Balance patch when?

Abelisk.4527

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > @"Rufo.3716" said:

> > > > > > Expect Mesmer and thief buffs. They will nerf rev into the ground as it's becoming sort of relevant.

> > > > >

> > > > > i love that thief can be beaten by any class and any build yet people qq about it evrywhere, and wants more nerfs, pls give the class cooldowns on normal attacks not just stealth

> > > >

> > > > dunno what kind of thieves you see nowadays, but i have see really skilled thieves killing Mirages and SBs nonstop , using S/D and SB , the fact that in this game there are utilities/skills that dont need direct sight of your target to tp to him means that some classes that can "abuse" of such skills become really powerful.

> > >

> > > in what league lol?

>

> gold-platinum, in fact i saw people in twitch killing everything with thief in platinum league xD, perhaps is that people are being carried by the meta and then when facing someone skilled meta cant win xD.

Are u on US servers then? cos at eu thieves gettin rekt in 1v1 tbh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > > @"Rufo.3716" said:

> > > > > > > Expect Mesmer and thief buffs. They will nerf rev into the ground as it's becoming sort of relevant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i love that thief can be beaten by any class and any build yet people qq about it evrywhere, and wants more nerfs, pls give the class cooldowns on normal attacks not just stealth

> > > > >

> > > > > dunno what kind of thieves you see nowadays, but i have see really skilled thieves killing Mirages and SBs nonstop , using S/D and SB , the fact that in this game there are utilities/skills that dont need direct sight of your target to tp to him means that some classes that can "abuse" of such skills become really powerful.

> > > >

> > > > in what league lol?

> >

> > gold-platinum, in fact i saw people in twitch killing everything with thief in platinum league xD, perhaps is that people are being carried by the meta and then when facing someone skilled meta cant win xD.

>

> Are u on US servers then? cos at eu thieves gettin rekt in 1v1 tbh

EU , tbh , in the actual state of game , as we have 3-4 really good and unbalanced classes people usually are carried by the class itself, so when they face someone with skill the meta/class cant save them, that skilled person could be any of the non-meta classes (ranger,thief,etc), then people see that X players are killing people with a non-meta and copy the build, at this point we have a lot of players using non-meta classes spamming skills and dying to meta classes because they arent skilled enough to use such class then people using meta against that players win their matches but when they reach a high "elo" they face people with non.meta classes that are focking god and they die, then they come to forum claiming that meta classes are not OP and dont need any balance.

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Rufo.3716" said:

> > > > > > > > Expect Mesmer and thief buffs. They will nerf rev into the ground as it's becoming sort of relevant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i love that thief can be beaten by any class and any build yet people qq about it evrywhere, and wants more nerfs, pls give the class cooldowns on normal attacks not just stealth

> > > > > >

> > > > > > dunno what kind of thieves you see nowadays, but i have see really skilled thieves killing Mirages and SBs nonstop , using S/D and SB , the fact that in this game there are utilities/skills that dont need direct sight of your target to tp to him means that some classes that can "abuse" of such skills become really powerful.

> > > > >

> > > > > in what league lol?

> > >

> > > gold-platinum, in fact i saw people in twitch killing everything with thief in platinum league xD, perhaps is that people are being carried by the meta and then when facing someone skilled meta cant win xD.

> >

> > Are u on US servers then? cos at eu thieves gettin rekt in 1v1 tbh

>

> EU , tbh , in the actual state of game , as we have 3-4 really good and unbalanced classes people usually are carried by the class itself, so when they face someone with skill the meta/class cant save them, that skilled person could be any of the non-meta classes (ranger,thief,etc), then people see that X players are killing people with a non-meta and copy the build, at this point we have a lot of players using non-meta classes spamming skills and dying to meta classes because they arent skilled enough to use such class then people using meta against that players win their matches but when they reach a high "elo" they face people with non.meta classes that are focking god and they die, then they come to forum claiming that meta classes are not OP and dont need any balance.

>

So you think thief is overperforming?

