Very low FPS after installing the new expansion

I've Just installed the game after 2 years away from It, and somehow can't run the game properly. Used to play on a Dell notebook (i3, 1gb graphics) at 30-40 FPS and a desktop (FX 4200, Radeon HD 7770 1gb) with the same/higher framerate. Now, with a FX 8320E and RX 580 8gb i can't get more than 10 FPS, no matter what graphic config i set. Anyone have some info to share about this?

Need a few things to help you:

1) Driver version -- I use 17.12.1 with my Ryzen 1600X and RX 470

2) How much RAM do you have installed?

3) Windows Version - if 10, go to Settings > Gaming >True Play and turn it Off

The options I use for Global Settings in the AMD software are:

Anti-Aliasing - Enhance App Settings

AA Method - Supersampling

Morphological Filter - Off

Anisotropic Filtering - Override 8x

Surface Formation Optimization - On

Vertical Refresh - On (I have issues with Screen Tearing otherwise)

OpenGL Buffer - Off

Shader Cache - AMD opt

Tessellation - 16x (doesn't matter if the game isn't DX10 or higher

In game I run max settings @ 1440P and pull 40+ in most areas, some 60+, World Bosses I drop to about 15-20.

The game has gotten much more demanding in the new maps since vanilla. It's definitely your cpu holding you back in any case, RX 580 is more than capable of running at over 60 fps with a newer/decent cpu (and gw2 is obviously very cpu bound). You can also try switching from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen or vice-versa. I used to get drops to 5 fps and switching to windowed fixed it. =)

> @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> The options I use for Global Settings in the AMD software are:

> Anti-Aliasing - Enhance App Settings

> AA Method - Supersampling

It is probably obvious to many people, but supersampling is the single most costly possible choice for AA. (...and is high quality, no doubt.)

Just so nobody gets surprised if they turn it on and discover their "not the best possible" GPU isn't up to the job. (It basically draws everything at double your screen resolution, then scales the image down to fit on the screen.)

A common cause for this has been the GPU not running properly, or not being used. Use GPU-Z to confirm the bus speed of the GPU while GW2 is running - operating at 1x is what can more than half your FPS. If you additionally have an integrated GPU, GW2 may be running on it instead. Rename Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe or setup a profile for Gw2-64.exe in your GPU's configuration software.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> A common cause for this has been the GPU not running properly, or not being used. Use GPU-Z to confirm the bus speed of the GPU while GW2 is running - operating at 1x is what can more than half your FPS. If you additionally have an integrated GPU, GW2 may be running on it instead. Rename Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe or setup a profile for Gw2-64.exe in your GPU's configuration software.

Well, tried that. Gpuz shows that my card os running at 16x when i play other games, such as pubg. And i dont have any onboard graphic card. Basically i can run any game but GW2 since the expansion.

> @"GW Beast.4329" said:

> The game has gotten much more demanding in the new maps since vanilla. It's definitely your cpu holding you back in any case, RX 580 is more than capable of running at over 60 fps with a newer/decent cpu (and gw2 is obviously very cpu bound). You can also try switching from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen or vice-versa. I used to get drops to 5 fps and switching to windowed fixed it. =)

The thing is, I uses to play with no issues and decent framerate using a FX4200 and a 1gb 7770HD gpu, so my guess its related to the New expansion...

I've noticed it too. Ever since the last LW Season 4 patch, my usual 60-80 FPS has dropped to 20-30 FPS (which is very noticeable). I tried updating nVidia drivers, but no dice. I was curious if others were experiencing this too and it looks like they are. I game on MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro running an i7-7700HQ processor with 16 gigs of Ram and a nVidea GTX 1060 and it usually ate up this game at ultra high graphics with no problems.... suddenly it's struggling. If others are experiencing this, I hope ANet is looking into it.