Cant buy gems with Paypal Funds

Yes, im logged in, but the window that the game opens for paypal only shows me the credit card registration form. I can't find a way to pay with my Paypal funs.

If simply there isn't a way to buy gems without a credit card then thats that. But I really want to buy gems :C

You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and discuss the issue with them.

In the meantime, you could try clearing the GW2 cache; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the same link, and 'Search - Troubleshoot Trading Post'.

(Should that clear up the issue, don't forget to close your ticket by replying to the automated response with, "I no longer need help."

Good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> You can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and discuss the issue with them.

> In the meantime, you could try clearing the GW2 cache; instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the same link, and 'Search - Troubleshoot Trading Post'.

> (Should that clear up the issue, don't forget to close your ticket by replying to the automated response with, "I no longer need help."

>

> Good luck.

Ill give it a try, thanks

> @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> Maybe GW2 support can help you?

>

> I have always be able to purchase gems with PayPal funds. (I first send money from my bank account to my PayPal with IDeal, then I can spend it on gems. I also have no credit card.

Can you tell me how you do it?

After I click on ¨pay with paypal¨ and accepting the terms of service inside the gamestore (in game). it sends me to the paypal web page, but it asksme for a credit card without an option to use my funds

Have you set up your Paypal account to withdraw funds from your bank, or have you deposited funds into your Paypal account?

Have you tried purchasing anything else (non-game related) with your Paypal account since getting this error?

I don't have any problems purchasing Gems with my Paypal account.

If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

> @"TravisArk.6291" said:

> > @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > Maybe GW2 support can help you?

> >

> > I have always be able to purchase gems with PayPal funds. (I first send money from my bank account to my PayPal with IDeal, then I can spend it on gems. I also have no credit card.

>

> Can you tell me how you do it?

>

> After I click on ¨pay with paypal¨ and accepting the terms of service inside the gamestore (in game). it sends me to the paypal web page, but it asksme for a credit card without an option to use my funds

>

>

Make sure you have enough funds on your PayPal account in advance of trying to make the purchase. If you have this already, then the problem cannot be solved by yourself I think. Contact support and/or paypal to learn why your transaction failed. There are many hidden walls on the side of PayPal and/or the recipient. Maybe you ran into a false positive for automatic fraud detection for instance.

I remember a true story of a Dutch woman with the name "Rian" who ordered a flute in a USA webshop. She misspelled her name as "Iran" and her entire PayPal account was frozen because of a too strict country restriction. There are many variants on which PayPal or the recipient may block things.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Have you set up your Paypal account to withdraw funds from your bank, or have you deposited funds into your Paypal account?

> Have you tried purchasing anything else (non-game related) with your Paypal account since getting this error?

> I don't have any problems purchasing Gems with my Paypal account.

>

> If you continue to have issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

>

> Good luck.

I do have money in my PayPal balance, and PayPal isn't bound to any of my banks accounts.

Also this isn't an "error" since i don't get an "error response".

Paypal window that pops up from the ingame store wont let me choose "pay with paypal funds". and I cant proceed because the creditcard is required. I feel like this is somewhat unique to me, since other people have no problem using the funds to buy gems.

I notice that my account will be flagged as legit after 3 days of purchasing an expac (I got PoF 3 days ago) So ill try today, maybe its that.

thanks to everyone who is looking into my problem and trying to help!

• 2 months later...