Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

> @"Kaliwenda.3428" said:

> Yesterday I had been playing for a while in one of the low levels on a level 22 character when I got disconnected. I think that character got corrupted somehow, now whenever I log her in the game closes with a "serious error" and the "send report to ArenaNet box comes up. I have to repair the game client to get it to run again.

>

> I can play on other characters now, but that one seems to crash the game and require a repair ever since. I don't want to delete the character since it's the first one I created years ago when I first installed the game, and it gets all the anniversary gifts. If I delete her I think I won't be able to get any more anniversary gifts in the future, is that correct?

>

> I just came back after years away and got both expansions on sale earlier this month, still very new to everything but loving the game so far.

>

> I'm just worried that this character is corrupted forever and don't know what to do.

I am still having the same problem with this one character, when I log her in the game crashes with the serious error and the "send report to ArenaNet" box comes up. Then I have to repair the client. Other characters all log in and play without a problem.

I'll file a support ticket.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Meviken.2054" said:

> Game froze at Pact ship arrival in Amnoon.

And again. Not just froze the game, either; froze the entire Windows session. Had to log out completely. Nothing worked to recover control of the computer except ctrl-alt-del, and even then the task manager wouldn't start.

Not sure if this is the right place, but just been having problems trying to do 'The Departing' (I think it was called)

Last night I had to quit after fighting Balthazar as I didn't have time then to do a second section not having any idea how long it was.

Tonight (28th June) I decide to try again with more time to spare.

I defeat Balthazar and get to the part where i am dead and start to explore, I get DCed, but only back to the character select screen.

I go back in and defeat Balthazar again I start to explore, meet Joko, meet the Judge, find my weapons, find my name, find my purpose, defeat the Soul Eater, listen to Joko just before opening the portal to get back (which I assume would be the end of the story) and it DCs again, back to the character select screen.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was some type of check point after defeating Balthazar and i only had to do the ghost bit, but having to go through it all again is just soul destroying when i have already completed that part of it.

Hate to say it but misery loves company...I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems. I just bought a new laptop and I almost thought perhaps it was a bad purchase. Good to know it's just the overall game now. I'm not playing any new maps as I'm very behind (I bought POF but still haven't even finished HOT) and I'm getting disconnected every 20 or so minutes.

Thank you for working on this!

Having this issue as well. so far about 4-5 times at the end of a story instance. I particularly reinstalled windows from a USB stick and it happened about an hour and a half ago During the Battle with Bulthazar to the death and finishing the Soul Eater. I will try and capture a screen shot of the error code if it has happened outside of instances. so far it has not. so if you are looking for a common place to find the bug... it has only happened during a story segmented instance and no other time. even without a cut scene. most have happened during the time to speak to someone or a portal opening to leave or receiving the reward for completion. Those iirc have been the times I disconnected over the past 3 days.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that during loading times from quick traveling way points, I get a flash of my desktop prior to the zone loading too. not sure if this issue is related or not but I thought it is worth mentioning.

• 3 weeks later...