> @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Rufo.3716" said:

> > > > > > > > > Expect Mesmer and thief buffs. They will nerf rev into the ground as it's becoming sort of relevant.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i love that thief can be beaten by any class and any build yet people qq about it evrywhere, and wants more nerfs, pls give the class cooldowns on normal attacks not just stealth

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > dunno what kind of thieves you see nowadays, but i have see really skilled thieves killing Mirages and SBs nonstop , using S/D and SB , the fact that in this game there are utilities/skills that dont need direct sight of your target to tp to him means that some classes that can "abuse" of such skills become really powerful.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > in what league lol?

> > > >

> > > > gold-platinum, in fact i saw people in twitch killing everything with thief in platinum league xD, perhaps is that people are being carried by the meta and then when facing someone skilled meta cant win xD.

> > >

> > > Are u on US servers then? cos at eu thieves gettin rekt in 1v1 tbh

> >

> > EU , tbh , in the actual state of game , as we have 3-4 really good and unbalanced classes people usually are carried by the class itself, so when they face someone with skill the meta/class cant save them, that skilled person could be any of the non-meta classes (ranger,thief,etc), then people see that X players are killing people with a non-meta and copy the build, at this point we have a lot of players using non-meta classes spamming skills and dying to meta classes because they arent skilled enough to use such class then people using meta against that players win their matches but when they reach a high "elo" they face people with non.meta classes that are focking god and they die, then they come to forum claiming that meta classes are not OP and dont need any balance.

> >

>

> So you think thief is overperforming?

Not only thief , there are players that can play really well the ranger class, but the fact the thief is the only class that can spam skills means that someone skilled enough with this class is a "nightmare" to deal with, for any kind of class (meta or not), i was watching 2 days ago a twitch streaming from a thief from fifty five dragons guild , and he was able to kill almost anything, Does that means that thief is overperforming? nah, the problem is that people use meta class to climb to high elo, and then when they face someone with real skill die and claim for nerfs, perhaps the only thing that thief need to make people stop crying about him is a little cd between skills (1 sec for example).

> @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > > > @"urdriel.8496" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Menyus.4610" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Rufo.3716" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Expect Mesmer and thief buffs. They will nerf rev into the ground as it's becoming sort of relevant.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i love that thief can be beaten by any class and any build yet people qq about it evrywhere, and wants more nerfs, pls give the class cooldowns on normal attacks not just stealth

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > dunno what kind of thieves you see nowadays, but i have see really skilled thieves killing Mirages and SBs nonstop , using S/D and SB , the fact that in this game there are utilities/skills that dont need direct sight of your target to tp to him means that some classes that can "abuse" of such skills become really powerful.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > in what league lol?

> > > > >

> > > > > gold-platinum, in fact i saw people in twitch killing everything with thief in platinum league xD, perhaps is that people are being carried by the meta and then when facing someone skilled meta cant win xD.

> > > >

> > > > Are u on US servers then? cos at eu thieves gettin rekt in 1v1 tbh

> > >

> > > EU , tbh , in the actual state of game , as we have 3-4 really good and unbalanced classes people usually are carried by the class itself, so when they face someone with skill the meta/class cant save them, that skilled person could be any of the non-meta classes (ranger,thief,etc), then people see that X players are killing people with a non-meta and copy the build, at this point we have a lot of players using non-meta classes spamming skills and dying to meta classes because they arent skilled enough to use such class then people using meta against that players win their matches but when they reach a high "elo" they face people with non.meta classes that are focking god and they die, then they come to forum claiming that meta classes are not OP and dont need any balance.

> > >

> >

> > So you think thief is overperforming?

