Gw2 books?

HeavyMetal.2730

Hey guys.

I've been playing gw2 on and off for some years, but I still don't have a damn clue of what's going on between all the races and such. Lorewise I'm completely unaware of anything.

Do you think that the books would ''cover'' my lack of knowledge?

Are they written in a difficult english or an easy one? English is not my main language, but translated books cost 17€ instead of 8€ on amazon, so I might try to read them in english...

They're written like regular novels, by three different authors. But it would only help with part of the story, since it covers the time period generally between Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2. There's plenty of stuff that happened in Guild Wars 1. They're still fun to read, though. Just not the complete answer to your problem.

Try instead Wooden Potatoes lore videos. That might be a better solution

If you're just trying to get a grasp of the basic lore, without the problems wiki articles present, I'd actually recommend Ghosts of Ascalon. The book was half-written to introduce the various races and their relationships, and it's an easy read.

Edge of Destiny is more of a prequel to the story at launch, but it's an even easier read. Not so great at addressing the world outside the main story beats, though. I'd go to GoA for the lore, and EoD for the plot.

SoS is not an easy read, it's not relevant to the story, and it's a deep dive into a narrow part of the setting, not a primer on the wider picture. I'd only recommend it if you've got a particular interest in the history of Lion's Arch or Zhaitan, and if you do pick it up, I would certainly recommend your native language.

• 2 weeks later...