Eater of Souls/Departed as Thief.

Fallesafe.5932

Since the expansion came out, I've ignored the story and put all my time into getting T3 on the four mounts. Now that I'm finished, I want to focus on completing the story. And I'm wondering how it went for some of you.

The General Discussion forum is an absolute salt-mine over the final boss fight (Eater of Souls). Did you all find it doable on your thieves? Or should I boost up a necro to do it?

Doable as a thief. I didn't realize this boss was some kind of problem until I saw it on the forums. I was running a S/D deadeye, so I think my usual bounce all over the place with mobility skills was what helped me because I would just run away when he charged up his attack instead of CCing it. I had a couple close calls with getting hit by it, but ultimately came through. Don't know if this helps at all, but it's how I did it.

> @Jak.4523 said:

> > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > You mean the eater of souls in the third map? Or does he re-appear again later down?

>

> There is a boss in a story mission that can be very frustrating if you have a hard time getting around it's mechanics.

If it's the boss from !!, then I have to say that is an easy fight. I just kited him around like how I usually fight tough mobs. I was just using my rifle on him.

dude, for god kitten sake, if you are going to speak about story content, then put a

notice in the thread name like PoF final boss/Departed as Thief. Not a kitten spoiler like the final boss name not everyone knows how the last boss of PoF was called (like me) and most probably didnt wanted to know until they arrived at that part themselves

The first try against him, I was frustrated as hell. Second Try I decided to treat it like darksouls, fitting because you're dead, and instead of trying to kill him, figure out how he works. Third time I actually killed him successfully. I just pussy footed it out most cases when he did his health drain thing and my Shadow Gust was on cool down. When it wasn't I just used it on him and broke his defiance bar.

Basically if you miss the chance to break his defiance when you get the shot he does a suck attack that steals your health for his own evil purposes. Fortunately he breaks super easy during the second-second and a half he is vulnerable (during the leap attack that precedes the life drain), just have a pistol in your off hand and tap 4 when his defiance bar changes from stripey invulnerable to blue vulnerable. He will get dazed and reset his attack cycle once he comes out of stun, i think he got to that stage in the cycle four times when i fought him. Then he died.

Wait, no offence intended, but the Eater of Souls is supposed to be difficult?

It didn't really make an impression on me when i ran through the story with a Staff DrD. Had to watch a video to remind me what he does.

There's a reason why Bandit's defense is one of the best skill for a thief. As soon as you get pulled, just use it to stunbreak and block, and it will pretty much make the guy harmless.

*edit* tried the boss on my Engie, okay it was definitely easier on a Theif :D.

> @Maimakterion.5940 said:

> Basically if you miss the chance to break his defiance when you get the shot he does a kitten attack that steals your health for his own evil purposes. Fortunately he breaks super easy during the second-second and a half he is vulnerable (during the leap attack that precedes the life drain), just have a pistol in your off hand and tap 4 when his defiance bar changes from stripey invulnerable to blue vulnerable. He will get dazed and reset his attack cycle once he comes out of stun, i think he got to that stage in the cycle four times when i fought him. Then he died.

Are you guys really talking about the eater of souls in the mission where you're supposed to come back to life? There was nothing challenging about that, I came in 'blindly' unprepaired, noticed that he uses "jump into tons-of-dmg-drain" so all I did was dodge/run back for a short time after he used the jump. That's all, other than that I was just typically running around him and spamming 1. REALLY simple pattern with one threatening attack, REALLY easy solution. I don't get where the problem was?

(DD)