Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

I was gathering in Ember Bay when I got DC'd a few minutes ago. Logging back in, apparently I got rolled back to Bitterfrost Frontier. I was there about 10 minutes earlier. But that didn't load in completely, and I got the Code =1083 etc. error.

At no point today was I trying to access any LW S4 content. So, yeah, I'll try to play GW2 again tomorrow. Ain't happening today.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your communication on this, these bugs happen but a lot of games' devs tend to stay silent on these things while working on them. Appreciate you guys working hard to get this ironed out, you can't know how long it'll take to fix a bug you haven't finished fixing. Can't wait to play the new story once it's ready!

Not claiming that I know much more, but I can't help but wonder how much understanding of the game development process and company structure all of these pissed off people have. :P Kinda silly to throw accusations at a situation one knows next to nothing about, and I have the suspicion that's what some folks are doing....

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Hey there,

> > w

> > We wanted to let you know we’re working on several bug fixes that we will be rolling out later this afternoon or early evening. While these will address many issues, we’ll continue to work on addressing bugs until all are corrected.

> >

> > In the meantime, we have implemented a redirect. Players who are attempting to load into the “Forearmed is Forewarned” story instance will be automatically redirected to Dwesert Highlands so that they can avoid the disconnection issue. The redirect, of course, will be removed as soon as it no longer is needed.

> >

>

> So, tomorrow for the people in Europe...

> So glad i took a day off to play the new episode and try out the new mount!

This is the reason why most game developers release content patches on Tuesdays. Because if they're going to change the game in ways that could render parts of it unplayable through bugs they'd rather it be on days with less activity than, say, the weekend. I remember patches bricking World of Warcraft's entire servers for several days at a time back in the day. It's just a fact of game development that being the first in means you're going to potentially run into serious bugs.

> @"lagrangewei.8516" said:

> i hope ppl don't blame anet for this, at least they are trying to add content into the game. but I would recommend the management to be more liberal with the deadline and launch time if it can allow for a smoother launch, it not like this is an expansion or something and anet need to launch it on X date to get in the financial report. less stressful for both the developer and player.

>

> don't overwork yourself.

No, I blame them for it. They delayed the episode to make sure the release was high-quality.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > so basically, you locked it down, because you once again did not rent enough server space and now are hoping for enough people to go away?

> >

> > Btw, 'late afternoon' is 17h from now for many players...

> >

>

> She means their late afternoon, as in the timezone they are in. In which late afternoon is only a couple of hours from now.

which is great, because most people in Europe will be at work at that time. Really great. I mean, wasting a whole evening is a good thing, right? Now wait 20h and if you are lucky it is still broken. But do not despair, the gemstore works great and you can spend a lot of money on new shiny stuff.

I'd like to draw Anet's attention to this statement by Mike Zadorojny in late May regarding the delay of this new content in reference to quality and the current circumstances and I'd like to call b-llsh-t on it. So, as usual, actions speak louder than words. Bad quality. No testing.

"A message from Mike Zadorojny:

Hi everyone,

The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.

**Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.**

We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!""

> @"DaleYYC.8395" said:

> I'd like to draw Anet's attention to this statement by Mike Zadorojny in late May regarding the delay of this new content in reference to quality and the current circumstances and I'd like to call b-llsh-t on it. So, as usual, actions speak louder than words. Bad quality. No testing.

I'm no expert on the topic but I'm pretty sure it's not really possible to test for connectivity issues in advance; especially not on such a large scale. *shrug

> @"DaleYYC.8395" said:

> I'd like to draw Anet's attention to this statement by Mike Zadorojny in late May regarding the delay of this new content in reference to quality and the current circumstances and I'd like to call b-llsh-t on it. So, as usual, actions speak louder than words. Bad quality. No testing.

I'm willing to argue that we haven't seen anything as a testament to the quality of the content. To my understanding this is an issue that's outside their abilities to fix at the moment. And, even if it is and they are screwing up, on their own, i don't think that release day issues = bad content

@"TheNecrosanct.4028"

I'm pretty sure that this someone is fully aware of all of this and just tried to point out that this situation causes a full day to be wasted. It's certain that he understands the nature of time-zones and doesn't need a teacher for it.

> @"DaleYYC.8395" said:

>

> "A message from Mike Zadorojny:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.

>

> ****Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.**

> **We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!""

>

>

Yeah, this is the disconcerting part!!

Season 3 was usually on time, and without any major issues, i'd usually finish the story on release or the day after! Season 4 has been constantly delayed and we still get a entire day of down time from server problems!

So if it was working well in S3, why change it for the worse now?

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > so basically, you locked it down, because you once again did not rent enough server space and now are hoping for enough people to go away?

> > >

> > > Btw, 'late afternoon' is 17h from now for many players...

> > >

> >

> > She means their late afternoon, as in the timezone they are in. In which late afternoon is only a couple of hours from now.

>

> which is great, because most people in Europe will be at work at that time. Really great. I mean, wasting a whole evening is a good thing, right? Now wait 20h and if you are lucky it is still broken. But do not despair, the gemstore works great and you can spend a lot of money on new shiny stuff.

