[Suggestion] Critical Condition Hits

LazerusKI.7485

I have played back at release when Condi damage was very different from how it is now, back when the stacking worked different, weaker condis could override stronger ones and whatnot. You wouldnt bring condi classes to tequatl since the conditions were capped in the first few seconds.

So as a recent returner (around 3 or 4 months ago) it was a very different setting to come back to.

The thing i learned very quick was how powerful condi damage is now, and after testing the PoF weekends i saw that condi is literally everywhere. Most of the new elite specs are littered with Condi abilities.

So i thought...what if there would be another way to play conditions? What if critical hits would have an effect on them? Hitting with a condition inflicting ability would then have additional effects, some interesting abilities.

Lets make some examples:

Critting with a Burn-Ability could trigger a Flameblast which spreads the Burning to nearby targets

Critting with a Poison-Ability could deal (additional) damage to Breakbars

Critting with a Confusing-Ability could turn the Enemy "neutral" so he takes damage from his allies and deals damage to them too

Critting with a Torment-Ability could deal damage as if they were moving (even while standing still) for a short time

Critting a Bleeding Target could deal additional critical damage

something like that. That way you wouldnt be "forced" to use Condition Damage and Expertise for maximum damage, you could also go down the critical path to trigger those additional effects more often

> @LazerusKI.7485 said:

> That way you wouldnt be "forced" to use Condition Damage and Expertise for maximum damage, you could also go down the critical path to trigger those additional effects more often

I don't think that's what would happen. Instead, people would just go for all three. That attribute combination already exists in PvP, after all, and making it work in PvE and WvW would only require some mix 'n' matching. There's an optimal way to do anything, and theorycrafters would figure out maximum damage quite quickly. Conditions are already quite powerful and I fear your idea would be hard to balance.