>

> Not only thief , there are players that can play really well the ranger class, but the fact the thief is the only class that can spam skills means that someone skilled enough with this class is a "nightmare" to deal with, for any kind of class (meta or not), i was watching 2 days ago a twitch streaming from a thief from fifty five dragons guild , and he was able to kill almost anything, Does that means that thief is overperforming? nah, the problem is that people use meta class to climb to high elo, and then when they face someone with real skill die and claim for nerfs, perhaps the only thing that thief need to make people stop crying about him is a little cd between skills (1 sec for example).

oooooookey

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> I hope for the following changes:

> Engineer; increase cooldown by Holo leap by 2 seconds, make Holo wave LoSable and remove Y axis on it.

> Nerf to either protection uptime, spectrum shield or frontal block. Not all of them. Remove pull from HLA tool belt, they have enough cc spam already.

>

> Mesmer; increase cooldown on axe 3 by 4 seconds, remove the ability to dodge while stunned and rework EM to remove two conditions. Put a 5 second ICD on Ineptitude. Remove clone from sword ambush. Shave torch burns. Make portal one way only, either put the entrance down first so that the skill can be used to rotate your team and not yourself, or put the entrance down last so that you can disengage from fights along with people close to you. (But not go back through) portal nerf is long overdue. Or make it an elite skill.

>

> Warrior; lower the damage on greatsword and give it to other weapons to promote diversity. Undo rampage change as it's way too spammy now.

>

> Revenant; nerf damage on sword offhand or make them longer cast times. Make them cleanse two condis on legend swap + 1 extra cleanse on staff 4.

>

> Ranger; greatly reduce the boonspam on Soulbeast builds. Reduce base damage on owl, gazelle and smokescale. Move the pet damage to underused weapons to promote diversity.

>

> Elementalist; greatly reduce the evade spam while increasing damage across the board on sword and dagger mainhand. Making the class less frustrating to fight.

>

> Thief; rework swindler's equilibrium into reducing steal cooldown by x seconds when evading an attack. Double steal isn't fun playing against as you need to dodge two untelegraphed skills instead of one. Rework instant reflexes to proc at 25%. See valluns video for Condi thief rework/nerf.

>

> Necromancer; make shades LoSable again and remove cripple from shade auto attacks as they already have an abundance of wide condition application. Rework transfusion to not port the target, the res speed coupled with well is strong enough. Make torch 5 LoSable.

>

> Guardian; increase the cooldown on signet of Mercy. Decrease healing done by staff 4 and staff 2 and move those heals to mace, this will force Firebrands away from sword and in turn lowering mobility. Decrease Condi cleanse / conversion on healing tome.

>

> I only want to see nerfs in this patch, across the board. After PoF specs are brought in line, we can start buffing underused specs such as berserker, dragonhunter, core necros, engineers and so on.

90% of the nerfs you want are great. That being said, if you want PoF specs brought in line, why are you calling for nerfs to core skills?

# Guard

How on earth is Guard staff overperforming? Staff 4 is almost impossible to pull off in a fight without burning at least one stability stack. Staff 2 is a bit spammable I will say, but it's not its healing that causes a prob. Staff is such a 2012 weapon, I really can't wrap my mind around why you think THAT is the problem with support FB. Try to play support guard or support DH with mace/sh staff and let me know how it goes.

# Warrior

I can agree that Rampage is annoying, I think that skills 2-5 should only be usable once per Rampage, that way warrs have to think carefully about when to use each skill. 2 Throw Boulders is waaayyyy more dangerous than one.

For weapons, this is too vague, give the devs something specific to work with. On the topic of Greatsword, you have a point, since GS already functions as a great mobility and okay damage avoidance weapon ([Whirlwind Attack](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirlwind_Attack "Whirlwind Attack") + [Forceful Greatsword](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forceful_Greatsword "Forceful Greatsword") + [Might Makes Right](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might_Makes_Right "Might Makes Right") = plenty of evades). What I'd like is a 10% nerf to Whirlwind attack damage since it already gives movement and evade, but make [bladetrail](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bladetrail "Bladetrail") into a 1.5s Immobilize and for [Hundred Blades](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hundred_Blades "Hundred Blades") reduce cast time and damage by 25%. Right now Hundred Blades has barely any use cases in sPvP outside of cleaving a downed body.

