Bad game design: Achievements based on failed events

I have been trying to do get my last service medal achievement, the **Naturalist's Crest**. It requires the event to prevent the Awakened from destroying the thorn wall to fail.

Now, this is something I don't understand: in LWS3, in Lake Doric, there was already a similar issue with an event that required to fail in order for people to be able to receive an achievement, and tons of players complained - and yet, here we go again.

It is sheer luck to get the achievement done in the case of Kourna, because one person is usually enough to defend the wall. You can plead in chat as much as you want for people to allow it to fail, even as a commander who is assembling a squad for it - there will always be that _one_ person who will ruin it for everyone else.

Therefore, I wonder why the devs implemented something like this again, this time even in a more disastrous manner (see "one person is enough")? Imagine the time invested in the three service medal-related achievements being wasted because of these remaining 5% that you cannot get.