Guild Wars summer sale suggestion

While it is nice to see a sale on the first game, as a long time owner of all the original games I see no value in this. However I never got into the merc packs that were released, and I am surprised to see them not on sale. $44.99 for the complete x8 merc pack!? Or if you want ONE merc it is $9.99! This is practically the price of the game not on sale! I know Anet needs money to support development, but the original game development, aside from minor fixes, has been announced as abandoned(Yes I know it was talked about in a recent AMA). The game is 13 years old, I don't think this pricing is justified, and if I had to guess it has just sat at $44.99 because no one ever decided to adjust the price because the game was abandoned for GW2. I am still playing to this day, I don't need the pack, but I've seen some fun builds I can play with and the customization is appealing. There has been a recent surge of GW1 players and putting aside the summer sale, would have to pay about $100 to get the merc pack and games.

They asked for suggestions on what they could change for GW1, maybe reevaluate the costs? If the price appealed to people, maybe we could see a huge revival? Classic games and MMOs are becoming popular nostalgia hits, with steam sales creating huge revenue bursts for games/services sold at a fraction of the original price. Dump this trilogy platinum Eotn separate mumbo jumbo, make it a package, deluxe with mercs, there are many options here. I want to be able to gift this to someone , not empty my wallet too bad, and introduce one of my favorite MMOs to friends.

> @"Gendou.9620" said:

> Hero NPCs you can customize and add to your party, in addition to ones you find in the game. The game has about 2-3 hero NPCs per class, when you fully unlock them of course.

@"Dainank.1308" Called "merc packs" because they are for "**Merc**enary Heroes" constructed from your own level 20 characters. (Max level in GW1...)

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Gendou.9620" said:

> > Hero NPCs you can customize and add to your party, in addition to ones you find in the game. The game has about 2-3 hero NPCs per class, when you fully unlock them of course.

>

> @"Dainank.1308" Called "merc packs" because they are for "**Merc**enary Heroes" constructed from your own level 20 characters. (Max level in GW1...)

>

Ah, thanks! Just realised we are talking about GW1 :(