Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

Here’s an update as of this morning (6/27): After last night’s build, we were able to see some players successfully progressing in Episode 3. However, we’re also aware that other players have not been able to do so. The team working on this bug during the night and early this morning is continuing to work on solutions. The corrections may come in more than one phase, the first of which we are hoping to get out later today.

We’ll update when we have more information on this, and want to again thank you for your patience and support.

Well... waited for Ley line event at 20:20 for an hour, 20:17 got DC, couldn't connect till 20:24, when finally got there event already over, it did not happen to me onlz, many ppl told they had same thing going...

I like the fact that you add new things etc. but if you are about to add requirement for collection like event that is time gated, at least make sure you will be able to handle it, because at this state it is just sad to look at, that only the lucky ones that dont get DC'ed can be happy owners of new mount.

I hope you will learn sth from this errors. But playing this game for 5 years I can easily say that you will do so in about 2 years form now, total lack of professionalism.

I'm not playing Episode 3 so I'm not completely sure this is relevant but I just got disconnected twice with error code 1083:5:7:1596:101.

I was playing normally for about 20 minutes before that - logged into a character in Rata Sum, switched to a guild hall and did some gathering, sold some stuff on the TP. Switched to another character in Crystal Oasis and checked a few achievements, then switched to a 3rd character in Mount Maelstrom to do map completion.

I'd just finished the underwater Inquest base heart and was swimming back to the surface when I got kicked to the character select screen. I tried to log back into the same character and the screen when white, gave me the Network Error notification and booted me to the launcher. I logged back in and this time tried to log into the character in Rata Sum, but got the same error.

I restarted again and tried logging into a 4th character (one I've not used today) in Crystal Oasis. That worked, and having done that I was able to log back into the character in Mount Maelstrom. However I've lost most of the progress I made playing her. Luckily that's not much - about 3/4 of the heart (I did 1/4 yesterday), and opening the Sunkern Treasure Chest. The key I'd used is back in my inventory, the achievement for the chest isn't completed and the chest is unlooted. Luckily I didn't get any amazing drops or anything in that time so the lost progress (only about 5 minutes I think) isn't much, but it's surprising to me that it was lost when I disconnected because the game was running fine right up until that point.

I was doing fine yesterday until I reached Forearmed is Forewarned, which I had already read was bugged, so I played on another character until the issue was resolved...Later went back and played FiF, completing it and playing in Kourna until the system kicked me back to Desert Highlands with the 1083 error. That was last night--haven't been able to connect to any character today.

Thank you for keeping us informed on the progress, everyone need to understand that it takes alot ro develope a game. And it's just that a GAME there is so much more all of us can do in our lives till Anet employees can fix the issue it take a team of employees not just 1 person to write the codeing for just 1 little movement. Also that you all are people too. Hell you guys need to sleep also and days off. Its summer people go work on ur yard go swimming spend time with family. Life isn't just about being on a computer. Be thankful that you even have the game. At anytime anet could shut it all down an take it away.

I am glad you are working on it. Just sad it started happening while waiting on the Mark II to spawn and am hoping I didn't get rolled back to before the got the steam part of the beetle saddle collection. I understand such things like this happen it will just be sad if I have to fight the horde of people over it again.

Thank you for keeping us informed and I wish you luck with resolving this issue.

You truly cannot enjoy the story because of the constant disconnects. Playing this new episode feels like watching a suspense movie with hour-long breaks every 5 minutes - it rids you of all the fun, and the excitement you initially felt succumbs to frustration and disappointment.