tune down before they even touch scourge.

> Yes scourge can be really strong. But you basically need 2 people.

> A scourge alone is the most crap profession to fight on

I agree, your preaching to the choir, I was only stating what was said by someone from ANet. It can be found midway down the article here: http://massivelyop.com/2018/06/26/arenanet-on-guild-wars-2s-living-story-heart-of-thorns-vs-path-of-fire-security-and-momentum/ where they actually mention Scourge specifically.

> @"Yeldo.4576" said:

> I understand the emphasis on the fashion wars. I like it, not as much gear progression it's just diferent but I love it. I do hope for a new patch with new elites coming it would create even more variety :)

Elites come in expansions, not patches. The Elites we get are somewhat themed around the expansion itself, which I enjoy more as I don't think we would have gotten something like the Scourge in a random patch. I think the themes are easier to see in Path of Fire than they are for Heart of Thorns. Overall the themes for Path of Fire are awesome with Holosmith, Spellbreaker, and Scourge being some of my favorites. I have doubts we'd get as rich of a set of Elites if it were released in patches.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"Yeldo.4576" said:

> > I understand the emphasis on the fashion wars. I like it, not as much gear progression it's just diferent but I love it. I do hope for a new patch with new elites coming it would create even more variety :)

>

> Elites come in expansions, not patches. The Elites we get are somewhat themed around the expansion itself, which I enjoy more as I don't think we would have gotten something like the Scourge in a random patch. I think the themes are easier to see in Path of Fire than they are for Heart of Thorns. Overall the themes for Path of Fire are awesome with Holosmith, Spellbreaker, and Scourge being some of my favorites. I have doubts we'd get as rich of a set of Elites if it were released in patches.

Elites are introduced in expac's but they are tuned in patches. Reaper and Scourge were weak and/or OP in various game modes. The dev's fuddle with things that mod dps in their most important game modes until they are mostly, somewhat happy with.

There will certainly be more options

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"Yeldo.4576" said:

> > > I understand the emphasis on the fashion wars. I like it, not as much gear progression it's just diferent but I love it. I do hope for a new patch with new elites coming it would create even more variety :)

> >

> > Elites come in expansions, not patches. The Elites we get are somewhat themed around the expansion itself, which I enjoy more as I don't think we would have gotten something like the Scourge in a random patch. I think the themes are easier to see in Path of Fire than they are for Heart of Thorns. Overall the themes for Path of Fire are awesome with Holosmith, Spellbreaker, and Scourge being some of my favorites. I have doubts we'd get as rich of a set of Elites if it were released in patches.

>

> Elites are introduced in expac's but they are tuned in patches. Reaper and Scourge were weak and/or OP in various game modes. The dev's fuddle with things that mod dps in their most important game modes until they are mostly, somewhat happy with.

>

> There will certainly be more options

Yeah, but I thought he was talking about actual brand new Elites with brand new abilities. Not fine-tuning what we currently have.

> @"Scarran.9845" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Scarran.9845" said:

> > > With the mid-season balance patch being stated that it will be arriving soon. It was stated in a recent discussion on massively that they are still looking to tune down Scourge even more in PvP and WvW. So I wouldn't get too used to using Scourge in at least sPvP as I imagine its going to be a bumpy ride for the class, I would like for them to just concentrate on making us the heavy support spec that they touted it was, rather than nerfing everything and leaving the spec gutted.

> > >

> > > From the very start I knew this spec was badly thought out and I knew it was going to end up hurting the class overall, because unless they plan splitting traits out even more to be specific for Scourge its just turning a clusterf* of a class into an even more mess.

> >

> > First mesmer, guard and spellbreaker need a tune down before they even touch scourge.

> > Yes scourge can be really strong. But you basically need 2 people.

> > A scourge alone is the most crap profession to fight on

>

> I agree, your preaching to the choir, I was only stating what was said by someone from ANet. It can be found midway down the article here: http://massivelyop.com/2018/06/26/arenanet-on-guild-wars-2s-living-story-heart-of-thorns-vs-path-of-fire-security-and-momentum/ where they actually mention Scourge specifically.

So Iam scared of the day when Reaper Will be the better espec for necro in PVP/wvw.

Scourge Will be barrier bot,

Reaper punching bag

Core lmao

?

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Scarran.9845" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"Scarran.9845" said:

> > > > With the mid-season balance patch being stated that it will be arriving soon. It was stated in a recent discussion on massively that they are still looking to tune down Scourge even more in PvP and WvW. So I wouldn't get too used to using Scourge in at least sPvP as I imagine its going to be a bumpy ride for the class, I would like for them to just concentrate on making us the heavy support spec that they touted it was, rather than nerfing everything and leaving the spec gutted.

> > > >

> > > > From the very start I knew this spec was badly thought out and I knew it was going to end up hurting the class overall, because unless they plan splitting traits out even more to be specific for Scourge its just turning a clusterf* of a class into an even more mess.

> > >

> > > First mesmer, guard and spellbreaker need a tune down before they even touch scourge.

> > > Yes scourge can be really strong. But you basically need 2 people.

> > > A scourge alone is the most crap profession to fight on

> >

> > I agree, your preaching to the choir, I was only stating what was said by someone from ANet. It can be found midway down the article here: http://massivelyop.com/2018/06/26/arenanet-on-guild-wars-2s-living-story-heart-of-thorns-vs-path-of-fire-security-and-momentum/ where they actually mention Scourge specifically.

>

> So Iam scared of the day when Reaper Will be the better espec for necro in PVP/wvw.

> Scourge Will be barrier bot,

> Reaper punching bag

> Core lmao

> ?

Tomorrow's balance patch will almost certainly make Reaper shout soldier builds awesome in PvP and WvW.

p.s., Signet of Undeath will be nerfed into oblivion, though.