Joko Final Fight Bugged? (Final fight spoilers)

I killed the four 'Will of Joko's' and his royal guards and then the Immortal Joko (boss you actually fight) stopped spawning. The pools of tar(?) the royal guards leave upon death never despawn and the scarabs keep coming, but the Joko you fight never reappears. Has anyone else had this issue?

Is that the last battle? I remember I had to dodge behind that dark wall (of tar?) that hurts you (if you're not in the middle), just as he cast it towards the rest of the room.

Spent 10 mins with a guildie, tryna dodge it and kill scarabs over and over.. wondering why he kept taking longer to come back to the fight each time.

We waited ages for him to come back, so i ended up rolling behind the black wall of w/e the hell that wall was, just before he finished casting it, and before he sent it towards my other guildie. I spotted him there casting it, and attacked him, which made him come back to the fight.

No, he does bug out and disappear sometimes. He disappeared and didn't respawn for me right after he reawkaned the fallen or whatever. I killed them and it just kept spawning beetles. Restarted that checkpoint in the instance and it worked fine.

• 2 weeks later...

You losing that fight is the True ending. Anet just pulled a Mass Effect 3 and changed the ending because people didn't like the truth....... But not even the forces of the Universe itself will every defeat Joko. With every attempt he gets better....... and what you've witnessed is part of his progress to restore History to its intended path.

• 2 months later...

> @"Lautitia Manx.9341" said:

> I'm having the exact same issue right now. Died on purpose, still didn't fix it!! Anyone figure out how to fix without restarting?

If I recall correctly (just did that story step with a friend last weekend) there is a checkpoint right before the final fight, so you won't loose progress if you restart the instance.

• 2 months later...

> @"Lhostalis.4960" said:

> I killed the four 'Will of Joko's' and his royal guards and then the Immortal Joko (boss you actually fight) stopped spawning. The pools of tar(?) the royal guards leave upon death never despawn and the scarabs keep coming, but the Joko you fight never reappears. Has anyone else had this issue?

>

Im having the same issue :(

• 9 months later...