Difference between Beserker or Spellbreaker?

Yeldo.4576

I'm keen to try one of these as I'm the with the game, I want something that is strong in pve/PvP to compete with my friends op chocies like druid and mesmer.

I know Beserker is ok in pve abut really bad in PvP? Is there no way to play it good in PvP?

Is Spellbreaker outscaling zerker.in both PvP and pve?

Spellbreaker does well in all game modes as a power build. Berserker does well in PvE as a condition build. However for PvP especially it doesn't matter what build/setup you're running in PvE because you can switch up your build however you like, the same goes for PvE. There are some places I'll run Berserker because it'll do better than Spellbreaker, or Core warrior. It's not like WoW where you used to have to spend gold to re-trait yourself, here you can just change traits whenever you want as long as you're not in combat.

I can still make Berserker Condi work in WvW, but its situational. The recent buffs to sword F1 really did help with bursting ability. Still alot of builds out there with minimal condi cleanse or players wasting them at the wrong time.

Trailblazers gear alone gives more than enough durability to the spec anyways.

pvp and more so in wvw berserker spec just isn't very good anymore. It got nerfed too hard to compete on the same level as POF specs. It's probably not even strong vs it's comparable HoT specs anymore. Definitely outclassed by DH as an example in that regard. In PVE condi berserker spec is fine but even power base warrior can do better in a lot of PVE situations. Spellbreaker is just better equipped to handle the current meta, but it's still not as strong as something like mirage and scourge.