How exactly do you get Tormented Heart?

Oglaf.1074

> @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > The squad I was with just told me to stand near/on top of Rigorm when he dies, but that didn't result in getting the Heart once we killed Samarog.

>

> Rigom has to detonate on you for the heart to activate.

And what exactly does "detonate" entail?

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > The squad I was with just told me to stand near/on top of Rigorm when he dies, but that didn't result in getting the Heart once we killed Samarog.

> >

> > Rigom has to detonate on you for the heart to activate.

>

> And what exactly does "detonate" entail?

He needs to explode from the damage taken by the Guldhem. Basicaly don't pull him under the Samarog and let him wipe the party with the explosion.

> @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > The squad I was with just told me to stand near/on top of Rigorm when he dies, but that didn't result in getting the Heart once we killed Samarog.

> > >

> > > Rigom has to detonate on you for the heart to activate.

> >

> > And what exactly does "detonate" entail?

>

> He needs to explode from the damage taken by the Guldhem. Basicaly don't pull him under the Samarog and let him wipe the party with the explosion.

> @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > The squad I was with just told me to stand near/on top of Rigorm when he dies, but that didn't result in getting the Heart once we killed Samarog.

> > >

> > > Rigom has to detonate on you for the heart to activate.

> >

> > And what exactly does "detonate" entail?

>

> He needs to explode from the damage taken by the Guldhem. Basicaly don't pull him under the Samarog and let him wipe the party with the explosion.

Awww man. Gonna have a hard time convincing a raid squad to let me do that, LOL

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > The squad I was with just told me to stand near/on top of Rigorm when he dies, but that didn't result in getting the Heart once we killed Samarog.

> > > >

> > > > Rigom has to detonate on you for the heart to activate.

> > >

> > > And what exactly does "detonate" entail?

> >

> > He needs to explode from the damage taken by the Guldhem. Basicaly don't pull him under the Samarog and let him wipe the party with the explosion.

>

> > @TheRandomGuy.7246 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > The squad I was with just told me to stand near/on top of Rigorm when he dies, but that didn't result in getting the Heart once we killed Samarog.

> > > >

> > > > Rigom has to detonate on you for the heart to activate.

> > >

> > > And what exactly does "detonate" entail?

> >

> > He needs to explode from the damage taken by the Guldhem. Basicaly don't pull him under the Samarog and let him wipe the party with the explosion.

>

> Awww man. Gonna have a hard time convincing a raid squad to let me do that, LOL

It's not so hard, the squad will only lose a couple seconds of their time. Only you need to be near him when he explodes, no need for anyone else to get damaged

It's actually pretty easy. In a regular group that kills Cairn without problems just take a stunbreak utility with you and play selfish the whole fight. The biggest issue people get when they are doing the heart is due to rezzing others. Don't do that unless they are in the middle of the arena lying next to the boss. Otherwise don't care he will be taken care of.

If you are able to play the mechanics, step out of the teleports avoid the arm attack + the last circle moving towards the edge, you should be able to get it the first try.

Also a hint: You can even go on the side of the kiter (if you have one). I see so many people being afraid to do that, insisting to stand on the "marked" side and they step back due to teleports instead of repositioning around the boss because they think there is no room for them and immediately getting hit by the shards. It is enough to be close (inner circle) to the Cairn no matter on which side you're standing. You can also dodge into him to avoid the port fields. Even if shards are spawning on your side you won't get hit by them.

I actually got it yesterday. What made all the difference was when a squadmate informed me of a most important piece of information:

**Number of people inside of the circles only matter when the circles are of different sizes.**

When he summons circles of the same size, you just go the whichever you can. I used to scramble around trying to find one with other players in it already and it messed me up constantly. Not doing that made it a lot easier. Derp.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> I actually got it yesterday. What made all the difference was when a squadmate informed me of a most important piece of information:

>

> **Number of people inside of the circles only matter when the circles are of different sizes.**

>

> When he summons circles of the same size, you just go the whichever you can. I used to scramble around trying to find one with other players in it already and it messed me up constantly. Not doing that made it a lot easier. kitten.

Translated: "I haven't known/understood all the mechanics of this boss before."

No offense, I experience this is rather often and sometimes it's getting annoying. On Monday, we had a Xera first timer in our group and right before we started he said: "I have no clue about her." He knew hours before that he will be in our group on this day but refused to even read a guide for 2 minutes, not to speak of watching a video or anything related. He replied: "I have better things to do." #metriggered

Of course, this game is a hobby, no need for more dedication than needed but for the most challenging content I expect people to at least have a tiny look at what they are going to do. "We have the technology." In my opinion this is a good amount of the reasons why people are constantly failing or making no progress in static starter groups and even pugs in the range of 0-150 LIs.

There's absolutely no clue or indication that this is the case during the fight itself. The only way I could've figured it out was to put the success of my raid squad in danger by experimenting with the circles during the fight.

I hope you realize why I didn't do that, right?

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> There's absolutely no clue or indication that this is the case during the fight itself. The only way I could've figured it out was to put the success of my raid squad in danger by experimenting with the circles during the fight.

Other than the different size circles having obvious floating different numbers of bright star things above them...?

> @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > There's absolutely no clue or indication that this is the case during the fight itself. The only way I could've figured it out was to put the success of my raid squad in danger by experimenting with the circles during the fight.

>

>

> Other than the different size circles having obvious floating different numbers of bright star things above them...?

^

This! I dunno but it's very well indicated.

• 2 weeks later...