Petey - Experiencing Tyria like never before!

Hello Anet!

We all new how creative you are...but Petey was completely unexpected!

I can't express how much fun is riding around Tyria with Petey!

I found myself today doing events daily in Metrica Province, and living that map I've been in million times the past 6 years like it was brand new.

Petey opened so many new perspective on how interact with the world, and it also bounces on WATER!!!!!!!!

Really this is for sure THE BEST MOUNT EVER in any videogame I ever played.

I am really super happy and excited, I couldn't wait to come back home from work today to hang around again with Petey <3

Now if we could go back to the origins and let people be effective in group play and solo, whatever the build or weapon they use, GW2 would just become the perfect game.

To be honest it's very sad to see people kicked out of party in fractals or raids just cause they don't use the right meta weapon.

Would be nice to find a way to be good, they way we want to play :)))

Thanks a lot for your hard work, Petey is a massive breath of fresh air for GW2!!

With love,

Adel

GW player since 2007

> @"Tajiseed.7831" said:

> How long does Petey take to get? I've just finished first collection (secret caches) and looks like there is more to do...

>

> (Probably will be fun but I finished the story last night and was stressed most of the final battle that I would crash out)

Fun is one way of putting it. Good luck with hours of waiting for events + tag wars

> @"Cynn.1659" said:

> > @"Tajiseed.7831" said:

> > How long does Petey take to get? I've just finished first collection (secret caches) and looks like there is more to do...

> >

> > (Probably will be fun but I finished the story last night and was stressed most of the final battle that I would crash out)

>

> Fun is one way of putting it. Good luck with hours of waiting for events + tag wars

I finished it today, not so bad. As days pass it'll get easier and easier.

> @"Cynn.1659" said:

> > @"Tajiseed.7831" said:

> > How long does Petey take to get? I've just finished first collection (secret caches) and looks like there is more to do...

> >

> > (Probably will be fun but I finished the story last night and was stressed most of the final battle that I would crash out)

>

> Fun is one way of putting it. Good luck with hours of waiting for events + tag wars

= takes about 4-5 hours.

> @"Tajiseed.7831" said:

> How long does Petey take to get? I've just finished first collection (secret caches) and looks like there is more to do...

>

> (Probably will be fun but I finished the story last night and was stressed most of the final battle that I would crash out)

Not too bad at all. Most of the things are easy to get and if you time yourself right, I can't see why everything can't get done in an hour or two. The toughest part actually, was just remembering were to find some of the targets (like you know you have ran into a lot of a creature in a particular area, but you have not been there so long, you may be hopping the map to find target creature or Googling them). But, overall, it is not as bad as getting the griffon mount. (Yes I am still made at you for that ArenaNet. That and your chef mastery.)

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I did it over 3 days, but I didn’t hurry through it. The longest wait time I had was about 30 minutes for the Beatle in the Sliverwastes. If you push it you can probably do It in a long play period.

That is about right. I did it in 3 days too (it would have been 2 days but I needed to do the meta and was tired).

> @"Tajiseed.7831" said:

>

Took me about 4 hours over a few days. Use the Dulfy guide. Got lucky with some event spawns(ley line anomaly) got unlucky on a boss spawn(gollum). Do it while the content is current, more fun with so many people around imo. Good luck. Guildwars 2 has the best implementation of mounts in any mmo if not game ever.

Petey is a mount unlike the others. Raptor, Springer, Skimmer, Jackal & Griffon all provide a means to overcoming some physical obstacle.

Petey gives us a tool with which we can simply learn to get better.

You can't get better jumping with a raptor. Once you figure out the Springer's clunky positioning, you're golden. Skimmer? Find water - go skim. Jackal? Timing jumps to avoid fall damage is its peak. Griffon? Ok, Griffon requires a bit of effort, but you're pitching yourself against its controls, nothing more - its a skill, but its not rocket surgery once you know where and when.

Petey? Petey presents the maps of Tyria as a playground, with the only obstacle between fun and loss being our own skill. And it is a skill, far more than any of the other mounts, including the Griffon. A good Petey ride spins, jumps, drifts and bounces in a way that demonstrates the time and patience the rider has invested.

Petey. You're not going to take him harvesting. Or into the Tangled Depths _(well.. actually..)_. But you will take him out for a spin whenever you can, because you feel the need for ...Petey speed.

Petey is a mount for those of us that really like to learn how to play. And I love the little bugger.