Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

> Yes, but when you purposely delay your game update under the explanation of better quality and then no one can play it the day it comes out, it just isn't logical or professional. I'll give ANet the benefit of the doubt on most things but there's just a point when I gotta draw a line.

fair enough, but you should consider that, especially with MMOs, 'higher quality' is not always something that is super tangible or easy to explain. Even the smallest little features or fixes can be extremely hard to implement. Not that they shouldn't be held accountable, just saying maybe hold off judging them until the second day?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this information will help much, but when encountering the connectivity issue, restarting my computer and re-logging resets the bug and I'm able to get my characters into the game again. As far as I can tell, the game only re-enters the bugged state after I try to access the first story instance for Episode 4 again.

> @"Scarr.5964" said:

> > @"DaleYYC.8395" said:

> > I'd like to draw Anet's attention to this statement by Mike Zadorojny in late May regarding the delay of this new content in reference to quality and the current circumstances and I'd like to call b-llsh-t on it. So, as usual, actions speak louder than words. Bad quality. No testing.

> >

> > "A message from Mike Zadorojny:

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> >

> > The Living World Team currently is hard at work preparing Episode 3 of Living World Season 4. We’re excited about how it’s shaping up, but wanted to give you a heads up that the release date will be a little outside our normal release cadence.

> >

> > **Our key focus while creating the Living World experience is the quality bar we’ve set for ourselves for each episode. With the amount of gameplay and breadth of content in Living World, we noticed that we had an opportunity to make some adjustments to how we approach developing each episode that will help us hit our quality standards more consistently. This logistical change has had some short-term “cost” in time, but will provide benefits to all Living World episodes moving forward.**

> >

> > We’ll be announcing Episode 3 as the date gets closer, and everyone on the team is looking forward to playing this new content with you!""

> >

> >

> uhhh they definitely tested it, maybe not under incredible stress, but they definitely tested it... I think you should complain less about next-to-free content, it's like you're under the impression they'll never fix it, have a bit of patience, it's not like devs at Arenanet are stupid or lazy. They probably work their butts off to make us happy. Also I HIGHLY encourage you to play some other MMO's and compare. the content is this game is much better and much more consumer friendly.

:wince: This game is neither free nor next-to-free!

I had just gotten to the portal part of the episode right outside of Primeval Kings and got a connection error. So I relogged back into game and it gave me a network connection error and it seems that went for chars that werent doing the episode either, because I couldnt log any of my chars back in. I then figured I'd go to my 2nd acct and not do the episode till that got fixed. While doing dailies in verdant to Queensdale the game gave me a network connection error and now I can't get back in on either acct :)..So I guess Netflix or something is calling my name till this gets fixed :)

• ArenaNet Staff

We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

My issue is that I can't even get on the character I have sitting near the portal for the Arm instance. If I select her, it starts to load (I get the map art image and the loading circle), but then it says I was disconnected from the server. If I try to go back on her, I get the white Network Error issue, it closes my game, opens it back up. I log in and hit play. Any character I pick gets me the Network Error and repeats. I have to close the game completely and restart it myself, and I can get on other characters, but if I try to get on my main character who I was doing the story with, the game break process starts again.

I would happily do other things on that character to wait while things are fixed, but she's stuck in limbo because the new story thing broke the game and won't let me even get on her to leave the map.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

Thank you for the continuous updates, Gaile; May Dwayna bless you and the Anet team for working on a fix. ^_^

This is not an unusual issue with ANET lately. For several days we've had issues with glitches and bugs in Istan, as well as issues with fractals, then on the BIG DAY we get this mess. Bad PR for sure. But what the heck some people think this game is free unless you've purchased PoF and HoT ,as well as other great Gem store deals that right now are useless code you can't access!

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Lanthun.7251" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

>

> Thank you for the continuous updates, Gaile; May Dwayna bless you and the Anet team for working on a fix. ^_^

Thank you for being so understanding and supportive. I **know** this is frustrating for everyone -- it's frustrating for us, as well. But we'll continue to work on this and nail those bugs to the wall!

idk ive yet to experience any problems getting in to the game. nor have i experienced any issues with lag the last month or so. the only time I get issues is if my video card needs an update and that for some reason caused issues, but after update its fixed. As for kourna I didnt try to go to it, after seeing the fact that part of the story is closed temp anyways so I didnt want to bother till it was open again.

but who knows. some people get different problems with different solutions so idk xD

> @"Nemesis.2019" said:

> I was waiting for TD meta DCed now i can't back into the game, same error from earlier....

I just left the game and reconnected. I believe it has something to do with the servers still thinking your logged in. I'd give it a few minutes and try again.

For anyone in a state where you can't get a map to load for any character... I just "fixed" this by setting the "-clientport 80" command line argument. See here for more info:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

After starting the game, logging in and loading up a map on port 80... I logged out and closed the game, removed the "-clientport 80" command and logged in again with the same character and was able to load up the map fine.

I know it's redundant, but I am having the same issue. I disconnect at the very first instance and then I'm barred from getting back in unless I completely restart my computer. Then, when I do get back in, I play for a few moments and I'm booted again.

Just thought I'd add my issues to the list so it's documented.

On the other hand, I want to say that the new BL skins are pretty sweet... The longbow, scepter and focus are the best (imho.) Yep... I threw money at the longbow B)

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> We have another update on the connectivity issues: We still are hoping to have another hotfix this evening that will address some issues and may potentially resolve the issue blocking story progress at "Forearmed is Forewarned" as well. This particular bug is unique to our Live environment and did not appear in any of our pre-Live testing. We appreciate your continued patience as we take the time to investigate the issue. We’ll update you when we have further information.

We appreciate the updates. However as someone who is also a coder, if your live and test environments aren't identical bar number of users, then you need to get a new test environment.

First mission in, helping out Taimi find the golem. Barely got to opening boxes and I received a Code=7:11:3:191:101

Flushing dns barely helps, able to only get a few seconds into the story before it happens again.

Multiple times I've tried going into characters even in the Crystal Desert, but network connection errors mount.

Yeah I can absolutely agree that ever since I've updated for the new patch, I have either not gotten past the character select screen, or I get into the game and a few minutes after I successfully get in, the game crash, saying there was a network error...And I have not even reach level 80, so haven't gotten to the new content yet!