Guild Member Leveling System.

What I think GW2 (and other MMORPGs) should do with Guilds is have a system where all members in a guild have to level up in order to rank up like the leader of the guild can pick a level that the member has to get within a guild in order to rank up to the next rank. In order to level up they must do stuff for the guild. It kinda makes it more organized than the Officers and leader having to pick who gets to rank up. It also makes it so that the members of the guild have to participate in guild events in order to rank up. What do you guys/gals think about this?

I personally am not so fond of this idea. Imagine you start a guild yourself with a couple of real life friends and open it up for others. I would rather have ppl I know long and trust in the higher ranks, regardless of their contribution. Guild contribution is also a very wide context. It can be join guild missions, fractals, pvp/wvw, dungeons.... and it can also mean help guild members in whatever they need help with. On top of that, some players have a lot of play time and some less, some like pvp, some only like pve... In current state guilds usually set up some rules mentioning the amount of activity they wish from you (for most its only to log in). And the ranking system as of current can be used in various ways as well... you can rank by activity, you can rank by experience/knowledge, you can rank by amount played,... the list is endless...

The idea to try and encourage involvement has merit, but otherwise the idea simply wouldn't work and is pretty anti-GW2 in philosophy. The current ranking system basically works and generally most guilds promote based on inclusion anyway.

If someone doesn't care, giving the carrot of an arbitrary level wont change that attitude. Also, a player who joins an activity once a week may seem anti-social, but that could be a large amount of their play time. So it the system would be unfair to them as they couldn't level themselves despite giving what spare time they can.