An old account

My original GW2 account that was linked to my GW1 account which had all the EOTN hall of monuments unlocks as well was hacked I believe.

I tried to ask for help in unlocking the account years ago when this first happened, but struggled to the GW support teams lack of common sense and strict policy.

I really would like access to my old account on both games.

I lost the game key a long ass time ago as I didn't think I'd need to save it. So they wouldn't help me.

I can however tell them character names from both games linked together. I can tell them my main character, how much of the game I finished, and much more to prove it is my account. This also includes the email I used. (Though, it could be one of a few as I've had 4 emails. But It will be one of those.) I can even tell them one of the passwords or some of the passwords I remember using from then. I can tell them the guild I ran with in GW1, the guild I made in GW2 and posted about during beta in forum. I have so much information to prove it's my stuff, along with the accounts have probably never been logged into for many years. Meaning it's not like I just randomly saw an account I want and I am trying to get it.

idk I just really miss my original stuff and unlocks and characters.

I'm hoping a dev will see this and have a bit more power than a customer support rep. And I'm hoping they will actually take the time to help me get my account back.

Devs have less power to help you out than Support. You have to file a support ticket and wait for them to respond.

Warning: for a variety of reasons, responses are currently delayed by about a week (sometimes two).

PS focus on the request (restoring your account) and give them all the data they need to verify ownership.

_After_ it's resolved, then offer the feedback about how you think the process is flawed (or start a new ticket about that) — the person who will help recover your account isn't in charge of policy

If it was hacked, and the usurper gained access to the email, and/or the information, it would become a dispute between two parties, and the account(s) in question would be locked so that neither party could access them (as it becomes impossible to tell which party is the original account owner).

Just a bit of FYI.

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> If it was hacked, and the usurper gained access to the email, and/or the information, it would become a dispute between two parties, and the account(s) in question would be locked so that neither party could access them (as it becomes impossible to tell which party is the original account owner).

> Just a bit of FYI.

>

> Good luck.

I have the same bank account used to buy the game during beta.

I also have access to the email linked to it. Already went through this.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Devs have less power to help you out than Support. You have to file a support ticket and wait for them to respond.

> Warning: for a variety of reasons, responses are currently delayed by about a week (sometimes two).

>

> PS focus on the request (restoring your account) and give them all the data they need to verify ownership.

> _After_ it's resolved, then offer the feedback about how you think the process is flawed (or start a new ticket about that) — the person who will help recover your account isn't in charge of policy

Already did all this years ago. It went nowhere and ended with a "sowwy"

If someone else also had access to your email account, even if they didn't lock you out of it, they could gain access to enough information to present to the CS Team 'proving' they are the owner, as well. Again, in such cases, the account is locked so neither party can access the account.

Regardless, you have to work it out with the CS Team; no one on the forums can help with a dispute.

Good luck.

> @"basil.9532" said:

> Already did all this years ago. It went nowhere and ended with a "sowwy"

Then perhaps the situation is more complicated than described above. Support tried very hard to help people recover accounts. As _Inculpatus_ wrote above, if the account's email was compromised, it's possible that someone else has the same details you have, so you'll have to find some other way to convince them the account is yours. For example, perhaps your bank still has a record of your payment.

There are other reasons ANet might be unable to help, including if the account was previously "shared" with someone else.

You don't have to convince us as to the truth of the situation; it's Support that will make the decision.