>

>

Considering I am from Europe, their late afternoon is our middle of the night. I choose to have faith that ANet will fix this as soon as possible. Considering patches go live when it's late in the afternoon where I am, whenever problems appear I assume it won't be fixed for me until the next day anyway.

> @"Feothyr.6072" said:

> > @"DaleYYC.8395" said:

> > I'd like to draw Anet's attention to this statement by Mike Zadorojny in late May regarding the delay of this new content in reference to quality and the current circumstances and I'd like to call b-llsh-t on it. So, as usual, actions speak louder than words. Bad quality. No testing.

>

> I'm no expert on the topic but I'm pretty sure it's not really possible to test for connectivity issues in advance; especially not on such a large scale. *shrug

It's common practice to use bots to test quality. Blizzard has done it for years on WoW and they are using them to stress test on Camelot Unchained. So, yes, it can be tested.

> It's common practice to use bots to test quality. Blizzard has done it for years on WoW and they are using them to stress test on Camelot Unchained. So, yes, it can be tested.

Although to my understanding blizzard isn't exactly poster child for good release days for WoW

> @"Derkieee.8097" said:

> > I'd like to draw Anet's attention to this statement by Mike Zadorojny in late May regarding the delay of this new content in reference to quality and the current circumstances and I'd like to call b-llsh-t on it. So, as usual, actions speak louder than words. Bad quality. No testing.

>

> I'm willing to argue that we haven't seen anything as a testament to the quality of the content. To my understanding this is an issue that's outside their abilities to fix at the moment. And, even if it is and they are screwing up, on their own, i don't think that release day issues = bad content

and I want to point out that this is nothing new.

It had plagued S4.1 and S4.2 too.

While S3 was a much much smoother experience.

So what changed?

> @"Scheol.4758" said:

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028"

>

> I'm pretty sure that this someone is fully aware of all of this and just tried to point out that this situation causes a full day to be wasted. It's certain that he understands the nature of time-zones and doesn't need a teacher for it.

Well, the commenter sure seemed to think someone needed a teacher for it, because otherwise the remark would be pointless. Sarcasm doesn't always work well on paper, especially when it's not in the actual words but in the tone of it. I assumed they forgot about it/weren't thinking of it out of frustration, since that was the general tone I got from their message. But thank you for making the negative assumption and labelling me a troll. Not that I'm surprised by that. It's completely in the current zeitgeist, after all.

All that aside, I'm sure ANet will solve the issue as soon as they possibly can. Problems with patches are hardly ever fixed on the same day for us Europeans, since the day is already almost over when they go live. So personally I wasn't expecting anything in that regard anyway.

Was waiting at Dock 6 in the first new story instance of LW S4 E3, when I got disconnected and sent to the character selection screen with the following error:

"(Code=7:11:3:191:101)

The Game Client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again."

After not waiting a few minutes and not restarting the client (--_--), I clicked on my character in attempt to re-enter the game. Did not make it to game, got a new error:

"Network error .

Please check your internet connection and try again. (Code=1083:5:7:1596:101)"

Also, idk if this will help, but on my way to Dock 6 I pulled out my Skimmer and for a split second during the initial summoning animation, it was using a black and white checkered pattern for a skin, before transitioning to its appropriate Exo-Suite mount skin. Not long after while waiting at Dock 6 (Ship was coming in, NPC's were talking), I was disconnected.

> @"DaleYYC.8395" said:

>

> "A message from Mike Zadorojny:

>

> Hi everyone,

>

> The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.

>

> **Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.**

>

> We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!""

>

>

uhhh they definitely tested it, maybe not under incredible stress, but they definitely tested it... I think you should complain less about next-to-free content, it's like you're under the impression they'll never fix it, have a bit of patience, it's not like devs at Arenanet are stupid or lazy. They probably work their butts off to make us happy. Also I HIGHLY encourage you to play some other MMO's and compare. the content is this game is much better and much more consumer friendly.

Is there any way to get my story quest progress back ? :anguished: I got the error right towards the end of a quest when I got error 1083 and now I'm back at the beginning. :angry: I was in Sparkfly Fen doing the 2nd level 70 story quest. Creating a new character, logging in to that one, and then logging out and back into my main got me back in the game btw.

> @"Scarr.5964" said:

> >

> > "A message from Mike Zadorojny:

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> >

> > The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.

> >

> > **Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.**

> >

> > We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!""

> >

> >

> uhhh they definitely tested it, maybe not under incredible stress, but they definitely tested it... I think you should complain less about next-to-free content, it's like you're under the impression they'll never fix it, have a bit of patience, it's not like devs at Arenanet are stupid or lazy. They probably work their butts off to make us happy. Also I HIGHLY encourage you to play some other MMO's and compare. the content is this game is much better and much more consumer friendly.

Yes, but when you purposely delay your game update under the explanation of better quality and then no one can play it the day it comes out, it just isn't logical or professional. I'll give ANet the benefit of the doubt on most things but there's just a point when I gotta draw a line.