Newb having trouble with Spellbreaker

Clutch.6159

So I am a returning player and read about this spellbreaker class and thought this sounds amazing. So I boosted my warrior to 80 and got the spec to realize that its not that great or I am just completely doing it wrong. I am using the strength, Arms, and SB traits but I only have full counter in SB currently. Right now the class feels meh since it seems like full counter doesn't do much. Can anyone supply some advice for the early stages of this spec?

first you bossted your warrior to 80 so you habe no idea how to play warrior at all, second its always good to have the whole spec unlocked, sb didnt rly change the class like some other classes do with especs, like scourge or druids for example to rly shine you need to know yoir enemies so you can fullcounter right when trey use a strong attack to negate that dmg and third id recommend not playing arms

to learn the warri basics id recommend you go play open world and use that build, which is very forgiving

defense giving you sustain (adrenal health, you have to stack it up tho with hitting your f1 bursts)

strength dmg boosts and might makes right for more sustain and alot more dodges

and disciplin to swap weapons and spam more, which is always fun

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3ZjMdQZH2FCmhAnIGICK9Lm+twCgIonxW4FWBA-jVROwAgV/Bw+DyUCOS5HRdDkCoKhWA-w

For open world as he said i think Strength/Discipline/Defense will be the best, with Axe/Axe and Mace/Mace or Mace/Shield i can solo almost all of Heart of Thorns hero points pretty easily. Though i use Str 3-3-1, Disci 2-1-1 and Defense 3-3-2, mostly personal preference though.

Never tried Spellbreaker for open world but if i did i'd probably replace Defense for Spellbreaker 2-3-3 and try offhand dagger, though i have no idea how good the sustain would be as i never used dagger, some champions can hit really hard and/or combo you in 2-3 seconds.

You're issue is probably trying to play SB as a normal DPS build, when you need to play it as Countering/Shutdown build. Since boons aren't as common in PvE, SB can't reach its full potential in Open world..... however, its still worthwhile to build with disables in mind, since Attackers insight is a very powerful buff. Another Hidden Gem is Natural Healing. Most people avoid it because it strips boons off yourself; However, most don't realize this also triggers Attacker's Insight. Since most people run forceful greatsword for easy might stacks, you're not actually losing much by using this skill while solo. Its even a marginal drawback in most Group Events, since boons get thrown get around like crazy anyway. The only thing it would really break is Signet of Rage, as those are long duration boons.

While Axe is higher in damage, I wouldn't count out the Dagger (even in PvE). Dagger has a very fast response time, making it nice choice in fights where camping axe auto is dangerous. Sun and Moon also gives healing from crits, which can add up pretty fast. But your Bread and Butter weapon choice is Hammer and Great Sword. Hammer is pretty monstrous against Break bars, and its damage is actually not that bad overall. Greatsword offers high burst damage and Mobility. Between the 2, you're actually really mobile and capable of getting a lot of Tags, while still being able to focus on a target for huge damage.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> You're issue is probably trying to play SB as a normal DPS build, when you need to play it as Countering/Shutdown build. Since boons aren't as common in PvE, SB can't reach its full potential in Open world..... however, its still worthwhile to build with disables in mind, since Attackers insight is a very powerful buff. Another Hidden Gem is Natural Healing. Most people avoid it because it strips boons off yourself; However, most don't realize this also triggers Attacker's Insight. Since most people run forceful greatsword for easy might stacks, you're not actually losing much by using this skill while solo. Its even a marginal drawback in most Group Events, since boons get thrown get around like crazy anyway. The only thing it would really break is Signet of Rage, as those are long duration boons.

>

> While Axe is higher in damage, I wouldn't count out the Dagger (even in PvE). Dagger has a very fast response time, making it nice choice in fights where camping axe auto is dangerous. Sun and Moon also gives healing from crits, which can add up pretty fast. But your Bread and Butter weapon choice is Hammer and Great Sword. Hammer is pretty monstrous against Break bars, and its damage is actually not that bad overall. Greatsword offers high burst damage and Mobility. Between the 2, you're actually really mobile and capable of getting a lot of Tags, while still being able to focus on a target for huge damage.

for all bosses i encountered solo all i needed to break the breakbar was fullcounter, bullscharge and mace 5 (axe mainhand) sometimes the chill from weaponswap to get the last bit (i use my weapons from wvw to do the open world stuff)