# Mesmer

In regards to the [Portal](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Portal_Entre "Portal") nerf, completely disagree. For the record I don't play mesmer at all. Calling your nerf "overdue" is ridiculous, Mesmer has not been generally overperforming since GW2's release. If it were correct that this nerf were overdue, then that would mean that Mesmers using Portal have been overperforming this whole time, which is nonsensical considering that it's only received bug fixes and a CD nerf since release.

Portal is the main reason to take Mesmer in high-level play, so ideally in sPvP Mesmer would be slightly worse at pretty much any role than other professions at any general role (such as duelist), but have specific niches in Portal, Moa, and other unique skills combos like Chrono using Illusion of Life and Mimic. Asking for a nerf to what makes Mesmer unique is like asking for a boon corruption nerf on Necro.

The problem with mesmer is that at the moment is that it overperforms in +1 (power Mirage is annoying but somewhat counterable, condi mirage is OP) and duelist (condi mirage) roles, while still maintaining the ability to keep Portal on its skillbar. Rather than nerf portal, just reduce Mesmer's efficacy at these roles so that other professions can surpass it, and Mesmer will be fine. The fact that Mesmer can quickly defend home, decap far, and make unique teamplays is no problem if it's not overperforming in other roles too.

> @"UfoCoffee.2084" said:

> 1: Tone down condi burst in the game in general. Condi burst on thief and mesmer kills faster than any power build. There is no counter play.

> 2: Nerf mirage: They have way too many escapes, evades,mobility considering the ammount of damage they have.

> 3: Nerf condi thief: The spec is faceroll and spammy and anti-fun. The fact this still exists is a bit of a joke.

> 4: Nerf spellbreaker: Maybe nerf the greatsword damage as they do far too much damage considering how much defense and sustain they have.

> 5: Holosmith needs a bit of balancing, maybe some longer cooldowns on their main burst as they can use it too often and can control a point with scourge like point cover but whilst having better sustain.

> 6: Rev will need to be toned down as if condi burst is nerfed (which it 100% needs to be) then they will be top dogs as no power build can 1v1 them and the only reason people aren't complaining about them right now is they are weak to condi.

Condi burst on thief does NOT kill faster than any power build lol.

Give Revenants AT LEAST SOME FORM of condi-cleanse. (besides that one on Ventari). Guardian has several of them, for example, while Revenant has none. At least give a full condi cleanse on legend swap. This way both (the revenant and its enemy) need to play it smart. The one who is applying conditions needs to watch if the revenant has changed legends to do its big application skills while keeping itself alive, while the Revenant will need to consider if he will legend swap now and cleanse the smaller ticks and risk a possible burst, or leave it for later (but he may get slowly burned down with those ticks too, also Legend Swap is a Stun Break for Revs, so he would need to consider if he would use it now to cleanse himself, or use save it for break a stun). I think this would give great depth to fights against and with Revenants and would make them at least somewhat more meta.

Make Firebrand a little bit harder to play. Tbh, the numbers are good and don't be nerfed, but just make it a little bit more difficult to pull it off. Maybe a bit more resource intensive.

Nerf the speed of condi applications of Mirage and the visual clutter. That's it.

Make Full Counter more visible. Maybe with a mark above the head. A lot of other abilities have such markers, why not Full Counter too? And fix the animation bug. GS dmg is okay.

Don't nerf Ranger. Honestly, I don't even play it at all, but when I play against it, I feel like it is a competitive class. If somebody knows how to play it, they can add a lot of value to the team. If they don't, they won't. Maybe not much 1vs1, but not every class has to be a 1vs1!

Thief is okay-ish. Again, I would just make the condi application a bit slower, but that's it.

Nerf whatever that AOE thing around Necromancers is when they walk around with it. Moving AOE like that is horrible for any non-ranged class (especially if they happen not to have a cleanse!) That's it.

No opinion on the other specs.

Oh, and I honestly believe that making bigger Capture Points will literally make the game more balanced all by itself.