A friend got his account stolen

Agua.1607

He submitted a ticket, but got no response yet. Is there any way I can help provide help to authenticate him as the account owner? The thief keeps buying 35 USD gem packs with my friend account. Please help us.

He hadn't enabled sms authenticator because sometimes it doesn't work on our country, but the thief just did, so he is powerless to regain control of his account.

First step, put a block on whatever they're using to pay.

Email authentication is enabled by default after verifying an account, so if the account was hacked, their email may also be compromised. First ensure that the computer itself hasn't been compromised, then verify that the email hasn't be compromised and that no recovery or forwarding options have been set. Alternatively, create a new email and use that to contact support. Once a ticket is created, you should receive an automated response to confirm the ticket, though an actual response will likely take a week due to the influx from the expansion.

In the future, the alternative to SMS in an authenticator. Securing the GW2 account with 2FA doesn't actually matter, since email authentication should be enabled. What you actually want is an authenticator on your email.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your answers, I sent them to my friend. Unluckily, I got baned because a 3rd party payment processor made a mistake, so i could gave you the proper thank you. I am free of charges now, since it was a mistake of the 3rd party payment processor that though my account was my friend account(or something like that, support wasn't clear on that, they just apollogized and refuse to provide further info).